Ep 4: Crazy for You - First Relationships
Feb 12, 2020
Eve Simon & Sacha Cohen
Ah, dating in the 80s and 90s...
- Eve discovers boys and Bulletin Board Systems, and becomes Queen of the Geeks.
- Sacha spends high school pining for older boys who don’t pay any attention to her, and in general felt like a big loser until college.
- Sacha’s first college boyfriend, losing her virginity (finally!), and getting alternative mixtapes featuring 4AD bands.
- Eve explores dating an older guy and phone phreaking.
- Dating pre-social media and why we’re so thankful it didn’t exist back then.
- Peer pressure and life before #MeToo
- Sacha sows her wild oats at Model U.N.
- Eve and her boyfriend program side-by-side at computer camp, then he comes to visit at her parent’s house.
- Sacha spends years dating bad boys, and finally meets her husband at age 40.
- Eve (aka “Schoolie”) reconnects with an old love on LinkedIn.
- Leah from the Good Girls Talk About Sex podcast shares her first kiss story.
- Derek narrowly avoids an arranged marriage.
Connect with Us!
Visit GenXStories.com for more GenX stories and information
Subscribe in your favorite podcast app such as Spotify or Apple iTunes.
Follow along on Instagram
Send us an email at email@example.com
Learn more about Eve here
Learn more about Sacha here