My guest today is a friend of over a decade who lets his actions speak louder than his words. It gives me great pride to introduce a fellow Dickinson Red Devil varsity athlete, a leading Dana-Farber Cancer Institute and Heading Home Inc philanthropist, and a second-generation Boston Marathoner chasing two very significant numbers, Mr Scott Carpenter!
Notes & Highlights
· 0:05:16 – “I want to be out of thank you notes when this whole thing is done”
· 0:08:06 – Surround yourself with courage
· 0:17:05 – Like Olympic Gold Medalist, Joan Benoit Samuelson, told Scott, “run the way your body feels”
· 0:24:33 – Community Outreach – Listener Call
· 0:32:39 – Dana Farber Cancer Institute - 500 strong and nearly $100 million of fundraising – Please support Scott and his team! Race day is April 15th and donations will be accepted until April 22nd.
· 0:44:15 – The spirit of the Boston Marathon
· 0:50:27 – Heading Home - Up n’ Out Moves
· 0:58:20 – Takes & Fakes Trivia Game