SPEAKER_01: I want to go to Psalms 92 and verse 10. And I anticipate and expect the Holy Spirit to do something today in our midst for the saints. Praise God. I know so if we will open our hearts and let him. You know, the oil represents the Holy Spirit. Everyone knows this. That's been saved for a while. But my horn shall exalt like the horn of unicorn. I shall be anointed with fresh oil. Now say with me, I shall be anointed with fresh oil. So it's it's coming speedily upon the hearts that are receptive and ready for the fresh oil. I was reading uh Willsworth a little bit. He says, quote, the scripture is the fuel of the Spirit. I have to think about these statements. Tongues keep the flame alive. Fire grows as you use it, end quote Wigglesworth. So we all say we want more anointing, fresh oil, but have you let out what you have? It's the opposite of the world. We don't retain the anointing for selfish reasons. The only way we can stay filled with the Spirit and have fresh oil is to give out what we already have. And if you're not going to do that, why would God try to give you any more? He will not until we obey the still small voice. And it's always good. It's always about helping people. The thing of it is, you and I are the ones the Lord will use.
unknown: That's for him.
SPEAKER_01: Amen. In 1 Corinthians 6, 19, 20. So expect fresh oil to hit you today. Yes. If you're ready. So we're going to give several scriptures today, and like I say, we're beginning to delve over into the different mode here for the African. And so we may continue this until we're out of here for a while. May continue it when I get back, Lord dwelling. If not, I'll see you in glory. 1 Corinthians 6, 19 and 20. Everyone knows this. This is just uh basic things, but for those that may not understand, we're gonna delve into it now if you're ready. Now on Sunday night, you need to bring your Bible or your iPad. It won't be on the screen. Alright? There's a reason for that. Okay. What? Know ye not that your body is a temple of the Holy Ghost. Everybody say Holy Ghost. Alright. Which is in you, which you have of God. And so the Holy Ghost is from God. And you're not your own. And so we don't live to ourselves or die to ourselves. We belong to the Lord. He bought and paid for us at Calvary.
unknown: Amen. That's right.
SPEAKER_01: I was telling Tree come to church that yes, Jesus took 39 stripes on his back. That's true. But in that ket of nine towels, there were nine pieces of leather. So each stripe had nine stripes. There's 351 stripes placed on the back, shoulders, legs, sides, and body of the Savior. Not just 39.
unknown: That's right.
SPEAKER_01: Why? He had to pay the price for our rebellion. And God had to pour out his wrath and anger and holiness upon his own son that deserved nothing. He didn't deserve to be punished, but he stepped up to the plate for us so that we could receive the benefits of his work, and everybody said amen to that. This is the deal now. So our body then, the flesh body, is the temple of the Holy Ghost. Therefore, you are the church, not this building. This building is the place that we meet when the church comes together, and each one has the Holy Spirit inside if you're saved. When we come together, we should expect salvations and signs and wonders as a normal thing. We're all substandard. And we need to shake ourselves like Samson and get back on fire for God. Well, the Word of God is what kindles the flame. We don't do it, we just yield to it.
unknown: That's right.
SPEAKER_01: Uh come into church this morning. Let me let me preach, okay? It's just 10 after 11. It says, rest. Now, if you're going to take notes behind your eyelids, I'll have to yell a little bit louder, okay? I listened to a mockingbird this morning. You ever hear a mockingbird? They have no song of their own. There's message number one. Have you ever heard of a cuckoo bird? I think about the commercial when I was a kid. Cuckoo for cocoa Christmas, cuckoo for cocoa Christmas. Some kind of cuckoo, say cuckoo bird. Now the cuckoo bird steals another bird's nest and then places its eggs inside of the stolen nest. And then the original creator of the nest comes and sets on the cuckoo bird's eggs and hatches the wrong chicks. That's message number two. Hear what the Spirit's saying today. What's that got to do with it? Not much. It's just food for thought. So if you call me cuckoo one more time. Let me get to the scripture. That's enough meddling, okay? Right, Marcus? I know it's an endurance thing, but you got the patience, right? Turn over there to 2 Corinthians chapter 3. We may know God by the Spirit. Now, a lot of people know about God, but they don't really know him like they need to. And I might say we all need to know the Lord better than we do. Because in him is life alone. In verse 17, the scripture says something like this. Well, it does say this, exactly like this. Now, I said uh 2 Corinthians 3 17. Now the Lord is that spirit. Now let me let me dwell on this a little bit. Are you gonna listen now? The Lord is that spirit, and where the spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. We've already proven from the scripture that the Holy Spirit is inside of every believer that's saved. And because that's true, the Lord is that Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is inside of us, there is liberty. So I want to know why y'all are walking around in bondage.
unknown: Come on.
SPEAKER_01: You can't fix it by human effort. It's not by might nor power, but by my spirit, says the Lord. My spirit. Now I want to get into something now because you know, in Sunday school class, we say, we used to sing this song, Come into my heart, come into my heart, Lord Jesus. You know. But the truth is, Jesus' human spirit cannot come into you literally. Because you see, Jesus was and still is a man with a spirit and a soul and a body, and God Himself all in one being. So when we say, Come into our heart, Lord Jesus, to repeat, his human spirit cannot come inside of you because he retains his humanity even in heaven. So how does Jesus come inside of us? By his spirit, the Holy Spirit, not his human spirit. Are you getting this? Because people are confused. And God is not the author of confusion. Now in Romans 8 and 9, so we we need to have, let the Holy Spirit have his liberty inside of us. If I could just get the saints to come to church one time with some victory and some liberty, we could have signs, wonders, and miracles in our midst, no effort whatsoever. So we're to blame. We have faith, but we don't know how to operate in it quite right. We have to get out of the road and let God have his way. Because the same troubles you had yesterday will be waiting on you Monday. Today is the Lord's day. He can change things if we'll just get in the spirit a little bit more and let him have his way with us. Spirit, soul, and body. He took 351 stripes for our healing. Come on now. Romans 8:9, the Bible says you're not in the flesh, but in the spirit. In the spirit that's capital, if so be the spirit of God dwells in you. Now wait, now, are you listening to me? You're in the spirit if the spirit of God lives in you. Who is the spirit of God? The Holy Spirit is. The Father God does not live in us, nor does the Son, but the Spirit. If you have the Spirit, you have the Father and the Son, because the three are one. Now, if any man hath not the Spirit of Christ, wait. The Spirit of God and the Spirit of Christ is none other than the Holy Spirit himself. Not Jesus' human spirit. So if you have the Holy Spirit, the Spirit of Christ inside of you, God lives in you. Start acting like it. It's an insult when we walk around, oh, the devil's on our back. Praise his holy name. Get him out here, fake where he belongs. Step on him a while and then wipe him off the first fence you find.
unknown: Yeah.
SPEAKER_01: Oh, you farm people understand what I'm saying there. So the question is, who is the Holy Spirit? That's the question. So I'm going to be on this for a long time unless you all mock up and have to change it back to ranting and raven again. Now let's look at Acts chapter 5 and verse 3 and 4. I'm getting ready to get switched over to another mode of ministry. It's always there, but it's up to me to what we're gonna do. God doesn't violate our freedom of choice. He doesn't violate our will. Now Satan would try to violate both of those aspects in your life. When you find another spirit trying to violate your freedom of choice and your will, that's not from God. There's only two sources Satanic or Holy Spirit. In the third verse, Peter said, and I asked, why is Satan filled your heart to lie to the Holy Ghost? We're going to find out who the Holy Ghost is. And to keep back part of the price, let's look at verse 4 then. Why do it remained, was it not thine own? And after it was sold, was it not in your own power? Why have you conceived this thing in your heart? You have not lied unto men, but unto God. Did you get that? You've lied to the Holy Ghost, and Peter said, You've lied to God. Then drop down to verse 9. Then Peter said to her, How is it you have agreed to tempt the Spirit of the Lord? So the Spirit of the Lord is the Holy Ghost Himself. The Spirit of the Lord is the Spirit of Christ, the Spirit of God, one and the same. I want that to soak in. Because the Bible teaches us that the Holy Spirit is God Almighty Himself. In Genesis 1 2, the Spirit of God moved on the face of the waters. The second person said, Light be, and the Spirit of God, who was the Spirit of Christ, the Holy Spirit, went to work. The Holy Spirit wasn't one that brooded on the face of the waters, not Jesus. Not the Father. One time I was preaching a revival. Linear, remember this out the big Tracy Church many, many years ago. I'll tell this men just sitting back here. Can you hear me? Okay, test, test. Okay. And I'm preaching along and I'm going along and God's telling me something else. As I'm speaking, he's telling me something totally contrary to what I'm saying. And I'm listening and responding to him, and I'm saying something else. Have I gone crazy yet? The Lord says to me, Look on the left side of the church. The altar over there. He said, See? Nothing happening. Look at the right side. I look over there, and there's this vapor. Like, have you ever seen a wood stove? And you can step back and you can see the heat vapor going up. It was sort of like that. And over every person that was on this side of the fence, 20, 30, 40 of them over here. And yet he's sitting and looked over there at the other side, and they're dead as a doornail. Why? I don't know why. God was just showing me what was going on in the church. I was in Arkansas many years ago, and this is true. I'm telling you true things here. And they had a good music, great music, but it was twice a dead, plucked up by the roots. And the steel player was so depressed. And he was great, man, but it's not about talent. It's the heart, something wrong. And he was, I don't know what was wrong. God didn't tell me. But he showed me, and when I got up to preach, about five, ten minutes into the sermon, God says to me, steel player. That's all he said. And I knew what was wrong, but I didn't know what to do. God's the one running things. And I'm just crazy enough to obey. I said, the Lord, the Spirit, says to me, steel player. That's all I said. And then suddenly, everybody says suddenly, glory to God. I saw a beam of light come down out of that ceiling like a spotlight about four foot, five foot in diameter, and was shining right there in that walkway aisle in between the pews. And there it was. And he gets up and his soul beat down and gets over, and to my surprise, he stands right in that light. And then he suddenly come unglued and just fell on the floor like a holy roller. He was. This is what God wants in the church. You can't figure it out. There's no formula. But I tell you, God's present today. God, the Holy Spirit's present today. Because we've gathered together in the name that's above every name. He said he'd be here. Quit time to figure it out and just accept it. And the church says amen to that. You can't figure out God is bigger in our punishment minds. Just know that He is. And so they tempted the Spirit of the Lord. Not good. In Acts chapter 19, now in verse 2, as we skip over to the writings of Paul again, please. Thank you, Lord Jesus. Glory to God. He said to them, have you received the Holy Ghost since you believed? Have you received the Holy Ghost since you believed? Now, when you believe, you are a believer in Christ Jesus, you are saved. That's how you get saved. You believe. Of course, you have to believe the true report, the gospel. Accept Christ as your Savior and Lord. Repent, so forth and so on. You know these things. Here's what Paul asked these believers. He said, Have you received the Holy Ghost since you believed? And they said, Well, we don't know if there is any Holy Ghost. Well, down verse 6 then. Then Paul laid his hands on them, and the Holy Ghost came on them, and they spake with tongues and prophesied. Please tear it out of the Bible. You cannot tear it out of the Bible. Because it is New Testament teaching. Just Shunda, Shundi. All God's people would prophesy. Forbid not to speak with tongues, Paul said. I pray always, Paul said. I will pray in the spirit, I will sing in the spirit. And I will pray with the understanding, and I will sing with the understanding. No, no, no, no, no, no, no. He was talking about. Praying in the Holy Ghost or praying with the Holy Ghost. And I tell you to remind you, saints, the Holy Ghost is God Himself.
unknown: Amen.
SPEAKER_01: I don't know how God gives each of us a part of Himself, or then He's omnipresent. He can do whatever He wants, whenever He wants, without our permission. But He will not force Himself on any person alive. Unless He's going to judge them, then it's too late then. It's crispy Critter time. And that's the fire. I found that out and then lied to the Holy Ghost.
unknown: That's right.
SPEAKER_01: It's serious stuff, boy. And so to recap some things, in John chapter 3 and verse 6, here's the first gift of God. There are two main gifts of God: the new birth and the Holy Ghost. That which is born of the flesh is flesh. That which is born of the Spirit is spirit. So when a sinner repents and receives Jesus as Savior and Lord into the heart by the Holy Spirit, then the Holy Spirit, the Spirit of Christ, and the Spirit of God comes to live inside of that person's spirit, and they are born from above to walk a newness of life. They are saved, their names in the book. They are heaven-bound. How can we not preach the gospel? Because people are going to hell or heaven one every second. Someone dies one every second on this planet. And what is the church doing? As a whole. But God does things with us to clarify the Holy Spirit does things with us. But God must have a vessel to work through. That's the point. You are the vessels. I said you. If you're saved, if the Holy Spirit of God's in you, you are the vessel that God wants to use.
unknown: That's right. Amen.
SPEAKER_01: Quit and making excuses and rise up and be a child of God like you really are. Because we're somebody in the kingdom of God. And God backs us up with the armies of heaven, so fear not. God's with us. Praise God. Hallelujah.
unknown: Praise God.
SPEAKER_01: So we're not only born in the flesh, then we're born of the Spirit. And when a person is born of the Spirit, they receive the gift of salvation, which is the first gift of God. Free. Amen. Can't earn it, can't buy it, can't receive it by good works. By faith in Jesus alone is the only way to receive this first gift. But you're not filled. Now here's where the church is split in America. Because the first gift is the Holy Spirit comes to indwell you and you're saved. You're a brother and sister in Christ. We accept you just like you are a child of God. But there are those that are empty, they're saved. But there are those that are filled and they're saved. So because when we get filled with the Holy Spirit, it doesn't mean you're more saved. You can't, you're either saved or you're not. You either have the Spirit or you don't. You're either in the kingdom of God or you're not. But we can't do anything without the Holy Spirit helping us. So we need the power of the Holy Spirit after we're saved.
unknown: Amen.
SPEAKER_01: Are we no threat to the devil? He doesn't care if you get saved. Just don't get on fire for God. Just don't talk, quick, don't talk in that prayer language because I don't know what you're saying. The devil doesn't know what we're saying. Only God knows what we're saying. The tongues is not the power of the Holy Spirit, it is. But the evidence of being filled with the Holy Spirit is the tongues. Now tear that out. You cannot. However, you can talk in tongues and still be a baby Christian. And still need to be taught about the Holy Spirit. And so the church has got a big responsibility to mature the saints. Don't we? So a believer then has the indwelt spirit of God. But does the Holy Spirit have that believer? That's the question. Who controls us? I'm convinced, after almost 50 years of being a believer in Christ Jesus, that we're either controlled by the Holy Spirit or our unholy spirit all the time.
SPEAKER_00: But first, we want to take a moment to think about our word of God with first hour. Now, these powerful methods.
SPEAKER_01: So when we're tempted to react a certain way, stop, breathe, and ask yourself, what would Jesus do in this situation? What would Jesus say in this situation? How do I respond to this onslaught of evil? You got a choice. See, one of the real evidence, evidences of being filled with the Holy Spirit, is to be filled with the Holy Spirit. Because truth begins to grow more rapidly than normal. Yes, preacher. I got fell 30 years ago. Bless God. Yeah, you haven't been touched by the Holy Spirit since. Yesterday's gone, sweet Jesus. We cannot live on past experiences. It's good for us. It builds character and experience, but we need a fresh oil today. There's only one way. Luke 316. Let me throw this in for our pure minds today. Can I do that? Praise God. Never forget that time of I think uh Will was with me. In uh the village of Nakon, Day. And that's the first church I've ever seen where everybody, it was like sardines jammed down there. And everybody was filled with the Holy Ghost without exception. We had plans for a convention, three, four hours of teaching, and that's all out the window. Now we've got to go down to the baptizing hole. How far is it? Oh, it's not fire. An hour later we're still walking. Hot. Everything changes when the Holy Ghost moves. You hear that, you pastors out there. There is no way, certain way to have church or than in the spirit. God accepts no other worship than in the spirit. His spirit, which is the Holy Ghost Himself. So actually, God helps us to worship Him. Let me say that again. God's Holy Spirit helps us to worship the Father and the Son. That's more plain. You know, Jesus receives worship. Then let me say this: the Holy Spirit will not receive worship. He glorifies Christ alone. So if the preacher's not preaching Christ, he's not preaching Jesus. Could be preaching another gospel. And there is no other gospel. Well, we have a hint here. John answered, saying unto them, I indeed baptized with water as John the Baptist. And one's mighter than I is coming, and the last of his shoes, I'm not worthy to unloose. But he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost and with fire. He, Jesus. And frankly, he's still the only one that baptizes people with the Holy Ghost and fire. Not the preacher.
unknown: Amen. That's right.
SPEAKER_01: But God can work through the hands of the preacher, or the words of the preacher, like he did the Apostle Paul. Paul laid his hands on them, and the Holy Ghost came on them, and they spoke with tongues and prophesied in that order. Now in the Old Testament times, they had spiritual gifts, seven. New Testament, we have nine. Tongues interpretation were added to it. Now, when a person receives a second gift of God, which is the Holy Ghost Himself, Jesus baptizes that believer with the Holy Ghost, and that believer will speak in the unknown tongue as the Spirit of God tells the believer what to pray. Didn't quench back. I quenched back for years until I understood the reality and the in depthness of this subject. You cannot fight God and win. I asked them to believe in all that holy rolling stuff. Folks, when we get to heaven, man, we're all gonna get a good talking to. I'm telling you right now. It's gonna be out of this world in the spirit. Now look over at John chapter 7, verse 37. Are we doing all right?
unknown: Yes.
SPEAKER_01: Told you I'm getting ready to go overseas, and so this is the way it's got to be. God woke me up, gave me 18 scriptures. No outline, no nothing. I never get anything. I don't know what I'm gonna do. But he gave me 18 scriptures, now it's 20 to carry overseas. I just want to drop a few, a little of it into your hearts. You don't have to be black to receive it. Glory to God. What did God some of you were? A little more rhythm go on. You can't even clap on time. Just drives me nuts. You always clapping on the off beat, the wrong beat drives me nuts. No rhythm. I tell the Africans, I'm more African than American. I really am. I like their ways of doing things. Now I'll admit that it's difficult to communicate. Like our slang words, you know. You gotta talk slow. You can't go over and hack around expecting to translate for you. You give a phrase and you wait for them to interpret. Like some of you are gonna figure out your next June. But we've got these slang words we've got to throw out. You don't use big theological words, they don't know what you're saying. You gotta get it down where they are where they are. And even then, when they translate, their eyes are this big, Monty. We don't know what this said, and you know, it could be anything. But my dad he had some slang, and you know, when we get in the shower, we talk about we're gonna get in there and we're gonna rinse off. Rinse off. You know, and dad says, I'm gonna get in the shower and wrench off. Ranch. How do you interpret that? How do you translate this kind of stuff? And we probably got slang words that we use that you understand, maybe, don't y'all? But look at seven chapters, you got John 7, 30. Look at this. In the last day of that great day of the feast, Jesus stood up and cried, and he said, If any man thirsts, let him come to me and drink. Well, what do we drink? The Holy Spirit.
unknown: That's right. Amen.
SPEAKER_01: So it's not so much a matter of what comes out, it's what goes in that matters.
unknown: I don't know.
SPEAKER_01: Well, he that believes on me, oh, he that believes on me. I got a, where's the camera? I got let me look over here. You gotta listen to me. He that believes on me, Jesus. That's what Jesus said. Are you getting that? Are y'all getting are y'all getting in here at this here church? We talk that way. As the scripture said. Here he's quoting Joel and other places. Out of his belly shall fall rivers of living water. So we're looking for this big lightning bolt. It can happen, but usually the river comes from the well that's inside of the believer. Spring up a well. So the river comes from your well that's in you, it's in your spirit. So when you believers are believing to be filled with the Holy Spirit, take note of the water, the river of life of the Holy Spirit Himself coming up out of your throat and wanting to come out your mouth. You know, you got a spiritual mouth. But the flesh is a vehicle of expression of the spirit in man that we are. Now look at verse 39. This is this kicks it right here. But this spake he of the spirit. Say it with me. But this spake he of the spirit. Glory to God. Which they that believe on him should receive. Now, let me stop. He didn't say could receive or would receive, but he said should receive. So we should receive the Holy Ghost.
unknown: Ha!
SPEAKER_01: What are we gonna do right now? That's not the Holy Ghost. That's flesh. But neither is this. Well, no, people, you know God loves you, but you know there's no spirit today. Everything's been done away with. You know what I'm saying? No, I don't know what you're saying. You six-foot icicle. Nothing's been done away with. Glory to God. The Lord is looking for people that will just believe the scripture. Please. Get past feelings, you're already defeated.
unknown: That's right.
SPEAKER_01: Satan takes advantage now. Oh. The devil does not want God's church to be filled with the Holy Ghost.
unknown: That's right.
SPEAKER_01: Nobody tries to cast out a demon unless they're filled with the Holy Ghost. Jesus, I know, and Paul I know, but who are you? I told Larry the mechanic here about a few months ago. I said, Larry, I said, the devil knows my name. Praise God. This spake he of the Spirit that they that believe on him should receive. Well, I don't need him. Yes, you do. Jesus said we did. You call him a liar? Well, you're condemned me. No. We want to get you out of condemnation by simply believing what the Bible says. So we got all these churches in our country that don't believe what I'm preaching. They are not New Testament style. Well, there you go judging. No, the Bible plainly tells us what's normal Christianity and what's substandard. And God is not pleased when we're not believing his word. He's displeased. Now look, the Holy Ghost was not given because Jesus was not yet glorified. So now in the Old Testament, the Holy Spirit was active in operation. That's it. The Holy Spirit was alive and well, working in the Old Testament times. Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Joseph, the prophets, the minor prophets, major prophets, so forth and so on, all the way through signs and wonders and miracles. But after Jesus went to the cross and was resurrected, went back to heaven, sent the Holy Ghost, say Holy Ghost from heaven. He said, if I go back, I'll send him. If I don't go back, he's not coming. Now he was here in Old Testament time, but he couldn't live in people then. Because Christ had not paid the price yet. So the Holy Spirit in the Old Testament times would come on three people prophet, priest, and king, even in them, Peter said, but mainly he would come upon them, and then he would have to leave because the blood of Christ hadn't been shed for eternal indwelling of the spirit inside of a believer. Because the sin debt hadn't been paid yet. So actually, all the Old Testament saints were not born again. They were in covenant with God, they went to paradise. Yes, amen. But now, because Christ paid for our sins, I say Christ paid for our sins. He sent the Holy Spirit, and when you receive Jesus, your sins are forgiven. Now the Holy Spirit comes to live inside of you. Now you're saved. That's not all of it. We're never going to get it all. But we can get more. How far do we want to go? They that believe on him should receive the Holy Ghost. So the Holy Ghost was formerly given on the day of Pentecost, and the church was formed. Amen. Acts 2.4. They're all filled with the Holy Ghost and begin to speak in other tongues as the Spirit gave them the utterance. Nothing's changed. Well, speaking in tongues get you filled with the spirit? No. I can get a monkey and hold banana and make that thing chutter. That don't mean that monkey's filled with the spirit. Now, Sister Sal, don't get in somebody's face and tell them, say not say after me. She shines my boha, she shines my sonda. She's skinning my shin. Shundai, shundai. What's some other words? I don't know because everybody talks in tongues with different words. It's never the same. Not supposed to be. That's your prayer language that you alone, the Holy Spirit, gives you. Glory to God. Well, now God expects believers to receive the second gift of God, which says the Holy Ghost Himself. So when Paul came to the disciples, Acts 19, he said, Have you received the Holy Ghost since you believed what he was saying in our terms today? Have you received more of God since you became a believer? Have you received more of God? That's what he was saying. Now, how much God do you want? Well, when you give all yourself to him, you can receive more. If you're going to hold back, that's as far as you're going to go. We're not talking salvation now. We're talking about some victory in our lives, some power in our lives. Acts 1.8, you shall receive power as the Holy Ghost comes upon you. Well, it's not for today. Can I have scripture? They're written in. In the Old Testament times now, as we're winding down here quickly, before you Baptists get mad at me. Well, go ahead and get mad. I come out of the Baptist church. They were saved, a lot of them were. But I needed more. Being an ex-honkin talker, man, I had to be in a church where, hey, if I would happen to get in the Spirit, I got to be free. You know, where the Spirit of the Lord is, there's liberty. I gotta be free to let out the shout when the river's coming out. Oh God. I gotta let the shout out when the river comes out. My dad, as far as I know, did not talk in tongues because he was raised with the Mexicans and he would jabber just like them. And he had this mind thing. He just, you know. Now you can be filled with spirit and not speak with tongues, but sooner or later you will. You will. But my dad would get in the spirit, he was real quiet in the church. He'd get in the spirit, and all of a sudden he'd let out this war hoop. I mean scream. Just stand my hair up on the back of my neck. But he was in the spirit, that's the way he let go. That's the way he released. Listen to me, saints. You can go so long, but if you don't release, it's gonna hurt you. It's called quenching the spirit. And then it'll be a long time before you feel the river come up again because you sinned against the spirit. Now, we need to repent of that. If God says shout, you shout. I don't care what Sister Sal thinks. If God says run the owl, run the owl! If God says dance, hope it's not me because I can't dance very good. But I'd try. God says, raise your hands and give me praise when the music's gone. You don't do it. Why is that? I don't feel like it. You know what? Maybe we need to put full sacrifice of praise every now and then. Get them hands up and praising God and see if the Holy Spirit begin to move on you. I mean, what's wrong with that? I don't know a long time ago, we clap our hands and do this, but there's no difference between clapping your hands and moving your feet. What's the difference? Well, the temple of God. Now I'm not saying we've got to turn cartwheels and everything else in church. But I'm saying you need some liberty. Liberty. Freedom. We can just sit here right now, and the Holy Spirit was talking to somebody in your heart. It's like something like altar call is coming. You know you want more God, don't you? Yes, Lord, you know I do. When you respond, when the preacher tells you to come forward, it's your choice. Do you do it or you don't do it? So there's a call for salvation. There's a call to be filled with the Holy Spirit. But if you got pride like some of you do, it's never gonna work until you repent of being arrogant and having too much pride for God to come inside and fill you with the power. You gotta come down to where, God, I'm nothing. There's nothing left. I need God. That's where you gotta get. Trust in your money, it can fly away quick. You don't need God until you get sick, is that it? Let me skip those scriptures, then we're gonna quit here before I get stoned again. But in old time the prophets would prophesy as a spirit moved on holy men of God. That's how we got the scripture. Holy Spirit moved on them and told them what to write. Luke gave a command, Jesus gave a command. Let me close with Luke 24, 46. Told them to get ready for Africa. In Luke 24, 46. Thus it written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer and to rise from the dead the third day. Well, we know that happened. Graves empty. Repentance, remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. You're witnesses of these things. I witnesses. And behold, I send the promise of my father upon you. Now look, I send the promise of my father on you. Who sent the Holy Ghost? Jesus did. The promise of the Father was the Holy Spirit himself. So tearing the city of Jerusalem because you're going to do with power from on high. That was the command. So they go back to Jerusalem, go in the upper room. 120 people, not counting the opposite sex. We don't know how many people are up there. When I'm on those, where's the 5,000? Where's the 4,000? They weren't there. Well, let God be the judge. But I sure would have liked to have been in the upper room, wouldn't you? Well. So they obeyed their commander in chief, their resurrected Savior. He said, Now go and wait. I'm going to send the promise of my Father, which is the Holy Spirit himself. So you go and wait and pray. And they waited. And when Sunday came, the day of Pentecost, something happened. Acts chapter 1 and verse 4 and 5, we'll quit with this today. Praise the Lord. The scripture builds a fire inside of us.
unknown: That's right.
SPEAKER_01: And if we don't respond a little more than what we're doing, see there's two things here. Either you're not receiving, either we're not giving anything, or you're not teachable. That's about it. I know I'm giving some stuff from the word. Are you teachable? Well, you apply what you hear from the scripture. Will we apply it? I had to. Well, it's a good thing. I like it. These are not drunk as you suppose. It's not at 9 a.m. They thought they were drunk on new wine, Acts chapter 2. So, hint, hint. When a believer gets filled with the Holy Spirit, they act like a drunk. And I know none of you have ever been intoxicated. Now I know. Yeah, you're good little saints. Uh-huh, uh-huh. But I've noticed drunk people, they start talking a lot. We used to call it drunk talk, right, Danny? Drunk talk. Like these one, two guys I know, Barry and I know, they're both gone now, but they'd get drunk and they would talk. One of them didn't have any money, but he said, I'm gonna buy a bulldozer. That's what I'm gonna do. He felt rich, didn't have a pot to put water in. He felt rich, you know, drunk talk. It went on for hours. I mean, hours at the Valley View Cafe. This other guy said, Well, I'll tell you what, you buy that bulldozer, I can drive it. Never been on the bulldozer. I can drive it, you buy it up. Well, he got drunk and run the bulldozer through the barn and tore the barn down. Passed out on the bulldozer. Well, I don't believe in falling under the power. You better read about Peter when he goes up the housetop to pray. Fell into a trance. And there's where you saw the vision. You want to get visions and dreams from God and get direction from God? Just get under the power of God. I don't understand some people. They go for months and years wanting to get under the power of God or feel the power of God. They get on the floor and they try to get up like a horse with a broken leg. Why? Stay there until God's done. I don't care what people think. Praise God. What if you're hurrying? See, we're too Americanized. It's almost 12 o'clock. It's time to go out and eat pizza. Lord's willing, you'll get out to eat pizza. But Mike's locking the door. Praise God. I'm going to get a paddleck on the inside of that thing. Nobody goes in. Glory to God. Door man, you're going to have a job, I tell you right now. But you'll be the key man. Oh, the key man, yeah. Have you found Acts chapter 1 yet in verse 4? So being assembled together with them that commanded them they should not depart from Jerusalem by what? Wait for the promise of the Father. What was the promise of the Father? The Holy Spirit himself. He was the promise. He's here. Will you shake yourself? He's here. I need some goosebumps, preacher. Don't matter. He's here. We need goosebumps upon goosebumps. They want to know God's presence. What does the Bible say? Praise God. The Lord is with us wherever we go. But when we come together, there's a time and a place that God will do what He says he's gonna do. He's already done it, really. Then look at verse 5. I'll shut that off. John baptized with water, but ye should be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence. And so Jesus commanded them to go back and wait for the Holy Ghost. I have not a right to tell you he's dead. The Holy Ghost is not dead. He's the eternal spirit. He cannot die. He doesn't change. He is the power source. He's the one that saved us to start with. He brought us to Jesus, born of the Spirit. Now baptized with the Spirit. But you see, those of us that have been baptized with the Spirit many years, we need fresh oil. Back to the text. Fill my horn with fresh oil. Let's stand to our feet this morning. You know, there was a song I used to sing. We used to sing back in the old Bible days in 1977, 78 at uh what's the name of that college up there? I forgot. Brother Branham's College. Ozark Bible, yeah. We used to sing this course, and it goes something like this fresh oil from the throne, fresh oil from the throne. Anoint us today with fresh oil from the throne. We need the power in this last hour. Anoint us today with fresh oil from the throne. That's it.
SPEAKER_00: Thank you for listening to the time we're just gonna go.