SPEAKER_00: I want you to turn with me in your Bibles.
unknown: Mashed potatoes, tuna croquettes.
SPEAKER_00: What?
unknown: Lunch.
SPEAKER_00: Lunch. Amen. Well, can I preach first? Okay. He's ready to eat. We got we got tuna uh what do we got? Tuna croquettes and beef stravana. Ooh. You know, I don't even like tuna, but I do like tuna croquettes. Amen. We got any bread to put that in between so I can have a sandwich. Thank you. Mayonnaise ketchup. Okay. Revelations chapter 4. It's one of those days. Amen. I tell you, I love it. I love it. Man, that was good singing this morning. Revelations chapter 4. Somebody asked me, are we going to be in this book for two years? And I said, no. We're not. I promise. But everybody's been wanting Revelation. Let me tell you the book of Revelation. You just can't run through it. You really can't, because it's some significance. But I will promise you this. The next last section will be a lot quicker than the first section, the first two sections. Because a lot of this horrible tribulational things that are going to be taking place after today, you're going to just thank the Lord. We're not going to be here. But I will touch on them and I will, but I'm not going to dissect those things like I have done the churches. And then the end of it will dissect it because we see when God comes back with his millennial reign. We're going to be looking in detail, though, the Beam of Judgment seat, the white judgment, the white throne judgment, and then the millennial reign. Those is where we'll spend the times. Because it's been good. Hadn't you enjoyed it though? Has it not been enlightening? But today we're going to really look at one verse in chapter 4. Because it really is a transitional verse that really tells us really who we are, the church. We have come to the end of the church age here in the book. End of chapter 3, verse 22, was the end of the church age. And so we're looking now. In fact, the book of Romans is called what we call the. I am a little, Ben, can you bring me down just a little bit? The book of Romans is called the courtroom of the Bible, but the book of Revelation is called the throne room of the word. The word throne occurs, listen to this, 37 times in this book. Revelation opens with a throne and it ends with a throne. It's awesome. It really is. The throne here in chapter 4 is the throne of judgment and justice. And what I mean by that is the judgment at the beam of judgment seat, which we'll see soon for us Christians, for our works, not for our salvation, but for our works, and the justice. There, then we enter into chapter 6, where the justice for those that are lost and those that have just brought havoc on the church and hated the church and killed Christians, the havoc of the tribulation is justice for those who tried to destroy God's church. So we see what we have seen was the things which thou hast seen. Remember Revelation 1.19? That was verse 1. God took him up to the, hey, God showed John all that he was, who Jesus was, and heaven. And then we saw the things which are, we saw the church age, beginning from the apostles to the time we are raptured out, was chapters 2 and 3. And now we're beginning to enter into the section, the things which shall be hereafter. Now, let me just give you a little taste. Soon, when the church is raptured out, we'll be invaded by a white, red, black, and pale horse. Soon the earth will be quaking and heaven will be shaking. Soon hail, fire, and blood will fall from the sky and the mountains will move into the seas that will turn into blood. Soon men will be petrified by the falling of stars and disturbances of the sun, moon, and stars. But before all these things take place, you look at that, when you start looking at that, and that's some things we'll touch on. When you see that, listen to me. It's going to be horrible. People will be crying out to die. But I got good news. Look at chapter 4, verse 1. The church is not going to be here. After this, John said, I looked, and behold, a door was opened in heaven. And the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me, which said, Come up hither, and I will show thee things which must be here after. Now, before I get started, and I'm excited about this message. Oh, the rapture is one of my favorite topics. Anyone that needs a worship guide, I don't want you to miss any of that. Anybody needs a worship guide, raise your hand because we are about to get involved in this unbelievable proof. And let me just show you something. John, right here, is called, I believe, Up to Heaven. And I believe it is a symbolic picture of the rapture that's going to take place for the church. He's given us a literal example of what's going to happen. John is literally by himself, one person taken up to heaven. And I really do believe that's a symbolic picture of the rapture. In fact, when God calls his church, when he returns for us, Paul tells us in 1 Thessalonians 4.17, and I think I have that verse up there, that we shall be caught up. Now watch, caught up in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. Now the word caught up there comes from the Greek word harpazo. Harpazo. And it literally, literally means to seize or to snatch up as a robber would seize something and run and leave. That's what it means. To snatch away, to snatch up. And a lot of people say, well, the word rapture is not even in the Bible. I'm going to deal with that. But hey, it doesn't have to be. Because, hey, the word grandfathers is not in the Bible. How many grandfathers do we have here today? Okay? Okay. I mean, hello, did you not get that? But what I do know is in the Bible is a word right here, harpazo, which means to be caught up, which means to be snatched away. And I'm going to be dealing with that word. The Latin word is raptus, R-A-P-T-U-S, raptus, which means to seize by force. So we see that I really believe this is a picture. John is a symbol picture of the rapture of the church that's going to happen and does happen right after the church age. Now, let me give you, there's several reasons why I believe verse 1 is a reference again to the rapture of the church. Number one, the location in the book is right. Now, what I mean by that, what's this? Chapters 2 and 3 of Revelation, we find the church is addressed. In chapters 4 and 5, we see a vision of heaven. And we're going to talk about heaven next week. A vision of heaven. But chapter 6, the beginning of the tribulation period, we are told that we will be kept from the hour of what? Hour of temptation in Revelations. Last week we looked at it, Revelations 3.10, meaning that the church will not go through the tribulation period. That's, I mean, just the location and the sequence of the book. Now, the second reason, I believe, the absence, is the absence of any mention of the church. Now, watch this. After chapter 3 is an indication that it is not on the earth during the tribulation period. Again, there are 16, listen, 16 references to the church in the first three chapters. 16 references. To the church in the first three chapters. In chapter 6 through 18, there's no mention of the church at all. Not one mention. Why? Because I believe it's been raptured out, no doubt in my mind. There's a third reason that I hold to, that I believe. The extensive use, now listen to this, this is good, of Old Testament language and symbols in chapters 4 through 18 indicate that God is dealing with the nation Israel and not his church. In fact, these symbols, well, in fact, in the Old Testament, in Daniel, the tribulation is the time of what they call in the Old Testament Jacob's trouble. Remember that. You probably have heard that. Jacob's trouble. The 70th week of Daniel's vision. Symbols included, now listen to this, all through these next six from chapter 6 to 18, deal with the tabernacle, the ark of the covenant, altar, elders, censors, cherubims, seals, trumpets, and plagues. All which relate back to the nation Israel. So the language itself and the symbols and the signs that we're going to look at do not relate at all to the church age, none whatsoever. And then the fourth reason that I believe is the similarity of the events in Revelation chapter 4, verse 1 and 2, and listen to it as I read. After this I looked, and behold, the door was opened in heaven. And the first voice which I heard was, hey, as a trumpet talking with me, which said, Come up hither, and I will show three things which must be hereafter. And immediately I was in the spirit, and behold, a throne was set in heaven, and one sat on the throne. Now when you go over, and we will, the 1 Thessalonians 4, 13 through 18, where it's Paul's talking about the rapture, it's the same indication of a snatching away of what? The Christian in the rapture. It's it. So those are four powerful reasons that I know that chapter 4 in the book of Revelations 1 and 2 is a picture of the rapture of the church. So with that said, I've titled this message. We're going to be moving on up. And what I want you to understand is that Revelation 4, 1 is a very special verse. For example, I thought about that. Have you ever, guys, have you ever buttoned a shirt? Well, ladies, too, button your shirt. You know, I start at the top. Maybe you're supposed to start at the bottom. That you probably wouldn't have the problem I'm about to say. But have you ever missed the top button? And you get to the bottom and it's out of whack. And you say, I got to do it again. I'm going to have to re-but unbutton my shirt and button it again. Well, that's kind of like this verse. If we miss this verse, you're going to miss the rest of the book of Revelation. As far as the church is concerned. So we got to get it right. And we are going to get it right. And so right here, I want us to look at the facts. The facts. The first thing in your outline this morning we want to look at is the importance of this verse. And it's two things. First of all, it is a transitional verse. Look at it. Notice that the verse begins with the phrase. Now watch this. After this. And it ends with the word hereafter. Important you understand that. In the Greek text, these words are exactly the same. Both of these English expressions are translated from the Greek word, which is mita tuta. You can say that. That's an easy one. Mita tuta. Say that with me. Mita tuta. That's the same two words are right here. And now this is not the first time, though, if you remember that we saw this verse, or this word, excuse me. I didn't bring it to attention then. But in Revelation 1.19, which is the whole outline of the whole book of Revelations, things now, hey, things now, things to come, and then things hereafter. I mean, and remember the word hereafter at the end of verse 19? Guess what it is? Mita tuta. So that word is a tremendous transitional word, and it shows up right here. These things which thou hast seen, and the things which are, and the things which shall be hereafter in verse 19, Mita tuta, that ties everything together. Now watch. When he says these things which are, pointed to what? Chapters 2 and 3. But then in verse 22 in Revelation 3, he says, He that hath an ear to hear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches. Now, here we go. This is good. So we've got chapters four and five are the transitional period for the church. The church age has come to end at verse 22 in chapter 3. Now, what God is telling John, who's telling and writing to us, now the church is taken out. Because he's promised us in verse 10 and chapter 3 that we would not suffer through that horrible temptation, that tribulation. So now the church is taken out. We're going to heaven. And the next Sunday we'll see about that and look at the heaven. We'll be looking at the beam of judgment seat. It's going to be awesome. But then he says, but now you've got to see what happens next. Chapter 6 through 19, the horrible tribulation is going to take place. But the exciting thing to know, church, is we're not here. We're not here. This verse tells us about that. That we're going to be moving on up. But not only is it a transitional verse, watch this. It's a typical verse. Now, John is one man here. But he's a representative of all of us that are Christians. He really is. He's called the representative man. And what I see here, and what I, when I was putting this together, I don't want to give away the rest of the message, but the event that's called the rapture is very important because let me show you some things that are going to take place. First of all, for this transition, when it takes place, three or four very important things happen. Number one, the first thing's going to happen, and here it is, 1 Thessalonians 4, 16 through 18, the church is going to be taken out. For the Lord Himself shall descend from heaven with a shout. Now, I'm going to teach you something about that word shout this morning. When the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God, there's two things that really take place that we're going to look at. The shout and the trumpet. He says, and the trump of God, and those who are alive and remain should be caught up together with him in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. So shall we ever be with the Lord. And I lost the verse. I don't know what happened. Be with the Lord. And therefore, I knew it, but I've got to memorize, but I want to make sure y'all can see it. Therefore, he says, What? Say it with me. Say it again. Therefore, what? Now, ladies and gentlemen, if you and I are going through that horrible hell on earth called the tribulation, that's no comfort. None whatsoever. Not one bit of comfort. Now, the rapture also is called in Titus 2, 13, it's called the blessed hope. Listen to what he says, looking for that blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ. So say it with me. The blessed hope. The rapture is the blessed hope. That's our blessed hope. It's going to take us out of here before that horrible, horrible tribulation. So the bride of Christ is taken out. It's our blessed hope. But there's a second thing. You know what's holding back? You think, hey, a lot of people think we're living in hell now on earth. Oh, you hadn't seen anything yet, folks. And the reason we we're not living in that horrible time now is because the Holy Spirit is holding back the wrath of God. That's why. Look at this verse. I think it's on there too. 2 Thessalonians 2, 7. Let me show you why you hadn't experienced, you hadn't experienced anything like going to be during the tribulation. And here's why. For the mystery of lawlessness, that, and I could even tell you all the tribulation that I just shared, a few things that's going to happen a while ago, is already at work. Yes, ungodliness is at work, but not the tribulation yet. Only he who now restrains will do so until he is what? Taken out of the way. The reason we're not seeing that horrible tribulation is because the church is still here. The church is God's restraint on evil. Can I get an amen? And that's why we're to be living godly. That's why we're to be honest and holy, so that we can show who we really are, ambassadors of Christ. But one day the Holy Spirit's going to be taken out of here. The bride's taken away, the Holy Spirit's taken away. And then Jesus said, when that takes place, this sinful, rebellious world will be plunged into a great tribulation. Matthew 24, verse 21. So this verse stands right here as a type. That is Revelation is 4.1, or as a picture of what will happen when Jesus returns for his children. So are you ready? Listen to what he says in Matthew 24, 44. Therefore be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect. That's why he didn't come. Was it last Saturday he's coming? 23rd? I had so many people. Oh, blah, blah, blah. I just said, guys, I don't even want to debate this. Why? But I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know. You don't know the hour. And they kept saying, I said, listen, listen. I can promise you, he's not coming the 23rd. He may come the day before, the day after, but he's not coming then because you know it. Hello. I mean, I I do have a doctorate's degree, but I don't need that to figure that out. Amen. That's just simple math. He's not coming. No. So, not only is it a transitional verse, it's a transitional verse saying that, bow, before the tribulation, the wrath of God comes on sin and judgment of sin and ungodliness and lawlessness, the church is gone. The Holy Spirit's gone. Let me tell you, that's why you don't want to go through the tribulation. There's not one mention of the Holy Spirit from chapter six up. I'm at four at the end of three up. Not one. So, that brings them into my second point. The illustrations of this verse. Boy, they got some great illustrations. The book of Revelation is filled with signs, symbols, and illustrations. You remember verse one, the verse one in Revelation itself, we are told that He sent, Jesus sent, and signified it. I like that word signified. You know I love word studies. The word signify literally means, if you sound it out, it becomes sign I fied. Sign I fied. In other words, the Lord tells John that He's going to reveal some of the content of this book. And what? Signs and symbols. That's what he says. And if you've read the book of Revelation, you know how true this is. Jesus, watch this, is pictured as what? The Lamb? The Lamb of God. The redeemed saints are pictured as what? The 24 elders. The New Jerusalem is pictured as what? The bride. The Antichrist is called what? The beast. There are many other examples that could be given, but these are some of the keys that we all know. He merely uses this, hey, uses the language of symbolism to describe actual vents for every generation. And it's powerful. It's powerful. And so there are two symbols of illustration that he uses here that are very applicable to us. Two of them. A, it involves the eyes. Look at what verse 1 says. John says that he saw, look, he said, I looked, and behold, a door opened in heaven. Now, this phrase literally means that there was a door standing open. And in the Greek text, you basically, let me teach you just a little Greek lesson. It's simple. There's two major tenses in Greek language. The present tense or the eris tense. Those two. Eris tense means a completed action. It's done once and for all. Present tense means it continues. It continues. And here's in the present tense. In other words, not only was the door open, but it was continually staying open. In other words, heaven door is open right now for people to be saved and come in. Can I get an amen? And it's going to be open until Jesus, hey, comes and takes his church out. But once he takes it out, folks, it's closed. And the only people going to be saved then are those that have never heard the gospel. And that'll take place in tribulation. But the problem with that, most of everyone that gets saved, most of them will be Jews, but many nations, otherwise, will get saved, children that have been raised up that hadn't had the opportunity to hear the gospel. But the problem with that, most of them will be martyred, or all of them will be killed. Now tell me that's comfort. No, church, it's not here. So we see right here. Unbelievable. This is the third door now we've encountered in Revelation thus far. Remember the door service we looked at last week? Revelation 3:8. Behold, I have set before thee an open door, and man can't shut it. I don't know how many three or four people emailed me after that message last week and said, How there's some doors that have been opened for them for me to pray for this vision, and they shared it with me. And I'm praying for them. They believe God's opening the door. And let me say something, folks. If God opens the door, it's to open a it's opening a door for ministry and service. Bless God. Hey, run through it. Right here. I didn't even say this, but uh, I'm thinking of it right now. Uh, Denson was looking for a job. God opened that. We've been praying, and God opened the door this past weekend for him to run through it. Jesse, been praying for Jesse. He got a job this week. Don't tell me my God doesn't work. Give him a hand this morning. A door of opportunity. Somebody said, Well, you know, so-and-so gave me, gave me, uh, they said that I could go to work for him, but you know, I just really don't know what I ought to do. You're looking for a job and somebody wants to hire you, and you don't know what to do. You got a problem. Hello, go to work. Yeah, but I'm waiting for a better work. Let me tell you, if I'm gonna hire somebody, I'd lots rather hire somebody that's already working than somebody sitting around doing nothing. Hello! My granddaddy said, Don't you ever quit a job till you have a better one? Hello! Well, the God provide, no, that's just ignorance. That's you. Hello! You just quit a job and you got a job and God's gonna provide. God didn't tell you to quit a job. God never tells you to quit something that you, hey, he, if he's opened the door, let me tell you something too. Let me tell you something else. This is I'm running a rabbit right now. But listen, listen, listen to me. Listen. God didn't call you to do something else till you completed what he's called you to do. Hey, hey, that's good preaching, preacher. Finish it. Then God opened it. Let me tell you, there's never been a time I've moved three times. My beautiful wife and I have moved. My beautiful wife and I have moved three major times in ministry. And God had already opened the door to the other ministry before I left the ministry I was doing. But I knew it was completed. I had peace, it was done. Everything God had told me to do, I write my vision down, had been completed, and she'll tell you when I get, hey, when I get bored, you don't want to be around me. Amen. I promise. Oh, there's a lot to do here. I was thinking about it the other day, and I ain't got tired thinking about it. But you gotta do something. You gotta move, folks. Notice the second door we looked at, the door of salvation at the end of verse chapter 3. Behold, Jesus stands at the door and knocked. If any man hear my voice and open the door, I will come into him. He was telling the lay to see in the apostate church. They're lost, and he says, I'm here. I'm trying to get in. Open the door and let me in. You may be here this morning watching online, and boy, we got a lot of people watching us online. Hey, and you've never opened the door of salvation to your heart. Now's the day, behold, now's the time, behold, now's the day of salvation. 2 Corinthians 6, 2. Boast not thyself of tomorrow, for thou knowest not what a day may bring forth. Proverbs 27:1. So we see this unbelievable doors. And then we see this one, look, standing open. We know, hey, hey, hey, look. We know. Now we know who the door is, don't we? John, John 10, 9. Do I have that verse? Woo! Read it with me, church. Jesus said, I am what? If any man enters by me, he will be saved and will go in and out. And what? Woo-hoo! Fine pastor. Oh, that's it. And this is the door. This is the door. He's the only way to heaven. People do not go through the door of the church. People do not go through, hey, their good name, their good works. Hey, they don't go through their name on a roll. They don't go through baptism. They go through a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. He's the way, the truth, and the life. No man cometh unto the Father except by me. John 14, 6. You with me, church? He's the door. And he's there knocking if you're lost. Wide open. And it will allow whosoever will to enter in and find peace and rest and salvation in heaven. But when his Lord calls the people, it's over. When he calls the church up, it's over. The door will be closed. Hey, are you ready? Remember the ten virgins? Hey, in Matthew 25, 1 through 13. Five failed to prepare and be, hey, and by the time they were ready, the door was shut. Only five of the ten made it. They procrastinated. Lord help us. But now watch right here. We got the door of service and door salvation we've seen, but right here, the third door is the door of summons. The open door has become a door of summons. Those who are saved will one day be caught up to go through the open door into heaven. It's a door of summons. They're calling us home.
unknown: Come on.
SPEAKER_00: And then I thought, boy, God gave me this the other morning. Yes. But there's another door one day, the door of splendor. Revelations 19, 11. Do I have that? Denson? Oh, and behold, oh, and now I saw heaven open. Oh, I saw heaven open, and behold, a white horse. And he who sat upon that white horse, whose name was faithful and true, who will bring judgment to the earth. One day, ladies and gentlemen, the door, hey, after it closes after the church is in heaven, it's gonna open again. And hey, we're coming with him on our horses. I don't know what color your horse will be. I don't care as long as I'm on one. Amen. But we're coming. And we're coming with him. It's gonna open and we're coming back for the millennial. Well, actually, we're coming back to watch Satan do. Hey, and just end this whole tribulation thing. I meant the battle arm again. Bam! It's gonna be done. And then we're gonna set up a kingdom and a rule where the lambs will lay down with the lions for a thousand-year reign. So there's gonna be a door of splendor, too. It's coming. So it involves our eyes. We're gonna see all this. You hear me? We're gonna see all this. We're gonna see it. But also the second thing, it involves our ears. Not only did John see a door, but now what? John heard a trumpet. Now, this is the language of symbolism. Notice what he said. The first voice which I heard was as it were. Now I didn't say it was a trumpet, as if it were of a trumpet, talking with me. Now, do we what he heard? Was it an actual trumpet? We don't know. But we do know it was loud. We do know it was a noise like a trumpet, piercing, loud, and demanding attention. Now I thought about that. So you know me. Word study, time. Trumpets. Were very important in the life of ancient Israel. Numbers 10, verses 1 through 10 gives God's instructions for the use of trumpets in Israel. They were to make two trumpets of silver. Listen to this. They were different types of trumpets, blast, for various events. The trumpets were to be blown when it was time to break camp and to move. The trumpets blew to announce sacrifices and feast days. Trumpets blew to summon the priest to the tabernacle. Trumpets were used to sound an alarm in time of war or danger. It was very important that people listened to the various trumpet blasts and that the trumpeters made the right sounds. Hey, you couldn't just decide you're going to be a trumpeter. You had to know what you're doing or you'd have people getting killed. Amen. Did I put in, Denson, did I give them 1 Corinthians 14, 8? Is that verse there? It talks about the importance. Y'all got it here. Look, look. For if the trumpet makes an uncertain sound, who, hey, who will prepare for battle? In other words, if he calls, if they did a trumpet sound to go to the feast, but yet the enemy's coming through the gates, you're in trouble. So they had to know the right sounds to blow. Guess what? If they had to know the right sounds to blow, you and I have to know the right sounds to hear. He, woo! This is good. He that has an ear, let him hear. You get it? You see how it fits? Jesus said. He that has an ear, let him hear. I think when you and I get saved, I think we get some kind of Superman power of hearing. I think there's special sounds that we hear. I really do. We hear the sound of the power of the Holy Spirit saying, uh-uh. Don't do that. We have a special sound of the Holy Spirit saying, yes, do that. That's right. You have that Holy Spirit who it, hey, tunes in, should I say, what's the word I'm looking for? Who allows the sensitivity of the hearing for what God wants you to hear. Now, I thought about that. Hearing problems. Hearing, we have hearing problems. Then I thought about 1 Thessalonians 4.16 when I'm dealing with this word. This verse shows us that there will be a trumpet that will sound signaling the rapture. 1 Thessalonians 4.16. Read it with me, church. For the Lord himself, come on, we'll. Somebody said that's the only time it pays to be dead. But now watch. Two of you got it. But hey, hey. The shout. The shout and trumpet. Did you see those two words? All right, now look at 1 Corinthians 15, 52. Read it, church. In a moment. Woo! That's a pretty important trumpet. It's a pretty important shout. Amen. Now, I got to thinking about this because I think crazy. And I thought to myself, now, there's some two sounds here. There's a trumpet and a shout. When that trumpet sounds, it will be time to break camp. Ha ha. And move on. Hey, move on up to glory. Move on up. Moving on up. When that trumpet sounds, it will be a signal, also, a declaration of war on sin and this evil world system. One of these days that trumpet blast will sound and the saints will leave this world behind forever. Hallelujah. John says, now watch. That this trumpet was a voice. Notice in that verse. A voice. Now you know I got thinking about that. I wonder, with him saying that, if this is not the voice of the Lord calling for his people in 1 Thessalonians 4.16. I think it is. We're not told that the Lord, hey, hey, we are told that the Lord Himself shall descend from heaven, what? With a shout. When Jesus comes, the trumpet will call the living up. Now, you ready? When Jesus comes, the trumpet will sound and call the living up. But now let me tell you what I saw and I had a spell. Listen. Oh, this is so good. But now, but his shout, you know what a shout does? The trumpet calls the living up, but the shout calls the dead up. Oh yeah. Oh, listen, listen to what I found. Hey, remember? John, do I have John 11, 43? You remember the context here? You remember the setting here? You gotta know John 11, it's where Jesus shows up after Lazarus has been dead four days. Somebody said, why'd he wait four days? Because there'd be no doubt he's dead because he was stinking. He's stinking. That way they couldn't come in with all their swoon theories and all these other theories they tried to use. He's dead. He stinks. Now, when he had said these things, oh don't you love that? Hey, he's coming. In fact, the disciples said, Hey, your best friend Lazarus is sick. We need to go. We need to go and you need to take care of him. He said, No, we're not going yet. Isn't it amazing how we always try to tell the Lord what he ought to do? Hello, you okay out there? He said, No, we're not going yet. Just be patient. Yeah, but he's sick. Be patient. Yeah, but he's dying. Be patient. Yeah, but he's dead. Be patient. He's dead. And all of a sudden, after whatever they were praying, or he whatever, then he said, Now let's go. Now he's coming into the table. And the ladies, Mary and Martha, get word Jesus is coming. He's here. Martha jumps up and runs out and meets Jesus and says, Jesus, Jesus is here.
SPEAKER_02: Don't he be here. My brother wouldn't die.
SPEAKER_00: There again. There again, somebody's trying to tell Jesus what to do. The disciples trying to tell him what to do. Martha's trying to tell him if he'd have been here, what to do. But then Mary shows up. And she falls to her knees crying. That's the bad knee. If you'd have been here. Only you'd have been here. Oh different different attitude. And the Bible says that he went with her. He felt the hurt. He felt the strongness. And then he says, Take me to him. Take me to him. I put the verse up there. And when they got to the tomb, John 11, 43, notice what he says. Now when he had said these things, he cried with a loud voice, Lazarus come forth. And here comes Lazarus, the dead, the one stinking. Can you see him now? Here he comes. Now you're laughing at me like I'm crazy. Well, how would you walk if you were wrapped all up? Huh? Read your Bible. You know, my pre hey, it'd help my preaching if you read your Bible. Amen. Because what does he say? Let him loose. Loose him and let him go. He cried. Hey, it doesn't stop there. Look at Matthew 27, verses 50 through 58. And Jesus cried out again with a loud voice and yielded up his spirit. Then behold, the veil of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom in the earthquake and the rocks were split. Now you don't you miss this next verse. Look at verse 53. Well, verse 52. And the graves were opened and many bodies of the saints who had fallen asleep were raised. That means a lot of the saints in the graveyard that were dead got out of the graveyards and walked down into town. Now, I don't know about you, that would have gotten CBS, ABC, MBC, everybody's attention. Hello? I can't wait to get to heaven. I want to talk to people that were there when that happened. That'd be like this the closest graveyard. All of a sudden we're sitting here and we look up and they start walking here. And I'm not talking about the Walking Dead movie, Carol. Carolyn. Maybe that's where you get that from, huh? Amen. I don't know. You know what you're already thinking? I wouldn't have what they're gonna look. I don't care what they look like. It'd scare me anyway. Amen. They could be pretty and it'd scare me. Because they were dead. Amen? Tell me God doesn't know how to get your attention when it needs to be gotten. You know what he was showing them? I'm God. You just crucified God. And I'm not dead. Hey, it's pretty bad when they think somebody's dead and he brings the dead up and walks them down the streets. So he will shout at the rapture, and all the redeemed will hear his voice and come out of their graves. That brings me. Now somebody said, what do you think is gonna? Is it gonna be come up hither? I don't know. Come forth. I don't know. Come home. I don't know. But whatever it is, bless God, we're going. We'll know it. Hey, I'm ready. I'm listening. Amen. You know what I asked the Lord working on this map? Lord, it would just be awesome. If you could rapture us out while I'm preaching one Sunday morning. Just to give us a ride together of our life. Can you imagine me fixing to get a point? Hey, come up here. We're gone. I wonder if we'll be able to, I don't know what it's gonna be like. We'll be able to talk as we're going up. I doubt it. We'll probably be holding our breath. We're gone. Twinkle and poof. And then you know the exciting thing? Carrie, you ought to get excited about that part right there, okay? But hey, you know the exciting thing is? And we're there. We're there. Forever. Everybody stand up. Come here, honey. Come up here, Susan. I can't do it. We're gonna do something. We're gonna have rapture practice. Come here. Y'all gonna leave this church and say, we got the craziest preacher you've ever heard of. We're gonna do the rapture practice. All right, come on, come on. I I now I can't jump because my knee's hurting. But but all right, now honey, now we gotta do it. Gotta do it good. You're on count of three. You gotta you gotta go up.
unknown: You're gonna help. You're gonna jump.
SPEAKER_00: I'm gonna jump. Ready? One, two, three. Woo! Wait, wait, wait. Some of you didn't jump. Hey, you're gonna be left behind. Amen. All right, one more time. Now everybody jump. Dude, like me, I can't jump, but I'm doing my toes, okay? One, two, three. Woo! Give God a hand. Amen. Oh, I love it. I love it. That's why the young people think I'm crazy. And no, no, they're they're saying Pastor Danny lost it. Last point. The implications of this verse. Two things. One, it speaks of deliverance. John is told that he is going to see. Now, watch. The things which must be hereafter. He is referring to the future things. It won't be long. We'd be in Revelation chapter 6 and beyond. And when we get there, we're going to encounter details of events too horrible and amazing to comprehend. Chapter, when we, hey, when we come to chapter 6, we're going to witness a vivid description of the events of the tribulation period. And I think it is significant that John is caught up into heaven before the tribulation period begins. John is a representative man and he pictures the church and it is removed from the world before the horrors of the tribulation period begin to unfold. Now, that's what it means to be caught up. Harpa Harpazo. Caught up. Literally means to seize, to carry off by force. Let me tell you the best example. I can't even remember what was it a commercial. I don't think it was a commercial or something. But this little this uh mom was standing on the corner and the light changed and and it was green, but the little girl didn't know, and she was steps out in front of the car that's coming. And the mother reaches and just grabs her and goes, the car just missed her. That's as great an example as I can give of what's gonna take place by the word rapture. That's what it means. To seize by force. And we're gone. Make sense? So that is what we see. Yes, there is a lot of things that's gonna happen, but let me let me share with you. Let me share a few reasons why I believe. Now I showed you some biblical secrets with the scriptures, but I believe the church will be rescued before the tribulation period begins. Here's why I believe that so deeply. First, our salvation has delivered us from the wrath, hey, from the wrath of God. Now we're gonna look at these verses. 1 Thessalonians 1.10. Denson, 1 Thessalonians 1.10, which says, there we go, and to wait for his son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, even Jesus who delivers us, say it with me, church. What? Alright, 1 Thessalonians 5, 9. For God did not appoint us to wrath, but to obtain salvation through our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. We are not going through the tribulation period. We are looking for the blessed hope, not the horrors of tribulation. Titus 1, 2. We're not looking for, hey, we're not looking for the Antichrist, we're looking for Jesus Christ. Amen. And then the biblical types, let me tell you what God showed me. The biblical types suggest that we'll be taken out before the rapture. Remember Enoch? Remember Noah? They both were removed before the flood. Or Noah was put in an ark. But Enoch was literally removed, taken out. What about Lot? Lot was removed from Sodom before it was destroyed. Genesis 19, 22. There is a clear pattern. God removes his people before he manifest his wrath. It's definitely seen throughout the scriptures. Now, are you ready for the most unbelievable? When I saw this, I really did have a spell. Watch this. One other proof, and I think this is the one that is the profound proof. Revelations chapter 2, verse 7, Revelations chapter 2, verse 11, Revelations chapter 2, verse 17, verse 29, chapter 3, verse 6, 13, and chapter 3, verse 22. Now watch this. Now don't miss this because this is gonna solidify it for you. In these verses, Jesus uses these words. He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches. Do you hear that? What the Spirit saith unto the churches. Now, when we go to Matthew, Denson, verse, Matthew chapter 13, verse 9 and verse 43. Jesus says, He who has ears to hear, let him hear. He who has ears to hear, let him hear. Now, I thought about that. Here Jesus says, Who hath ears to hear, let him hear. No mention of the Spirit or the churches. Of course, now, I know you're gonna go do your homework. You need to. This was before the church was formed and before the spirit was given. I understand that's the context. Now look at Revelation chapter 13, verse 9. He who hath ears to hear, let him hear. This verse says, if any man have an ear, let him hear. Do you see the difference? Jesus does not mention either the Spirit or the churches. Why? Because they both were removed at the rapture. Praise God, we'll not be here in the tribulations. Let me tell you why. Have you ever thought about this? Anytime we're about to go to war, what does our country do? What's the first thing our country does when we know there's about to be war with another country? What do we do? We remove our ambassadors. Is that not right? 2 Corinthians 5.20, put it up there. Woo! Hey, if I run, will you run with me? 2 Corinthians 5.20. Put it up there, Denson. 2 Corinthians 5.20, what does it say that we are? We are ambassadors of Christ. So before the Lord comes, he's gonna bring his ambassadors. Hey, you on Christ's behalf be reconciled to God. That's that's send us through the power of the Holy Spirit. But before the war begins, we're gone. The Holy Spirit's gone. We're in heaven. That's not get you excited. That's more exciting than Auburn and Alabama football. Amen, Brand. Amen. Wow. That's good. Hey, I'll go with you next time. Just give me a little earlier time. I want to go. Hey, that quarterback's looking good. But now watch. This is awesome. Some years ago, listen this when Billy Graham was preaching at the University of Hawaiian, he was talking about the second coming of the Lord, and one of the students said to him, listen what he said. Mr. Graham, doesn't this matter of the second coming of the church seem like escapism to you? Billy Graham thought for a minute, then he said, Well, perhaps it does. But young man, before Satan gets through with this old world, we're all going to be looking for an exit sign. And I agree with that. One of these days. We'll be glad for the fact. The fact that Jesus has taken us out of here before things get real bad. As bad as it is today, we haven't seen anything yet, folks. And I close with the last thing. It speaks of a destination. Woo! So shall we ever be with the Lord. Folks, when we pass from this world through the open doors into heaven, we're going home. Look at John 14. Oh, I love this. John 14, verses 1 through 3. Let not your heart be troubled. Hey, you believed in God? Believe also in me. In my father's house are many mansions. If it were not so, I would have told you, I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I, oh, I will. What? I will, what? I will come again and receive you unto myself that where I may am ye may be also. Now watch this. Revelation 21, 4, and God will wipe away every tear from their eyes. There shall be no more death, no more sorrow, no more crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things are passed away. Revelation 21, verse 8. But the cowardly and unbelieving and abominable and murderers and sexually immoral, sorcerers, adulterers, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone. Oh, hey, which is the second death. But hey, Revelation 21, 27, but there shall by no means, hey, but there shall by no means enter, hey, enter it. Anything that defiles or causes an abomination or a lie, but only those who are written in the Lamb's book of life. Hey, but there shall be no means enter in except they shall see his face. And his name shall be on their foreheads. Revelation 22, 4.
SPEAKER_02: Wow.
SPEAKER_00: Where's Nida? Come on up here. Hey, that's we got it. We got it all planned out. You know what? Jim Hill got it right when he put his pen to this paper and wrote these words. What a day that will be. There's coming a day when no heartaches will come, no more clouds in the sky, no more tears to dim the eye. All is peace forevermore on that happy golden shore. What a day, glorious day that will be. What a day that will be when my Jesus I shall see, and I look upon his face, the one who saved me by his grace, when he takes me by the hand and leads me through the promised land. What a day, glorious day that will be. No more sickness, no pain, no more parting over there. And forever I will be with the one who died for me. What a day, glorious day that will be. The question I have for us today. Where are you in this verse? John was called up to heaven. One day every saved child will be called up to heaven. But if you're here today and you're not saved, I'm not talking about you say, Well, I'm saved. I've joined the church, I've been baptized, I go to church. I tell, no, no, that's not it. That's not it. All those things are good, but you gotta get it in the right order. You gotta have an intimate relationship with Jesus Christ. Have you opened the door? Have you really opened the door? Oh, yeah. No, no, was there a change in your life? Was there a change? Folks, listen to me. He could come today. All the rumors of wars and everything. Listen, the next agenda, prophetically speaking, the next prophetic act is the rapture of the church. We are at the end of the church age. I believe that with all my heart. We're there. I wasn't joking when we did the rapture practice. We're going, folks. Amen. We're going. I don't want anybody to die. You read the verses with me and go to hell. I don't want anybody to die and go to hell. I don't want you to go to hell this morning. Please. If you're here this morning, watching online, please, right now, right where you are, with every head bowed and every eye closed.