The Practical Futurist Podcast
S1 Episode 4: The Future of Work with Dom Price from Atlassian
Jul 01, 2019
In Episode 4 we speak with Dom Price, Work Futurist at Australian Unicorn Atlassian and answer the question “What’s the Future of … Work?”
This special episode was recorded live in front of an audience at Australia House in London during Tech Week, hosted by The Australia United Kingdom Chamber of Commerce where we discussed a range of topics relevant to companies of any size including:
- The culture at Atlassian
- Place, products, purpose, people
- When AI evolves, what will we be doing?
- Unlearning old ways of working
- Why Dom hates business cases
- How can you “unlearn”?
- The 4 “L’s”
- Longed for
- Example of the 4L’s in practice
- Declining every meeting
- Staying up to date with latest trends
- The Atlassian scale-up story
- What would you do differently?
- How do you hire people before you need them?
- The best advice Dom ever received
- Getting better not bigger
- Creating company values
- The values interview
- Recognising excellence against values
- What makes the Australian Tech market unique?
- Learning a 2nd language - coding
- The hiring challenge in Australia
- Importing talent to amplify local talent
- Success through diversity
- You’re not going to be the next Netflix of ...
- Attracting talent beyond free lunches & ping-pong tables
- Hiring for values
- The secret sauce of Atlassian
- How to win the global war on talent
- Running a tech camp
You can read all the show notes on the Episode page.
For more on Andrew - what he speaks about and replays of recent talks, please visit futurist.london or follow @andrewgrill