SPEAKER_00: Thank you for joining us on the CCW podcast. Make sure you connect with us on social media to stay up to date on ministries and events happening at CCW. We hope you're encouraged, inspired, and motivated by today's message. To find out how to connect with us, keep listening after the message ends.
SPEAKER_01: I'm so excited about this morning. I want to give you two quick commercials before I introduce you to the professor. Two quick commercials are this. After the service, we're going to flip the room around. We are going to have uh dinner on the grounds. So if you don't have plans, or even if you have some that you can cancel, today would be an awesome day. We would love to invite you to stick around, eat some lunch with us. We have, of course, fried chicken coming. So it's going to be good. It's going to be good. And if you wouldn't mind helping, we've got tables in here. We're just going to pull them out, flip the chairs around, and we would love for you to stay with us as well. One more thing, commercial, because I cannot help it. Next week, we start our Connect groups. So if you have not signed up, please check that out on the app or on the website. And one of the greatest means we have of digging deeper, building burdens together. And if you're not feeling connected yet, we want you to be in a small group. We have over ten groups, most of them on Sunday, but we have some on Monday, Wednesday throughout the week. And we would love for you to jump in and get involved in that way. And we actually have added another Sunday school class, so there'll be two adult classes on Sunday morning as well that you can get involved with. Well, Doc, I thought of a lot of things that I could say to introduce our speaker this morning. And uh I want to just tell you two quick personal ones. One, my wife Heather knew Pastor Danny ever well before I ever knew who he was. And uh she went to Liberty University for uh a year, and she went there because she went to a Jesus is awesome rally, and uh you might hear something about that in a little bit. I don't know. Anyways, she went to this rally and heard the speaker, and many of you, maybe you grew up, I don't know, may or or have just been. Has anybody I don't want to call that out, has anybody, you just you raid, don't raise your hand, but you've been in a dry church. Okay, my wife grew up in a church that wasn't that exciting, is all I can say, nice. And she said when she went and heard Danny Love it, she said, I didn't know preachers were even allowed to be like that. And she said, if people were like that about their faith walks, you wanted to be around them. Well, my story, I met him then. We fast forward, we got into youth ministry in Indiana, and uh some of you that have been around for a long time have heard this, but that's okay. Um so my first meeting with Pastor Danny, my pastor had to leave and left me in charge of the guest speaker. And I, you know, I don't know what I don't know. I don't, I just think we're supposed to treat them good, take care of them. And uh they got kind of stuck in town for a little bit extra, and so we were gonna bring them over to the house. Now we've been in town for a month. I didn't even own a lawnmower, okay? So Danny comes out and he says, Rick, you're gonna lose your car in that grass, son. And I say, Well, you know, we're newly married. I just we lived in an apartment before. I haven't bought a lawnmower, and I've been borrowing Deacon's lawnmowers and stuff, anyways. So we go to Walmart, they've got to get some stuff, and he beelines to the back of the store, and he's going toward the lawnmower section. I don't know this guy, right? And I'm like, I'm just following him. He's just trucking through. And he gets back there and he says, I want that one, and I'm I'm figuring out what's happening. I said, No. I said, Pastor, I said, You're not gonna do that. You're the guest speaker. We're supposed to take care of you, pay you, take you like you. And he said, Rick, you're not gonna do what God has already told me to do. You're not gonna stop me from doing what he said. You're gonna get this lawnmower right now. I said, Yes, sir. Okay. But my impression for someone that I knew very little, that they would come and buy me a need that didn't know me from anybody. I had never had anybody just treat me like that that didn't know me. I thought, this person follows the heart of God, no matter what they do. And I found that doc to be true ever since. So would you put your hands together for Pastor Danny Lovett?
SPEAKER_04: Chapter 14. Matthew chapter 14. I am so excited to be here. Every time I show up, it's grown. I told Rick, I said, when we get to the new building, I said it won't take but a two, maybe three years, you'll be over 500 and you're getting close right now. Let's give God a hand. Amen. In fact, let's do this. I'm gonna say Jesus is what? And you are gonna raise the roof with the word awesome to see what and I just heard he just God just paid off your children's wing. Amen. Hello.
SPEAKER_02: Don't you think that God deserves an awesome amen?
SPEAKER_04: Jesus is what? Yes, he is, yes, he is. Uh I had about 300 deacons and preachers this last two days at Chaco Springs hollering Jesus is awesome. I was one of their guest speakers at their conference, and uh boy, did we uh uh just see God move and it couldn't have been better timing. We just finished the chalet, so now the cabin's available to be used for uh all kinds of things for pastors and retreats with pastors and staff, and it's just awesome, awesome. And Thursday I had the opportunity to present the gospel to 16 different men on the pickleball court at our state championship. Yeah, amen, amen, amen. And uh they've I've I've they put me in a highest division you can be in now. Uh I should have not played as well so I could have stayed in that winning division. But uh anyway, while we're playing with four, five, and five O's, and that's as high as you can get. And but that's okay. I came out with a bronze, so that's not bad. Amen. For my first time being in that division, I already told them next year I will win the gold. So uh anyway, guaranteed. Matthew chapter 14. I was praying about what God would have me to preach. And I thought to myself, I follow all of you. And by the way, if you're not on Facebook with me, please Facebook me, befriend me, because I do a little devotion every Saturday morning, usually around 8 o'clock, called The Words for the Week. The thing's grown to about 800 to a thousand people that follow me during that week. They'll listen to it. I try to keep it at least, not much more than five minutes. Because I know you'll listen five minutes. You're not gonna listen after that. But I can guarantee you, now some of you will, I know, but I guarantee you, you will be challenged, but you'll be encouraged, and I'll give you a nugget that'll take you through that week because I study all week uh in my own personal devotions, and I've picked the one God says to pick that I know we all need encouraging. Amen. So, with that said, God said, CCW needs to be encouraged today, but they also need to be instructed today about the excitement, yes, the the magnificent things God's done here in 11 years. Unbelievable. I remember coming out here and walking in this, not the whole 90 acres, but this thing, David and I, seven times. And the next day the guy called me and said, Hey, preacher, I want to sell it to you. And I'd already told David he was asking a million dollars. I said, No, no, David, God woke me up and God told me that he's gonna sell us this land for half a million dollars, and I got it figured out. We'd already had him raised some money, I already had a donation coming in of$50,000 for the land, and another donation of a hundred thousand for the land. And so I figured it out. We close to two hundred and fifty thousand dollars. So I was praying, and I've and I'd already asked him. First of all, I asked him, I said, um, God told me you're gonna give me this land. He said, Well, God didn't tell me that. I said, Well, I thought I'd try. Amen. You have not because you have not, right? And I don't have a problem asking. So, anyway, I had asked him, Well, can I buy 10 acres? He said, uh, okay, let's look at it. And we went and I wanted the 10 acres right behind Surpro because we were using Surpro's buildings, and we thought we could just build it and keep them all close together so we could use those buildings. And so he did, we did, uh, looked around and he said, okay. And he said, uh, I can sell you those 10 acres for$10,000 an acre. That was really about the going on$280. That'd be$250,000. And I thought to myself, we got it, we got it. But he said, But preacher, God wouldn't let me sleep last night. I said, Oh, in my mind I'm getting excited. I said, Is he gonna give it to me? He said, but I got a better plan. Get in a truck. I said, okay, we'll get in a truck. He took me all over this 90 acres. And then we came back. He said, Here's what God told me to do. I said, I'm listening. I'm still thinking, is he gonna give it to me? He said, I've been asking a million dollars for this property for about at least ten years. But God told me to do this for you. I'll sell you these ten acres for$250,000. But I got a better plan because I told him that's about what we had. He said, I got a better plan. And now you gotta you gotta realize this. I had already told David that he's gonna sell us that land for half a million dollars, and we're gonna pay$250,000, and he's gonna finance the rest. David looked at me and we were closer than brothers. We had a bond that I've never had with another person, and I probably never will. It was that special. And Benji will tell you that. Christy will tell you that. We just we were literally blood brothers. But when he didn't want to hurt my feelings, because David had no problem telling you what he thought. Many of y'all say amen on that. When he needed to straighten you out, he'd straighten you out. But he would always, and I knew, he said, instead of saying anything, he'd do this. Really? Oh, okay. He said, You do understand. He's asking a million dollars. I said, Yes, sir, I do. But I'm telling him what God told me. He said, hmm, okay. So we left it there. And I knew he was thinking, okay, all right, we'll see. So now put that into context. And so now we get back to right where the pavilion is right now. And he says, I'm gonna I'll sell you the 10 acres for 10,000 uh for$250,000. Or I will sell you the whole 90 acres for$250,000. I meant, excuse me, for half a million dollars, and hey, you give me$250,000 and I'll finance the other$250. Now you tell me my God's not an awesome God. Unbelievable. So don't tell me this thing, where's Bingy? Yeah, it's it's not staying on my ears. Okay, and I got I know I if I would be calm and collective, it would stay on, but that's okay. Uh so with that said, today, I want to ask you one question. Do you ever have any problems? Huh? Hey, you're in church, you can't lie. Do you ever have any problems? How many of you have problems right now? Yeah, you gonna be taking it tighter or what we're doing? You're taking it off? Okay, that's good. You can't take it off, it's in my shirt. Just just unplug it. All right. Hey, he's my son. All right. Love you. Oh, I felt like I was a bull harnessed. All right. So I thought to myself, when you get in a storm, how many of you ever had a storm in your life? How many of you in a storm right now in your life? I knew it. By the way, if you're not in one, you're gonna be in one. Because you're either, hey, hey, you're either going in the storm, hey, you're in the storm, or you're coming out. That is life. There's the good, the bad, and the ugly. I don't care who we are, I don't care how spiritual you are or unspiritual you are. Storms happen. And we got one of the greatest examples in Scripture. Well, actually, you have two of them twice. And there's a reason for that. The disciples, it took two major storms for them to come around and get the answer. So let me encourage you, when you get into a storm, hey, hey, ask God to tell you exactly what you need, hey, so that you don't have to take keep taking the test till you pass. Jesus had just gotten through preaching to thousands. He was tired and he told the disciples, he says, You're gonna go back over to Capernaum. That was his northern hangout at Peter's house. That's where they stayed. And he says, I'm gonna go back up to the mountain and I'm gonna pray. So they got in the boat and they started going over on the northern side. And right in the middle of their journey, we took about two and a half, three hours. It's 13 miles wide, the Sea of Galilee, been there three or four times. And so as they're rowing, all of a sudden, unexpectedly, now listen to me, unexpectedly, a violent storm came upon them. I'm talking about one that was so strong, so terrific, so I'm talking about unbelievable. And I've been on the Sea of Galilee while we stayed in a little motel beside it, when that we saw a storm like that. The waves got on the up to 12 to 14 feet high. They were coming over the embankment so much that we were there in February and winter that the water filled the swimming pool. And I thought to myself when I walked out those doors and what our group, we were all just watching it, boom, boom. I can remember in Mark 4 the other storm where Jesus is in the boat in that storm. I understood right then why the disciples said, wake him up, wake him up! I'm still trying to figure out how he was sleeping in that. But it was, hey, suddenly, it was unexpectedly, and it was violently. And you know what? After 42 years of ministry, I've seen most of the time our major storms, and it was a major storm. Let me let me tell you how major it is. You go over to the other passage in in uh Luke that describes this, and they said that in this passage it says they were toiling, but the Greek word there means that they were terrified. It means that they they were actually another synonym they used, they were tortured, they were panicking, they didn't know what to do, because here they were, they were on the northern section of the Sea of Galilee, going over to their home, and now they're in the middle, the middle of the Sea of Galilee, water filling the boat, they're rowing and been rowing for hours because they started about five o'clock in the afternoon, and now it's three o'clock in the morning. And it should have taken them three hours at the most to get over. So you that they really are terrified to the point they think they're gonna die. Now, here's something you gotta realize. There's three types of storms. You ready? There's the storms of correction. Remember Jonah? Jonah ended up in a storm of correction because he was trying to run away from the will of God. He was trying to run away from the purpose of God. I mean, it got so bad that Jonah had the opportunity to have a free ride on free willy. That's pretty bad. How would you like to spend three days and three nights in the belly of a whale? Can you imagine how he smelt when he came out? All those gastric juices. No wonder they had revival. Do anything for that stint. But can you imagine? Storms of correction. And then, secondly, there's storms of perfection. And guess what? This is the storm that the disciples are in. They're in a storm of perfection. What do you mean? Who told them to get in the boat and go to the other side? Come on, talk to me. I'm a professor too. Who told him? Jesus. Jesus said, get in the boat and go to the other side. So they are in the perfect will of God doing exactly what God told them to do. You with me? So some of us get in storms, and I know I've been in a few of these. I mean, it just came out of one, really. Well, I know I'm doing what I'm supposed to do, and man, the storms just opposition after opposition, storm after storm, just I felt like they were there rowing and roaring and roaring and roaring and roaring and roaring and not going anywhere.
SPEAKER_02: They're stuck in the middle of the sea in the storm.
SPEAKER_04: And then there's a third storm. Storms of correction, storms of perfection, and then there's storms of conversion. You remember all the sailors that were on the boat with Jonah? If you go back and read that story, I got a message on what happens when you get on the wrong boat. When you read the story, they were all the sailors were terrific sailors. I meant they had been sailing all their life. And for them to be in a storm that they thought they were gonna die, and because of that, they throw Jonah over. In fact, Jonah said, You just need to throw me over, and they started out saying, No, we're not gonna do that. And then the storm got so bad they said, throw him over. But we see, hey, after the storm ceased immediately after they threw him over, they turned, because he had told them about the Hebrew God, and that he was running from God. You gotta give Jonah credit. He fessed up, buddy. He said, I'm the culprit, I'm the reason this storm's happening. Get me overboard, and it'll be okay. So they had heard him preach to them. Hey, hey, he got right. At least he was preaching before he thought he was gonna drown. And he told them, and then they turn and they say, Forget our gods, we're gonna serve the Hebrew God. That's good stuff. So there was a big revival on that boat of convergence. When you get in a storm, I want us to look at some things that it's gonna be a blessing to you. Hey, they're never pleasant, there's never pleasant, but God always has a purpose for your storm. Always. How do we know that? You know Romans 8.28. Quote it with me. All things to them that love God, to them who what? Are called according to his whose purpose? God's purpose. You've got a purpose. If you're here and you're saved and you haven't found your purpose, you may be getting some storms till you find your purpose. So you say, Well, what do I do? Start doing something. Instead of sitting on the pew or the chair, start doing, start finding, asking God, using your talents, your giftedness, start doing something in this church, through this church, to hey, reach your community with the gospel of Jesus Christ. Get on the ice cream truck. Just don't eat all the ice cream. But here they are, and we're gonna learn something today. Here's the purpose. Hebrews 12.11. I don't know if they threw it up on the screen or not, but listen to what it says. Hebrews 12.11. Now, no chastening for the present seems to be joyous. You know what he's saying? There's nothing good about a storm. Storms are painful. Can I get an amen? Storms are very painful. Now, watch what it says. For this present time, in other words, for where you are right now. But grievous, painful. Nevertheless, afterwards, look what it says. It yields the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised. I thought about that word. I love exercise. But what did it really mean? Trained. We are trained through the storm to be equipped for what God's purpose is for our life. And that's why we have storms. Say that's good, preacher. That's it. And then he goes on to say to them which are exercised thereby. So, what we see in here, and I want to give us three things this morning. I want to give us three examples of Jesus in this storm with the disciples. Because it's just exactly what he does for us in our storm. Identical. In fact, he's given us two pictures, two storms with these disciples. And I'll go ahead and kind of fill you in. One of the main propositions of this storm was to teach them to trust him and to live and walk by faith. Can I get an amen? Faith is the substance of things. Hope for the evidence of things not seen. Hebrews 11:1. You know what that means? That means faith is to believe in something is so when it's not so, so that it becomes so because God said so. That's it. F-A-I-T-H, forsaking all, I take him. It's all about him. Trust in him. Trust in the Lord with all thy heart, lean not on thy own understanding, and all thy ways acknowledge him, and he will direct thy paths. Proverbs 3, 5 and 6.
unknown: Wow.
SPEAKER_04: So the first thing I want us to look at this morning is Jesus walking. I love it. God walks on the waves. That's your first point. The very thing, now watch this. This is good. The very thing that frightened the disciples to death. They were scared to death. The very thing that had them scared, petrified. Just like me and you, something happens, a storm comes, and we're frightful. We're fearful. The very thing that caused their fear was the instrument. Ooh, it's the instrument that God used to come to them. Hello? That brings a brand new perspective about your storm. God is going to use, whoo, amen. God's going to use that storm to come to you in a way that you'll see him like you've never seen him before. Y'all didn't get that. What did he say? What did he say, Harry? I said the thing that you're the most frightened about in your storm and afraid of, he uses to show up to you in a way that you've never seen him before. And in a way that you'll know him like you've never known him before. That's deep. You say, really? Ask Shadrach, Meshach, and Nebednego. Hello? Remember? They threw them in the fiery furnace. You know what they said? If they were going to throw me in the fiery furnace, Benji, and me and you gonna, hey, me and you and Rick. They're gonna throw us in the fiery furnace. You think we'd been strong enough to do what they did? You know what they said? We don't care if you throw us in the fiery furnace. One, we're not gonna bow. We're not gonna worship your God. And we would rather be thrown in the fiery furnace and be burned up than to serve you. You said, man, what a witness. Yeah, that's strong.
SPEAKER_02: I don't know if I'd have been that strong. And you know what? The king got so mad he turned around and said, Heat the furnace seven times hotter.
SPEAKER_04: In fact, they heated it so hot that when they opened the whatever it was, the rock, I don't think it was door, it's still door, but it burned up the guys that threw them in. They're gone. How'd you like to bend them? You with me? The king came back to look and see. They burned up. He knew they burned up. He looks over and he says, Who? Not only were there three, Shadrach, Mesha, and the bandico, but there was a fourth man in the fire furnace. And his name was guess who? Jesus. Jesus, the I am! And you're gonna see that in a minute.
SPEAKER_02: He showed up.
SPEAKER_04: He showed up. Can you imagine they never had an intimate relationship? I mean, they had an intimate relationship with God, but now he shows up. And they're right there walking in the fiery furnace with him. Gotta give us a real different perspective. I've been with some people that's been on their deathbed and I've watched them. And I've been with people that weren't saved and walking with God. And there's a major difference. But this is exactly the peace of God that God gives us in the midst of our storm if we really trust Him. Now watch. This is good. Three things real quick. Under 25, on the point one, walking. He came in the face of darkness. Between three and six o'clock. I told you they've been ruining six, seven hours. Here's what I want you to look about that. It means he came when it was the most difficult time. They were at the height of their storm. In other words, they thought it was over. The darkest time. Secondly, he came in the face of disaster. They thought they're drowning. I know people right now, cancer, other kinds of diseases, facing death. They're looking at the end. But let me remind all of us when we are in those dark times and when we feel like it may be over, the same God that controls our blessings is the same God that controls our storms. Amen. The darkest hour. I'll never forget when I graduated and went to Open Door Baptist Church, where I met David and Christy ended up coming and helping us build a great church just like this down there. I'd been there two weeks, and my precious wife of nine years and my little uh boy, Eric, seven years old, on New Year's Day. We had a service, New Year's Eve service, and we knelt at the altar and we said, whatever it takes, we're willing to give in order to build a great church here in Tuscaloosa, Alabama. And the next morning at 4:30 in the morning, my beautiful wife of age 28 woke me up having an acute asthma attack. And in the next 15 minutes, I was doing CPR on the floor trying to save her life, and to no avail, she went to be with Jesus. Two weeks. Right at a seminary.
SPEAKER_02: Talking about dark days, talking about disaster. God, how can you do that?
SPEAKER_04: You can't, you can't be God, and and I'm a young man wanting to build a church for you, and I'm excited, and I got a little boy, and now you take my helpmate, my wife, my Eric's mother. There's no God, and I threw my Bible against the wall. The doctor had given me medicine, so I passed out, fell across the bed. Hours later, I woke up. I was laying face down. The Bible, literally, that I threw against the wall was opened to Romans 8, 28. All things work together for good to them and love God, to them who are called according to its purpose. The Holy Spirit said, Preacher, either that's true or it's not. Where do you stand? I got up and got in the shower. Dr. Falwell called me, said, Danny boy, I don't know what you're going through. I can't imagine what you're going through right now. Two weeks out of seminary, you're there, and your wife's going to be with the Lord. But I all I can say is if God's called you there, stay there and build a church. And boy, did we build a church. We went from 34 to 1,500. We average a hundred, we average 200 people getting saved and baptized every year for 10 straight years. TV ministry, radio ministry. We captured Tuscaloosa. But I was in that shower and I was crying saying, Lord, I don't understand, Lord. How can you take my wife? I mean, we're just getting started. We're here to do what you want us to do. I'm called here. I'm in your will. I know that. How can this be? I'll never forget the Holy Spirit showed up. He didn't speak to me audibly, but he spoke to me inwardly. The Lord said, Preacher, you got the degree because I just graduated with my master's from seminary. But Becky got the crown.
SPEAKER_02: Woo! Woo! Jesus showed up in the shower. He showed up in my storm.
SPEAKER_04: And I said, But what am I gonna do? I got a little boy. What am I gonna do? You know what he said? Just what he said to the disciples.
SPEAKER_05: I got you back. You're mine.
SPEAKER_04: I gotta be careful what I say next. Because there was a beautiful redhead that became my babysitter. She was in the church. She came down the aisle and said, Pastor Danny, my sister and I are going to the University of Alabama, and we'd be glad to come over and babysit Eric both off us so it wouldn't look bad. And then she said the magic word. It's free.
SPEAKER_02: I was broke. I had no money. I'm a student.
SPEAKER_04: Then I said, I'm going skating with Eric. Would you and Timmy like to go? And all that started happening. And to make a long story short, because I gotta I got I gotta fill those blanks for you. Hey, hey, hey, hey! Next thing you know, the Lord's telling me, I thought, I said, Lord, this is quick. I kinda like her, but I'm ten years older than her. You know what Lord said? Does that matter? I thought to myself, if she's okay, I'm okay.
SPEAKER_02: I'm really okay.
SPEAKER_04: So to make a long story short, the ending of that story is God sent me a gorgeous redhead that loved God so much, so I married my babysitter. Woo! You ought to ask her what she thought the first time I kissed her. We'll do that later. You crazy preacher. I am in the deepest, most darkest hour. Are you ready for this? I love it. Are you ready for this? He came in the deepest, in the in the in the storm, which means number two, God works in the waves. He works in our storms. It's a revealing work. Under number two. It's a revealing work. Watch what he revealed. Man, this is so good. In verses 25 and 27, look at what he said, and it's powerful. And in the fourth watch of the night, Jesus went unto them walking on the sea. And when the disciples saw him walking on the sea, they were troubled, saying, Is it a spirit? Now, that's the King James, but what they said, Ah, it's a ghost.
SPEAKER_02: That really, that's what it means.
SPEAKER_04: If I'd have been the Lord, I'd have had myself a good time. I would have gone, I'd have scared the devil out of them. But he didn't. He kind of started to walk on by. But what I saw here is unreal. Then he said, Watch this. Unbelievable. And when the disciples saw him walking on the sea, they were troubled, they were scared, saying, It's a spirit, it's a ghost. But straightway Jesus, look at verse 27, speaks unto them, saying, Be of good cheer. It is I, be not afraid. Put a st by that. That is one of the most powerful theological statements that he could have made. He says, Be of a good cheer. In other words, he says, now watch this. Peace be unto you. Peace. Now watch. Here's what you I couldn't get grip, a grip on. He's saying, peace be unto you. Hey, in the midst of the storm, they're in a storm fighting for their life, and he's telling them to have peace. But there's a reason. Look at what he says next. He gave them the word of peace, and then he came to them with a word of power, because then he turned around and said, Here's why you can have peace. Listen to me, you're in a storm right now. You can have peace. I don't care where it is, I don't care how difficult it is, I don't care how disastrous it is, you can have peace. Because look what he said next. It is I. And if you go and look at that, hey, hey, we the peace of God that passes all understanding shall keep our hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Hey, be careful for nothing but in everything by prayer and supplications. Let your request be made known unto God. And the peace of God that passes all understanding shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Why?
SPEAKER_02: Because it is I. It's hill, it's the IL.
SPEAKER_04: Oh, I've been through so many major tragedies. It is I. Hey, watch this. It is an emphatic personal pronoun. Let me tell you what that means. Boy, when I saw this, I had a spell. What he is saying, Aunt, it's the same emphatic pronoun. I am the door. I am the way, the truth, and the life. That's what he is saying right here. I am the way, the truth, the life. I am the bread of life. I am the good shepherd. Don't Don't you get the picture here? Look at what he's saying. Jesus is telling his disciples to cheer up. God is here. Can we get an amen? Cheer up. God is here. Say that with me. Cheer up. God is here.
SPEAKER_02: So in your story, when he says, I'm here. You don't have to be afraid.
SPEAKER_04: I just took out a piece of paper and wrote this a few days ago. When Jesus shows up, the storm is gone. When Jesus shows up, the hungry are fed. When Jesus shows up, hey, the sick are healed. When Jesus shows up, the paralyzed wall. When Jesus shows up, the deaf here, the lame wall, the blind sea, and the dead are raised. When Jesus shows up. Thank you. Get a little louder, sister. Amen? They were so they weren't too excited yesterday afternoon, but after we got through.
SPEAKER_02: He said I couldn't get he just up and said, And then he said, Bring the book.
SPEAKER_04: I've been preaching on bring the book. Listen, listen, folks, do you understand? The city of Nain in Luke chapter seven, the widow lady was coming out with a she's bearing her young son. He died. She's a widow. I call it the the procession of death coming out, and Jesus is walking in with his disciples. I call it the procession of deity. And all of a sudden, Jesus, knowing everything, he's omniscient, knows everything. Jesus, you know what he did? He he stops the funeral procession. Puts his hand on the coffin, looks over to the young lad, and said, Sit up! I don't know about you. Have you ever been to a funeral where somebody would touch the coffin, tell them to sit up, and the guy sits up or the lady sits up? If you did, you would be leaving. He sits up, and here's what gets excited to me there. He not only did it sit up, I know you'll go read it, Luke 7. And then he sits up and he starts to talk.
SPEAKER_02: And I know what he said. He sits straight up and Jesus is up.
SPEAKER_04: When the I Am shows up. Amen. So God works in the waves. He gives them a message of peace, a message message of power, and then a message of potential. Be not afraid. Wow. Can I tell you what? When Jesus showed up, he gave me power after my wife died. Are you ready for this? A week later to preach my own wife's funeral in Sylvester, Georgia, at the grave site. Well, two things. First of all, we took her body to Banks' funeral home. Becky and I had prayed that one day God would allow us to go home to Worth County and share the gospel with all our friends. We got there. Ray Banks called me and said, Pastor Pastor Danny, can you come early? He said, We've got so many people coming. We're gonna open, instead of opening at seven, we're gonna open at four. They opened the doors of the funeral home at four o'clock in the afternoon on that Saturday. And by the way, on the way at the rest station, I stopped with the the uh hearst. We were in front of the hearst. I had to go to the bathroom. I walk in to turn around, and the gentleman said, Who's who's in the hearst? I said, My wife. He looked at me and said, Really? I said, Yeah, my wife. Twenty-eight years old. She died last week. A few days ago. He looked like a ghost. I never forget his name, James. I said, James, let me ask you. I'm hurting, but I'm also rejoicing. He said, How could you rejoice? I said, Because my wife loved Jesus Christ. And to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord. James, can I ask you, do you know Jesus? He said, No, sir. But I would like to. I led him to the Lord on the way to Worth County. That night, are you listening to me? That day, almost 2,000 people came to the funeral. We were there till 10:30 that night. Everybody that looked at Becky in that coffin.
SPEAKER_03: I looked at him and I said, She loved you. We love you. And I, hey, she's in heaven. I'm gonna get to see her again. Do you know Jesus?
SPEAKER_04: Because we want you to go to heaven with us so we can have a family reunion one day. Oh, and I couldn't just lead them to the Lord right there. Well, I did too. But I'd say, here, here's our personal track. Come to the funeral tomorrow. We had over a thousand in the funeral in the grave site. I preached my heart out the gospel, gave an invitation. We saw over 500 people come to know Christ at that gravesite service. Can we give Jesus a clap home friend?
SPEAKER_02: Why? Be of good cheer. It's me.
SPEAKER_03: It's Jesus.
SPEAKER_04: I'm with you. You know what? It's time to give an imitation. See me afterward if you want the rest of the outline. When God gets in something, you don't worry about an outline. Listen to me. You know why the disciples and what they learned? They learned that Jesus was the master of the sea. He's the great I am. Before anything was, he was. And ever, hey, and after everything will be, he still will be. Jesus, when he shows up, Jesus also showed up with me and Susan. You don't know this. After we'd been married and had our first child, she had two and a two or three miscarriages, then two miscarriages, and then got pregnant again with a little boy, went six months, and then we had a stillborn. And I was right there when that baby was alive. And then I watched the monitor go meh. And I turned to the doctor and I said, No, no, save him, save him. Can't we do something?
SPEAKER_03: He said, No.
SPEAKER_04: Sorry. Sorry, preacher. Watch that little boy be born. I held him. That's why you can't tell him I know abortion is murder. I saw that little baby. And by the way, I'm not being condemning because if you've had an abortion, hey, God will forgive that just like he forgives every sin and restore you. And trust me, I dealt with that. Susan dealt with that all the time at Liberty University with the teenage girls that had had abortion. And we watched a lot of them get victory over that. So don't you let Satan beat you up. You ask for forgiveness. You fess up. Forgive me, Lord. And he will, just like that. Amen. Jesus showed up. Because I had to leave that morning after my little boy had been born dead. I had a funeral. Remember our nursery worker? What was her name? Sue's sister. Anne. Thank you, Lord. Anne. She had our nursery in our church. She had come up to the altar and pray every Sunday for her husband to be saved. And his name, I think, was Randy. I'd go by at least once a month, Benji, and say something's wrong with my car. Nothing was wrong with my car. I wanted to talk to Randy about Jesus and how tell him that Ann loves you so much. She just wants you to come to church with her. Would you come to church with her? Guess what? After about six months, he showed up one Sunday. I went back the next Sunday. I said, Randy, did you enjoy it? He said, Preacher, I believe you believe what you preach. I said, I do. And I said, I want you to believe it. Next Sunday he came, walked aisle, got saved.
SPEAKER_02: When Jesus shows up.
SPEAKER_04: Here's the tragedy. Here's the storm. Two weeks later, he's underneath the car. The jack fails, crushes him and kills him. But he was saved. So after my little boy is born dead, I'm scheduled to do his funeral that afternoon. You say, How do you do that? When Jesus shows up. I am here. And I preached my heart out. There's about 200 people there. Loved him. And most of his friends were lost. We had 35 people get saved at that funeral.
unknown: Woo!
SPEAKER_04: And I shared what I'd just come through. I said, but Jesus is real. That's why I'm standing here. If it wasn't real, I wouldn't be here. There's peace in the storm. Now listen to me. Here's the invitation. There's a bunch of us right now going through some storms. A lot of my people that I've pastored here 10 years. You've not heard some of those stories. Well, that's my history. About storm after storm after storm. My mother died, my dad comes home, finds my mother dead on the floor. I do her funeral. Three of my uncles get saved. How can you do that? When Jesus shows up. It's the power of God. It's the I am. And listen to me. Some of y'all in some tough situations. I follow a lot of you. I pray for you. Cancers, all kinds of stuff's going on. Broken homes, all kinds of just Satan working. I want us to stand to our feet. Keep that's that's sweet, Ben. Ben, keep that, keep it going, right? That's perfect. And here's what I want you to do. I don't want you to think about it. I don't want you to even, I don't even want you to, hey, hey, because let me tell you what happened. When Jesus, Peter got out and he walked on the water, that's another message. But then when Jesus got in the boat, he didn't say a word. There was immediate calm. They knew it was Jesus, God, and they bowed and they worshiped him. Now here's what I want you to do. I really believe the power of the Holy Spirit's here this morning. Listen to me. You're in a storm right now. I want you right here. Come on, come on. Anyone going through a storm right now? Come on, come on, right here. Let's get right here. Come on. Hey, Jesus is passing by. Come on, come on, right now. Come on, come on. You may be here this morning. You don't know Jesus. You don't know Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. I want you to right where you are with your head bowed and your eyes closed, say, dear Jesus, I know that I'm a sinner. I can't save myself, but dear Jesus, I'm asking you right now to come into my heart and to save me. Hey, the storm of conversion. There's storm of conversions going on right now. Right now, right now. Hey, hey, you're in a storm because God's getting your attention. He wants you to come to him. Can I get an amen, church? He wants you to come to him just like those sailors. And then there's storms of perfection going on right now. Right now. God's got you in. I know in my life, I'm in a storm now, really, kinda. And I know I'm doing what God's wanting me to do. Okay? Come on, come on, come on. And then there's storms of correction. There's some of you Christians, you've been away from the Lord. Or you, hey, you hadn't been away, you've been kind of coming to church, but you're not doing what God's told you to do. Don't be like the disciples and make him put you in a storm to get your attention. Just now. Come, come on, come on, fess up right now, and just say, God forgive me for not doing, hey, being out of your will, not doing what you've asked me to do. I promise you, it's it's liberty, it's liberation. I will walk at liberty because I seek Him.
SPEAKER_00: We're excited you joined us for today's message. Our heart is to connect with others in our community, to grow with one another, and build a bigger kingdom. If you accepted Jesus today, we want to hear about it. Take a moment and text CCW Connect to 94,000. Thank you again for joining us on the CCW podcast. We hope you'll make plans to join us in person on Sundays.