In this episode, the return of the Producer’s Corner sees Host, Dalton Myers and Producer, Rosheika Grant joined by Football Analyst, Machel Turner to discuss The State of Local and International Football . They share their views on the development of Jamaica’s young footballers as sport administrators deal with the pandemic and the postponement of football locally. They also discuss the route to sustainability for local football clubs and the importance of developing structured youth teams to successfully growing the sport locally and regionally.
The trio also speaks about:
- How critical it is for local football clubs to produce talent to export to other leagues is to changing the football landscape locally
- The importance of changing the culture and attitude towards local footballers playing in leagues across the world
- Improving the professionalism in the National Premier League and how that will attract sponsors
- Dalton, Rosheika and Machel also discussed various issues regarding the Premier League and international football.
The other topics in the episode are:
- The five-substitution rule and the issues behind it not being implemented for the current season
- The extended Winter schedule and the impact it will have on football teams and also international teams
- The concerns of coaches and football clubs about the impact of international breaks amidst the pandemic and the shortened break in the summer
- The Reggae Boyz’ chances of qualifying for the Qatar 2022 FIFA World Cup, the depth of the Reggae Boyz team and the level of preparation needed to enhance their chances of qualification
- Machel’s pick for the 2021 UEFA Champions League winner
- Dalton, Rosheika and Machel’s top four finishers for the Premier League
The “Podcast Pick” for this week’s episode is “Seoul to Beijing” by Don Anderson.
Connect with Machel:
Connect with Rosheika:
Check out our website: www.thedrivephase.com
You can listen to The Drive Phase on any podcast directory. Here are a few:
Feel free to follow us on Social Media
YouTube: The Drive Phase Media
Facebook: The Drive Phase