Speaker 1: Ephesians chapter six, the book of Ephesians Chapter Six. If you need a Bible, please raise your hand. And Austria will be more than happy to bless you with a Bible. Uh, once you receive that, would you please turn along with the rest of us to the book of Ephesians Chapter Six. We're going to start in verse 10. Ephesians chapter six, verse 10. We have been teaching on the art of war and, uh, the I should say the concept, if you will, came from a treaties that was written by sunsuit thousands and thousands of years ago and it was called the art of war. And it encompasses or involves many tactics and slash or techniques of warfare. And most of those techniques and tactics are still being used today by many a military leaders. And the point that we wanted to bring out is that these tactics are not a big secret. A, these are tactics that God invented. And so what we have endeavored to do is bring out certain principles, uh, when it comes to the art of war. And so I believe we are on our fourth part, if I'm not mistaken. And the fourth art is
Speaker 2: told you
Speaker 1: the art of authority, a victorious warrior winds first and then goes to war. In the book of Ephesians, Chapter Six, verse 10, it goes as follows. Finally, my brethren, be strong where and in the of who's might put on the whole armor of God that you may be able to with stand against the wiles of the devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in wherefore take unto you the whole armor of God that you may be able to withstand in the evil day. Having done all to stand, stand therefore having your loins girt about with the truth, having on the breastplate of righteousness, your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace and above all, taking the shield of faith where with you are able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked and take the helmet of salvation, the of the spirit,
Speaker 3: which is the word of God. Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the spirit and watching there unto, with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints. Now, uh, I know we've, we've mentioned this before, and again, I might be dating myself a little bit, but there used to be a cartoon about the roadrunner and the road runner was constantly being pursued and chased by Wiley Coyote and Wiley Coyote. That's where his name came from. Wiles, uh, wiles means plans or strategies or, or pursuits. And it's important for you to understand and to know that when it's talking about the wiles of the devil, it's talking about the plans and the strategies that Satan uses to try and destroy. Uh, you, uh, we talked last week saying is not after your stuff. He's after your faith because if he can destroy your faith in God, he can have all your stuff are. You understand what I'm saying? And so bringing us to a place of understanding that it is imperative that we recognize these plans and these strategies that Satan has for our lives. And so what I want you to do is turn to your neighbor, smile real big, and just tell them it's already done. Look at somebody else, Thomas, same thing. It's already done. See you in the, the nature of the anticipation of warfare is the idea that as you go into battle, uh, are you ready? Are you prepared? Is Everything there? And the outcome of that battle, uh, we really don't always know. Sometimes you can think that you have won this battle and you go in and lose A. I remember when, uh, uh, Mike Tyson fought a buster douglas, you would have knocked me over with a feather to tell me the dashboard was going to happen. I never thought in a million years that the outcome was going to be what occurred. And I'll be honest with you, neither did he. And so the challenge is when you are in any type of pugilistic event or any type of war or battle, uh, you know, oftentimes you can become so convinced that you'll win, that you don't pay attention to what it takes to win. And we've gotta be clear about the idea that because he says to us very clearly, he says, we're finally my brethren. Be Strong in the Lord and in the power of his might. So to say, to be, to be strong in the Lord is a positional truth. In other words, he's letting you know that in your natural state, in your flesh, in who you think you are, by your natural ability, your giftings, your talent, uh, your money, all the things you have naturally is not what's gonna make you strong. What makes you strong is your ability to discern and to understand who you are in the Lord. And when you are confident in the Lord, then you are confident and his ability and in his power and not in your own right. Because the moment you become confused about what it is that is working on the inside of you, you will then become confused as to how to accomplish the outcome of every battle. So when, when you go into battle, if there is not within you, the ability to discern you are in fact a winter. It is not that you are going to try to figure out how maybe possible, if you Shoulda, woulda, Coulda, possibly, maybe when, but that you begin to understand who you really are and whose you really are, because then as you become confident in what God can do, not in what you are capable of, then you are able to rely upon the power of God. See, one of the challenges most people have is they live like the devil. Therefore, they cannot understand who god really is. See, listen, there are three levels of devil worship. There are three levels of satanic worship. You know what the first one is? The first one is looking for a horoscope, looking for word, looking for something from a palm reader, wanting to tell the future. That's the first level of devil worship. The second level of devil worship is when you begin to put demonic principles above godly principles. That's why I said that we cast down all imaginations that exalt themselves against the knowledge of God and we bring it into captivity until a subject unto Christ. Because see, strongholds are not demons. Sometimes people, boy, y'all gives devil way too much credit. You're like the devil's work and in my life and I got demons in me. No you, you. If your behavior is your problem, it is not demons, it's you. It's how you think. You have lost the battle in your mind. Therefore you have lost the war of your life. And so the nature of how people think, you know, sometimes people say, well, I'm a Christian, but I believe differently. It's like you can't be a Christian and believe differently. Your belief is what makes you a Christian. Either Jesus died for you or he did not. Either Jesus is in fact God in the flesh or he is not you. It's like saying, well, I'm a little pregnant. You either is or you ain't, but there is no. Are you understanding what I'm saying? And so in the nature of battle, uh, there are schemes and plans the Satan has for you. And he unravels. Those plans have very intricate and very detailed. If you know how to play chess, you understand the difference between checkers because checkers is a game of see, jump. Take a jump, there's a mild level of strategy, but it is not the same as chess. Chess is the game of kings. Chess is a game of strategy. Chess is to understand that there are wiles or plans that your opponent has and you have to be able to strategically deal with the things that he throws into your life. This is why when you think about the things that people find themselves in, you didn't lose the war. When you found yourself in a hotel with somebody you shouldn't have been with, you lost the war. When you picked up the phone and called that individually, you lost the war when you didn't shut it down, when you should have shut it down. You lost the war. When it was just the flirtatious thing. It was a week here and a call here and texting here. You lost the battle in the moment when you should've been holding fast, but you couldn't because you wasn't paying attention. These are the places where, you know, St has a strategy. So his strategy is like, you know, husband goes to work one day and before he leaves the house, him and his wife gets into a fierce battle and then it gets into the car and he's driving to work and he's upset and he's salty and it's just, you know, now the drive into work is unbearable and he finally gets to work in the secretary behind the desk says to him, you know, you look really nice today. St stirred up that fight. He stirred up that fight knowing that it would affect you in a certain way. He's the one that got your dog to bite you first thing in the morning so you're all upset and then you're not thinking straight. And then you show up at work and the first person that says, oh, you look really handsome today. Maybe we should just go to lunch. Yeah, because there's plans. Their
Speaker 4: strategies and the challenges that most people think that Satan comes with a pitchfork and horns. Satan doesn't come with pitchfork and horns. Satan comes in a mini skirt. Satan come six foot with,
Speaker 2: right?
Speaker 4: If he showed up with a pitchfork and horns, you would know that it was him, but the fact remains that when he's trying to derail your life, he does not show up in a way that you would immediately recognize him. He shows up in a way where the money is out and you see it and see an opportunity that you could take it and nobody would know. He shows up in that moment where there's an opportunity to move into a something you know you shouldn't do, and he does it in such a way that he comes with the apple and he says, look, isn't it pretty? Isn't it beautiful? It surely will help you. It surely will feed you. It surely will bless you. Just take a bite. How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie roll? Pop, I don't know, but just one will mess your life up. Just will take you to the wrong side.
Speaker 3: That's why it's better. It's better to avoid and resist because one of the things that, uh, billy Graham used to say as he says, it's hard to have sex with a woman that you're never in a room alone with plain and simple. It's how we gauge our lives and how we garner a, the control of our lives that allow us to begin to understand who we actually are. And when you know who you are, then it's not hard to then begin to connect the dots to whose you are because the nature of whose you are now gives you the ability to positionally put yourself in the Lord and the moment you were in the Lord, you now have a whole new perspective of the reality of the world in which you actually live in. The biggest challenge that faces the body of Christ today is that people think they can be carnal and still be Christian. They think they can live carnally shacked up. No, no, but well, you know, we're working on it. You sure about that? And so they live. Now, listen, that doesn't mean they're not saved, although it could, but that doesn't automatically mean that, but what it does mean is they don't have a revelation of their righteousness.
Speaker 2: Yeah,
Speaker 3: because the greater the revelation of righteousness, the greater the revelation of how you function in the world, the greater you become in the Lord. How you going to rebuke and attack you sleeping? How do you bind the devil you having sex with? This is the problem with people as well. Meaning as they are well, I bind every attack and I bind every demon. How do you bind the demon that somebody wants? You don't have authority in other people's lives. You have authority in yours. I cannot tell you that Satan is not allowed to come and mess with you and your mind and everything concerning you, but I can tell you he can't come to my house because it's so funny how people flirt with and play with the very thing they don't want
Speaker 2: and then complain about how they all. Well, let's move on. Luke. Luke chapter 10, verse 19. We'll find something y'all can shout about Eylea.
Speaker 3: He says, behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and Scorpions and over all the power of the enemy and nothing shall by any means, hurt you. Now, anytime you see a serpents and Scorpions, you will see devils and demons. Serpents and Scorpions are always a, a, a, what's the word? Code word. It is always a allegorically speaking to demons and devils. And so now when he's saying that, it'd behold I give unto you power. If you are using your own Bible or you're taking notes, write down the word ecstasy. He x, uh, you, I, O, s, I a exos. Yeah. That word ecstasy is not the same word when he says over all the power of the enemy. So in other words, you could say it this way, behold, I give you authority to tread on serpents and Scorpions and over all the ability
Speaker 2: of the enemy.
Speaker 3: Because many people think it's power. You know, they, they go by how they feel. If I feel powerful today, if I feel important today, if I feel significant today, then I know that God is with me and he's dirty it up my lines for me and I know that all things work together and they go off of emotional feeling and then wonder why when they rebuke the devil, he doesn't respond. He doesn't respond because you don't have physical power over him. You have authority or mastery over him. This is why you've to be careful because there are people in your life that I'm telling you. If we wrestle against principalities and powers, then we can wrestle with people who are under the influence,
Speaker 2: right?
Speaker 3: How do you know the under the influence? They can't stick around at a church if you don't give them what they want, they're off to the next thing. Jumping around from place to place to place. You know, in the natural world they call that hoard them. See? See, and now what? You have to understand that they're on assignment.
Speaker 2: Yeah,
Speaker 3: and they don't even know it. They could still be Christians. They're the ones that want to be involved in everything they want. The spotlight, they want to be in control of things, but yet, and still they don't want to support. They don't want to serve. When you asked them, Hey, can you serve in the, in the, uh, toilet bowl ministry? No. I'm called to be an apostle. I'm called to be. You ain't called to be anything. If you can't serve, if you're too important to serve, then you have outclassed Jesus himself. See now when demonic things or an operation, you don't know that, that one friend you called to tell them about the dream God placed in your heart and they start telling you about why you can't do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I'm trying
Speaker 3: because people think that every attack is overt. It is not overt.
Speaker 1: I remember having a conversation not too long ago and the conversation was, was basically talking about how when you have people in your organization who refused to do what you've asked them to do the way you've asked them to do it, they can become like a cancer.
Speaker 3: And so and so. My response was that if they don't get it together, you got to cut them out like cancer. That was what I said to the person, so then the person called me back talking about, did you say you had cancer? I said, what? Oh my, what in the Sam Hill? Are you talking about?
Speaker 1: Listen to me. You have to be careful because again, you may be walking around Tom Bow, I'm healed and whole and you'll get somebody in your face on. Oh, come on, you look sick. Just say you're sick.
Speaker 3: I mean, why are you going to run right hair, lying everybody. You know you're sick. Just say it. Come on, say it. You're ugly. I don't recall you telling me that.
Speaker 2: Yeah,
Speaker 3: their strategies. There's plants that Satan will use. If he can't get to you, it will tag those, the closest to you and he'll use people and and, and one of the things you have to always be very, very, very careful about is people who only want to be next to you, not because they want to bring a supply to you, but they really want something from you and because they want something from them you, they are here to take, not to give. You have to be careful with various types of people and the way they think and the way they function because just because they are a Christian does not mean they are not operating under the influence. So then when he says, behold, I give you authority or power or mastery, watch what he's saying here to tread on serpents and Scorpions and over all the ability of the enemy. Why would you need to tell me in Ephesians that we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities and powers? Why would I have to wrestle with that which I already have power over an authority over. If it was already done, I'll say it to you this way. Just because you have a legal right to authority doesn't mean you exercise it. Mark Twain said this, a man who doesn't read has no significant advantage over a man who can't read. If that's the case, if that's the case, then quit thinking just because you know you have authority that you were actually operating and a person who has authority and doesn't operate in it is no better than a person who doesn't have
Speaker 2: right
Speaker 3: because it does not come in the divine providence of God. It is a divine promise of God. See, when you understand provenance, you begin to realize that providence functions in a certain way, that it moves you to a place of realizing that it's already. See God's divine providence sets things in motion, but his promises or something you to receive and do something with it. So then if I give you the authority to accomplish something, you may not have the power to do it, but if you have authority, you can see that it gets done. In other words, when I was in highschool back before Christ, if we had not, not before Christ was on this planet, I'm telling before Christ was in my life, I didn't realize I had to clarify that, but by the looks of some of Y'alls faces, y'all got jokes. I do not have Moses. Beeper number. Okay. So when we had, you know, we had friends, you know, they have some kind of a little beat up car, something kind of small, you know, eight or nine of us would get together and moved your car.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Modern school. We literally would pick that puppy up because if you get enough people around it, you can lift the car up and so we'd Shimmy it this way and Shimmy it that way and put it sideways and all kinds of stuff they come up with like, what in the world? Now, listen, I can't do that by myself, but if our garner enough people with the ability, then I can do anything. See when, when you want to move, something that's called leverage. Leverage is the nature of of member how a Bible talks about. Daniel had an excellent spirit and Daniel had an excellent spirit and the Bible says that his king suffered no damage. You know what that means? That means his boss didn't take harm or didn't take any bullets or didn't take any spears or didn't have any problems because Daniel took care of the problems, so then whatever the boss wanted, whatever his king wanted, how his king wanted things to be done. Daniel did it that way and the Bible says he had an excellent spirit because his king suffered no damage, so it gets damaged to people when they've got to make up for what you lack. That's damage that's causing a problem, and so for him to have such an excellent spirit means he handled himself in a way that he understood that he was leverage leverage. If I have a big boulder and I want to roll the boulder or move at a certain way, if I have a stick or a piece of wood hard enough, I can jam it in there wedge and use that as leverage where I'm able to get my full body weight on it. To roll something that's called leverage. When you use a hammer, how many of you've ever touched a hammer? A Hammer is leveraged at the top of the hammers, weighted metal and at the handles would when you it. It creates
Speaker 1: leverage. If you take the hammer, just the ahead and try to bang a nail in you got hurt, so it leverages the ability to have something that changes the scope of what you are capable of. Hence the reason why if you own a business, you hire people for what purpose will leverage.
Speaker 2: That's good.
Speaker 1: What was Daniel to the king? Leverage? Good leverage to see because that now helped the king do more because he had someone with him. Oh my goodness y'all. So then if leverage helps us to do more, then when he says you have power, he's not saying that you can physically come and throw this stuff around. What he's saying is you have leverage or you have authority that when I tell you, see, my, my child is young enough at the moment where we can put her into a pen and she cannot get out. Now she has a huge six foot tall elephant to huge. He's indepen with her. She's yet to figure out that she could technically depart that thing.
Speaker 2: She has power,
Speaker 1: but her knowledge is limited. There will come a moment where she will figure out leverage,
Speaker 2: right?
Speaker 1: When she figures out leverage, you will become clear that she actually has an advantage and that advantage is to her favor because it's now leverage. It will now help her to do what she can not.
Speaker 2: That's a good one.
Speaker 1: He says, I gave you power, which has authority to tread on serpents and Scorpions and over all the power, all the ability of the enemy,
Speaker 2: okay, and nothing, nothing, nothing
Speaker 1: shall by any means. So then if I'm wrestling y'all, then that means I can be engaged by things that are trying to hurt me. I can be engaged by people who wants to hurt me. I can be gauged by things that are trying to steal my faith. I can be engaged by. Because if I got a then there's a point
Speaker 3: of wrestling. So it is not that he has taken out of the world all the things that will come against your life. He just wanted you to know that whatever the ability of the enemy is, whatever the strategy of the enemy is, whatever the schemes of the enemy is, you have the victory over that because I've given you authority or mastery over his ability. So if I now have mastery over his ability, then authority has to be rooted in the one who gave it to me. So for example, if I tell somebody who is the head of the Department or or the the cafe area or the books or whatever are, or let's say in a sound booth, if I come to someone in the sound booth and I say, I need you to do this, this and this, and then Elijah who's over the sound booth tells them I want you to do this, this, and this. You do realize that Marty orders are not to be trumped, right? Come on. Because if I gave an order then it better be followed because if it doesn't get followed, then it's his Como Se Llama on. With me, right, but if he gives an order and someone under him gives a countermanding order, then his order stands, so then the nature of what is allowed to occur is dependent upon the one who said it.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: So then the question becomes, as you deal with Satan, are you talking or is God talking? Because if it's you who's talking,
Speaker 2: Huh?
Speaker 3: Then he has no desire, no responsibility to deal with what you said, and then people wonder why they're being ignored,
Speaker 2: right? That's right.
Speaker 3: See, the value of the authority is based on the one who gave it. This is why Jesus said, behold, I give you power. Jesus is letting you know that if you functioned in the power of his might, I gave you power and the power I gave you didn't come from you. It came from me. So then my ability or the authority, you now have it legally whether you operate in it or not.
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 3: It's up to you. See, even if you don't think you have authority,
Speaker 2: wow.
Speaker 3: You have it anyway. Whether you believe that God has given you authority does not change whether you have.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: What it changes is whether you function in, would it changes, is how much mastery you are exercising over the ability.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So then Ken, the enemy hurts you.
Speaker 1: Yes. Yes he can.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: Can he trip you up? Yes he can. If you have a full revelation of your authority and mastery over his ability, now can hear it. You know, so then what is the answer? It is not your ability to know what authority is. It's your revelation of whether or not you have it.
Speaker 1: That's right. Let's go to a Ephesians one. Ephesians one. Hallelujah. My microphone going in and out.
Speaker 3: Let me get blessed. Be God forevermore here. Here's an order straight from the top.
Speaker 1: Make sure this thing gets fixed. All those concerned is heard, right? So ephesians chapter one, verse one,
Speaker 3: Paul An Apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God to the saints which are at Ephesus and to the faithful in Christ Jesus. So now let's be very, very clear who writing to he's writing to the church or the saints, the believers who were at emphasis and to whomever else believes.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 3: So then that makes this letter not only to the Church of emphasis, but also to the church here. It's still important. Yes. Okay. So then say he's talking to me.
Speaker 1: Okay. That was the weakest branch. Water. Y'All
Speaker 3: say he's talking to me. There you go. Grace be to you and peace from God our father and from the Lord Jesus Christ. Blessed be the God and father of our Lord Jesus Christ who has blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places. What has he done? Did he? It doesn't say he will bless us.
Speaker 1: It says he hath. So when did he do it? Then? It's already done. Oh, not some. So
Speaker 3: then if he has already blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places, in according as He hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the that we should be. And without before him in love having predestinated us unto the adoption of children, by Jesus Christ to himself according to what reason. So then you have been predestinated because some people you know talk about destiny and they get that all messed up. They think destiny means that you have that God has a full plan for your life and all you are as a drone, a rolling in a world that you have no control over, and that's not it. Predestinated means that God has a plan for your life and the plan for your life is something that is very specific to God, but it often can be nebulous to you. It's. It can be a theorial to you. It can be so out there, a vapor and smoke that you have to work to achieve or to understand what that will is concerning your life, which is why verse 16, he says to the praise and the glory of His grace wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved is ever six or 16. 16. One six, cease not to give thanks for you making mention of you in my prayers and I watched what he says to them. That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him that the eyes of your understanding being enlightened, that you may know what is the hope of his calling, what is the riches of the glory of his inheritance? Where is it so then if he says he has already given you or blessed you with all spiritual blessings, he is not now praying that you would get blessed. He's not saying, I pray for you guys that you would get blessed. I pray for you that you will be blessed. I pray for you.
Speaker 4: So many believers talk like that. I'm praying that you get blessed the Lord bless them. Lord bless them. Bless me with what? That he has not already given me. If he has given me all spiritual blessing, then when you run around talking about bless them, Lord and bless them with this and bless them with that. What in the world are you talking about? We already have all spiritual blessing, so then the nature of what he now is telling them is that I pray that the eyes of your understanding being enlightened, that you may know what is the hope of his calling, what is the riches of the glory that he has? Put where in you he didn't hide it from you. He hid it in you.
Speaker 1: Go back for a second burst. Thank you sir. Working it that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory may give unto you a car, a house, a bunch of stuff, some money. The spirit of wisdom. In what? In what did are you telling me that my ability to function in the blessing of the pod model life is increased by my knowledge of
Speaker 4: so then when he says to you, seek ye first the Kingdom of God and his righteousness and all these things will be added unto you. Then the primary focus is to get hot after God. The primary focus is to chase after him, and as you increase in your revelation of who he aided, you will increase in your role of what he gave you,
Speaker 1: so then that the father or that the god of our Lord Jesus, the Father of glory may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him, the eyes of your understanding being enlightened, that you may know what is the hope of his calling and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance. Where do you put it? Great. Keep going. And what is the exceeding greatness of his power? To whom? Who Do what? So if you don't believe, is there any possible way he's talking to you? Believe what? What's the subject he's talking about? He's talking about your revelation
Speaker 2: of God
Speaker 1: to us. Word. I, I, uh, I got to work this thing. Just because you're in church don't mean you're a Christian. There's a lot of people in church that ain't Christians. So then he says to us, word who do what? So then he's not just speaking only to believers in terms of their Christianity, because why would he say to us work if it was just everybody who's a Christian is a believer, then he would not have to say to us were who believe? How can you have us word who don't believe? Unless what you're believing is not rooted in your salvation.
Speaker 3: It is rooted in. Do you even believe the revelation? You know sometimes you'll deal with people and they'll be like, I'm believing for my healing. I'm just waiting on my healing. I'm like, what are you waiting on? You are preaching a different doctrine. It's something I do not know because if he has already, when he said it was finished, he meant it was finished. How many have ever said something's finished and it ain't finished? That wasn't lying. So he said, it's finished. Then guess what? So then what? So then what are we talking about when we say, well, we're waiting on. You're not waiting on him. We're waiting on you to come into the fullness of the revelation in the knowledge of him. Because the moment you come into the fullness of the revelation, then you will have
Speaker 2: they.
Speaker 3: She says, isn't it interesting how Paul said, I'm praying for you. I'm praying that you have every blessing and that you have get this and you get a car and you get a new house and you know, they didn't have cars back then, so they had Campbell lax. So you know, I'm want you to get a new cadillac and you know, and Jesus, his first car was one accord and so you know, so you know, he didn't say, I'm just praying that you get all this stuff. He said, I'm praying that you come to the fullness of the revelation of who God is so that as you come to the revelation and the knowledge of him, that the eyes of your understanding may become enlightened, that you may know what is the hope of his. So then it is not the fact of whether or not I have it or don't have it. It's whether you know you have it now becomes oppressive. This to why you are either going to walk in it
Speaker 2: or you don't,
Speaker 3: which comes down to the very rudimentary aspect of faith.
Speaker 2: Uh Huh.
Speaker 3: Faith in itself is to have what you do not see. It's to believe in what you cannot tangibly put your hands on, but you believe it anyway and so in that if we already have this than illegally belongs to you, and now what you have to do is you now have to know and act on it. So when the Bible says that you shall know the truth and the truth will set you free. If and, and she's not, but let's say if our sister here was bound up with the devil, she's not, but if she was, which she is not, but if she wants, and I said to her girl truths, two plus two equals four. It is that truth, but is that going to help her? Is she going to get set free? Jesus can't be talking about all truth,
Speaker 2: right?
Speaker 3: I don't care what you suffer through, deal with or have in your life. That is not the truth. That might be a
Speaker 2: great
Speaker 3: what Jesus was saying. We said the truth shall set you free. He was saying the truth.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: You know, it's funny because people talk about Christianity. You're like, well, you know, Christianity too restrictive and, and there's too many rules and there's too many. You know, I, I just believe if God were around today, he changed things and things would be different and you know, things that he was against in the Bible, he's not against anymore. And, and they, and then they call it per being progressive and it call it being liberal. And they call it being demonic. I mean they don't call it that, but so, so then what happens is the truth of God's word becomes relegated to the narcissistic deification of their own selves. Besides God thinks like me. No, he doesn't. And so if there is a truth,
Speaker 2: oh,
Speaker 3: it always has to subordinate itself to the truth.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 3: Because a truth will not set you free. A truth could keep you in bondage, but the truth. Well, I just don't want to be bound up all the rules. The truth of the matter is those who are outside of the world or outside of the church in the world, they have no idea. They are the ones who were bound on their way to hell with gasoline drawers on well while the church sits idly by watching this whole thing happen. Knowing the truth.
Speaker 2: Okay,
Speaker 3: but sacrificing at the pool of popularity to embrace a truth.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: Oh my goodness. This Sunday morning I want to. I, I, I could get after that. This was Wednesday night. Y'All be in trouble, but since this is Sunday morning, we were getting ready to baptize and folks and stuff.
Speaker 1: So I'm going to take. I'm going to take it easy on you. What was washed ashore first? John First. John Chapter Four, verse four.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 1: Michael, you'll love this promise you.
Speaker 2: Oh Great.
Speaker 1: You just might take off running. You Ready? Yara have little children and have overcome them because greater is he that is in the many. A Christian has used this as rhetoric to imply the strength in their ability to accomplish a task.
Speaker 2: Yup.
Speaker 1: So you know, you'll say you'll be faced with something and you'll say, greater is he that is in me than he that is in the world and I'm, I can overcome that. I'm greater than that. I can get this thing, I can buy that house. I get that new car, I can do this thing, I can get that new job.
Speaker 2: Right? Right.
Speaker 1: Here's the problem. That's not what he's talking about.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Year of God, little children and have overcome. This is one of them places where Christians, boy, hey, they liked to grab on the soundbites. One of the problems with the media is that depending on the sound you grab, you can make anybody say anything. I don't care what it. I don't care what side of the political aisle you, you believe in. I don't care if you like our president. Don't like our president. If I was him, I quit. I tell y'all, y'all can take this job and shove it. You Ain't gonna talk to me and talk about me. Like I'm a dog. I don't care what side of the fence you're on. I just have never seen anybody get disrespected constantly and when they talk about one person who passes away and they say, you should honor his office, don't get me started. No, nevermind, nevermind. I'm done. God, little children and have overcome them. What them see, this is where Christians use sound soundbites. See, they pick a little pieces because it sounds good. Greater is he that is in me than he does in the world. They got a little son on their chest, Super Christian. Can we go to verse one? Beloved, believe not every capitalists or lowercase, so what does that speaking to? Spirits that are not of God, not the Holy Spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world, hereby know ye the spirit of God. Capital S, lowercase. Speaking of the Holy Spirit of God, every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ is come in, the flesh is of God, and every spirit that confesses, not that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh, like a tongue twister is not of God, and this is that spirit of anti means. Stand against Christ means the anointed Messiah. One, what is the subject matter here? Spirits that are not of God, demons, Scorpions, serpents,
Speaker 2: he says
Speaker 1: that are of this. Now, that spirit of the antichrist whereof you have heard that it should come and even now already is.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 3: So now what is he talking about when he says, and you are of God little children and have overcome them. Stop talking like that's an empowerment for you to go get a new job because that's not what it is. Although he can be.
Speaker 2: That's good,
Speaker 3: but the greater issue is that I have overcome,
Speaker 2: right?
Speaker 3: The spirits in the world,
Speaker 2: right? Yeah,
Speaker 3: because greater is the one who gave me authority,
Speaker 2: right?
Speaker 3: Because he's in me than he that is in the world, so that if the one who gave me the greater authority than that means everything else that might have some authority. When it comes into the realm of Christ, when it comes into the presence of Christ, when it comes into the face to face with Christ, it must take a knee because it just recognize that the greater authority has just stepped in the room. So then if Christ be in you, then when you stepped into the room,
Speaker 1: you ready? First Samuel Seventeen. We're going to close. You know what I mean? Is when a preacher says they're going to close, you know what it means when a preacher looks at their watch, not a thing, but I promise you we're going to close. You Ready? Okay.
Speaker 3: It says verse two, first Samuel Seventeen, verse two, and solve the men of Israel gathered together and pitched them the value of Isla and set the battle in an array against the Philistines. The philistines stood on a mountain on one side, and Israel stood on the mountain on the other side, and there was a valley in between them and there weren't a champion out of the way of the Philistines named Goliath, of Gath, whose height was six cubits and a span, which means he was almost 10 feet tall. He had a helmet of brass upon his head and he was armed with a coat of mail. Uh, the weight of that coke was 5,000 shekels of brass, which means his weight of the chain mail that he wore was almost between a hundred and 50 to 200 pounds. That was about the weight of David in the army or in the armor that he wore. Now, now watch this as in the Philistine, verse 10. And the Philistine said, I defy the armies of the Israel this day. Give me a man that we may fight together and solve. And all Israel heard those words of the Philistines and they were just made. And what now? David was the son of the path, right? And the Bethlehem, him Judah, whose name was jessie, thank God, didn't call him Jesse because we could not keep saying that name 50 million times. And he had eight sons and the man went among men for an old man of the days of Saul. And in the three eldest sons of Jesse went and follows salt to battle. And the name of three sons was les the first firstborn at Dema. Dab and Shama. And David was the youngest. And the three eldest followed Saul. So now Jesse tells David, he says, for the sake of time, he tells David, I want you good out here. Take your brother some food day out on the battlefield. And so here David goes out there, verse 20. David rose up early in the morning, he left the sheep with the keeper and took and went as Jesse had commanded him. And he came to a trench and host was going forth to fight and shouted for the battle for Israel. And the Philistines had put the battle in array army against army. And David left his carriage and the hand of the keeper of the carriage and ran to the army and came a slew his brother. And as he talked with him, behold there came up the champion, the Philistine of Gath, Goliath by name, out of the armies of the Philistines, and speak according to the same words. And David heard them all, the men of Israel, when they saw the man fled from him and were sore afraid, the men of Israel said, have you seen this man that come out surely to defy Israel is he come up? And it shall be that the man who killed with him the king will enrich him with great riches, will give him his daughter and make his father's house
Speaker 1: free in Israel. David's speak up to the manager said, Whoa, Whoa, Whoa, wait, wait, wait, hold on. What would be done to the dude who kills this guy? And so they told it to him one more time and it says, what shall be done to the man that killed this Philistine? Take away the reproach from Israel for who is this uncircumcised Philistine that he should defy the armies of Israel.
Speaker 2: Huh?
Speaker 1: That's what says, who is this uncircumcised Philistine that he should defy the armies of Israel? See, I was trying to throw it out. One pasture. See the entire time the army of Israel is being threatened and they're all afraid. Goliath is screaming. I came to kill the army of Israel. David's the first person that said you are not coming against. He called him an uncircumcised Philistine. Now you have to understand something because in today's modern world, we think of circumcision as one particular thing that involves the member of a male's body, right? But to call somebody uncircumcised is to refer to the covenant,
Speaker 2: right?
Speaker 1: Because see, circumcision was the sign of the covenant. So, and of course that's all been washed out, you know, from years and years of years of just being secular. But the reality is that circumcision was assigned to the covenant. And so when he called him an uncircumcised Philistine, he said, how dare this non Covenant Person Come against a covenant? So watch what he says, and a verse Twenty Eight, Leo Abs, oldest brother heard, when he spake unto the men Leo, anger was kindled against. David said, why comes down hither with whom has now left a few sheep in the wilderness. I know that I pride Nadia, so that heart for the outcome down that you might see the battle, he called them newsy. Now the Bible says David left them with the keeper so he didn't abandon the sheep in the wilderness, but his older brother is calling the question his character. He says, the only reason why you're here is you want to see what's going on.
Speaker 2: Great
Speaker 3: David responses. What have I done now? Any of you to have older siblings. Nevermind, I'm the youngest. I feel them, but what I do now, what is it that you have a problem with? Now I'm down here to bring you all food dad sent me and you overhear running from this uncircumcised Philistine and you got the nerve to ask me and say the naughtiness of my art. He says, is there not a verse 31? When the words were heard, which Davis spoke, they rehearsed them before saul and he sent for him, and then David said to saul,[inaudible], no man's heart fail. Verse 32, because of him, that server will go and fight with this Philistine. Saul said to David, now, we're not able to go against this Philistine to fight for you are but a youth, and this man has been at war from his youth. Then David Said Unto Saul, Thy Servant kept his father's sheep. There came a lion and a bear and they took a lamb out of the flock. I went out after him, smote him and delivered it out of his mouth, and when he arose against me, I caught him by his beard and smote him and slew him. Thy Servant slew both the lion and the bear, and this uncircumcised Philistine shall be just as one of them, seeing he has defied the armies of Israel. David said, moreover, the Lord delivered me out of the Paul, the line out of the Paul the bear. He will deliver me out of the hand of this Philistine. Saul said to David, the Lord be with you. In other words, in the name of the bar, dreaded vet the spirit through Santa Fe, all up in here, a saw arm David with his armor, he put a helmet of breast upon his head and arm them with the coat of mail. David Gergen his sword upon his army to say to go, but then he could not prove it. In other words, he did not work with this type of stuff. David put his armor on top of it. See, you better be careful,
Speaker 2: right?
Speaker 3: Thinking that you can take what other people, because when other people can work with may not be the same as what you because God is using you, but he's not the one. Listen to me. God is not the one who's going to step out of the battle. Let you handle it.
Speaker 2: Oh God.
Speaker 3: This is the problem with authority and no point in time did David want to deal as if this was him. He said, the Lord delivered
Speaker 4: me out of the hands of the bear and out of the paw of the lion, the Lord is the one who fought that battle and he will do the same thing with this Philistine right here, so don't be afraid. I'm going to go out there and handle this thing since y'all. You said I'm going to be rich. I get your daughter and my whole family gets set free. Dude, you have no idea what we fitting to do.
Speaker 1: Watch this. The Philistine looked about Saul, David and disdained him for his buddy youth ready, fair continence. Philistine said to David, my dog, that you come to me with sticks and the Philistine cursed David by his gods. You wonder why people in the world hates you.
Speaker 2: Great.
Speaker 4: You wonder why people in the world seem to have an unusual animosity
Speaker 1: towards you.
Speaker 4: You could say something about how, uh, you might be getting ready to jump off a bridge and nobody will say a word to you. You say something about how God deals with certain sexual sin. You say something about how God feels about homosexuality. You say something about how God feels about anything related to them, little hot buttons that people got, and son, they will unleash a fury on you that you had never seen before, you. They will not be articulate when it comes to solving their math problems, but let's you say something that defies their gods. All the sudden your hate speech. You're not a good Christian. You don't love all people and their anger against you. It doesn't match the situation. Goliah said, you sent this little boy with a stick there. Come and mess with me. Are y'all crazy?
Speaker 1: You better realize something. The world doesn't like you, and if you're a person who struggles with being liked all the time, you'll be a sunflower. You'll play to whatever direction the Sun is going. Not The son, son, nevermind. Watch what he says. Philistine said to David, come to me and I will give them flesh unto the fowls of the air and to the beasts of the field. Then David said to the Philistine, the outcome is to me, with a sword, with a spear, with a shield, but I come to you in the name of the Lord of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have defiled
Speaker 4: this day. Will the Lord deliver the into my hand and I will smite and
Speaker 1: I will take your head off. Dave knew I toss a smack. Watch verse 47. He explains to you why he says in all this assembly shall know that the Lord save not with a sword and a spear for the battle. Look somebody to tell them it's already done. You're ready. Yeah. It came to pass when the Philistines arose and came and drew nigh to meet David. David hasten ran towards the army to meet the Philistine. David put his hand in his bag, took out a stone of slung it and smote the Philistine in his forehead. The stone sunk into his forehead and he fell upon his face. Did hear David prevailed over the Philistine with a sling and with a stone and smote the Philistine, slew him, but there was no sword in the hand of David. David ran and stood upon the Philistines, took his sword, drew it out of the sheath thereof, and slew him and cut his head off with his own weapon.
Speaker 4: See what you have to understand. There are things that God has uniquely made in you that you are skilled with because you have tested it and proved it. God has developed you over the time to be able to stand before any giants. Quit telling the problems and and and literally trying to make everybody feel sorry for you. It is not about the problem. Start telling the giant how big your God is. Realizing that you were made a certain way, that God uniquely designed you and the weapons of your warfare are not carnal, but they are mighty through God to the pulling down so that when God is in your life, he is already given you the authority and the ability to deal in a situation. Quit trying to pick up somebody else's armor. Quit looking at somebody else and trying to be like them. Quit trying to be something that you are not. You have uniqueness in you and God will use what is already in you. David didn't eat a sword and notice the weapon that was forged against him. What was the weapon he used
Speaker 1: already done? This is why I said I give you. See you warriors David one before he got on the battlefield.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, everybody else is scared y'all. I hate 10 feet tall. His armor way more. Not Do. David's like, I don't care how armor he got. I don't care how much trash he talks. He's not fighting me. The Bible says David ran to the battle. You know last summer, you all struggling with the battle you're in. You will run to it. You sitting up on the hill talking about it. I sure wish God would give me a little bit more money. I sure wish God would do that. Can you hear me? Jesus said, I gave you. I have blessed you with all so anything that comes against you is not coming against you, is coming against me. The tenure and so the battle is not yours. Battles mind, and if in fact the battle is mine that's already done. All I need you to do, so walk in it. There's little difference between the man who won't read and a man who can't. Your revelation has got to come to the point where you have the victory before you even step out the fight. Winning is not done on the battlefield. Winning has done before I even got there. This is why this is such a huge principle when it comes to the Ottawa because truthfully, many people are afraid before the battle even starts,
Speaker 2: right,
Speaker 1: and you pray out of fear and not out of faith. If you're going to pray out of faith, then you're gonna. Start commanding some things to happen and you know it's already highly while I'm out of town, blessed be God forevermore. Father, we just thank you.