Coping With Fear & Anxiety
April 15, 2020
Christopher J. Leonard, MSW, LCSW, M.ED
In this episode, Chris Leonard talks about how to understand and manage the anxiety many of us have been struggling with during the pandemic crisis. His guest is John Reilly, a clinical social worker and certified psychoanalyst with 30 years of experience working with adolescents and adults.
- Where anxiety comes from and the helpful purpose it can serve.
- How to lessen the physical symptoms that can come from repressed anxiety.
- Tips for overcoming unhealthy avoidance habits, such as alcohol or overeating.
- How anxiety can become a habitual response.
- The potential impact of anxiety about the current crisis on people who have experienced trauma.
- The best ways to talk to children and teens to minimize anxiety.