Mommying While Muslim
All the Ways We Come Out
September 30, 2021
Zaiba Hasan & Uzma Jafri
Fawzia Mirza AKA Ayesha Trump, storyteller, actor, and director, (oh, yeah, AND lawyer) joins us to talk about all the transformations we make as humans in order to learn our personal identity. It's not just queer Muslims who have to come out--we all have to decide at some point who and what we are going to be. The path is unique, just like us. We all get to decide what we do about people who think we aren't "Muslim enough."
Dare to unwrap the magic of us.
Tune in at 6pm EST on Apple podcasts, Stitcher, Spotify, Google Play or click the link in bio.
- Learn more about Fawzia: https://www.fawziamirza.com/
- Fawzia on IG: @thefawz
- Post Pulse shooting article on queer Muslims: https://www.wbez.org/stories/from-tragedy-some-hope-muslim-lgbtq-look-to-dispel-taboos/9a15cf82-3aae-47eb-afeb-467fdec9fd5f
- Masjid Al Rabia: https://masjidalrabia.org/
- Texas’ criminalization of abortions and its effects: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1279961
- Catch our old episode “Hasan vs. Jafri”: https://www.buzzsprout.com/271577/6098098
- Web: www.mommyingwhilemuslim.com
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- FB: Mommying While Muslim page and Mommyingwhilemuslim group
- IG: @mommyingwhilemuslimpodcast
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrrdKxpBdBO4ZLwB1kTmz1w
Support the show