Part 1 of “Knowing and Doing the Will of God”
A Series on Experiencing God
by Rev. Dr. Robert Lee
Key Scriptures: “Now this is eternal life: that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent” (John 17:3, NIV).
“And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him” (Col. 3:17, NIV).
Prerequisite: To know the will of God, we must first know God. Knowing God comes through a PERSONAL RELATIONSHIP with Jesus Christ.
• Recognize that you are a sinner (Romans 3:23; 6:23).
• Confess (agree with God about) your sins (Romans 5:8).
• Repent of your sins (turn from sin to God) (Acts 10:43).
• Ask Jesus to save you by his grace (Romans 10:9-10, 13).
• Turn over the rule of your life to Jesus; let him be Lord (Rom. 10:9).
What is the will of God? It is to WALK in the WAYS of God (Col. 3:17)
1. Jesus is our model (John 5:17, 19-20).
2. The Bible is our guide (2 Timothy 3:16).
3. The Holy Spirit is our Teacher (John 14:26).
The Realities of Experiencing God (three of seven):
1. God is always at WORK around you (Ex. 2:23-25).
2. God pursues a love relationship with you that is REAL and PERSONAL (Ex. 24:12, 15-16, 18).
3. God INVITES you to become involved with him in his work (Ex. 3:8, 10).