The Cloudcast #363 - IoT and APIs
September 20, 2018
Aaron Delp & Brian Gracely
Aaron talks with Stuart Mitchell (@mokanix_api, CEO of Mokanix) about emerging trends in the IoT transport layer and the intersection of IoT and APIs.
- Topic 1 - Stuart, tell the listeners a little about yourself and your background
- Topic 2 - With your background in telco and specifically Tata Communications, how did you develop your interest in IoT as the “next big thing”?
- Topic 3 - Your company is called mokanix. It appears to have a different take on many other IoT guests we’ve had in that it has a focus on the intersection of SIM cards and APIs. Help folks that aren’t familiar with the basics of that need understand the problem.
- Topic 4 - Would customers embed your API into their existing apps? How would this typically be implemented?
- Topic 5 - Why would someone choose SIM technology over other tech for the transport layer
- Topic 6 - How is security handled by the product? Can you lock out a card for instance if it is lost?