I was humbled to speak with a former a Founding Executive Director of Justin Verlander’s Wins for Warriors Foundation, FIFA Women’s World Cup DC host teammate, founder of the Rounding Third initiative, Director of the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Sports Award and Founder of the Sports Impact Leadership Certificate, Mrs Alisha Greenberg!
Notes & Highlights
· 0:02:50 How diehard is diehard? Naming your son Camden shows Alisha’s @Orioles allegiance
· 0:06:35 Sports Impact Leadership Certificate was founded by Alisha and co-directed by Meredith Wolff
· 0:11:05 The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation is the largest foundation in the country devoted to healthy giving
· 0:17:32 Sports Philanthropy didn’t exist when Alisha began her career, but she was brought up with GivBk values
· 0:20:05 Philanthropists recognize that their initiatives are bigger than themselves
· 0:27:55 Takes & Fakes Trivia
· 0:35:05 Not needing recognition for selfless acts is a prerequisite for the philanthropic industry.
· 0:40:14 Teaching kids gender equity might be more important than teaching them the fundamentals of the game
· 0:51:25 Submit your RWJF Sports Award application before May 29!