Part 2 of "Being Rich" Series
KEY THOUGHT: THE WORLD WANTS YOU TO SERVE MONEY.
No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money. (Matthew 6:24, NIV)
MONEY IS THE NUMBER ONE COMPETITOR FOR YOUR HEART. WHY?
MONEY PROMISES WHAT ONLY GOD CAN PROVIDE:
1) HAPPINESS If only I had enough, I’d be happy.
2) SECURITY If only I made_____, I’d feel secure.
Command those who are rich in this present world not to be arrogant nor to put their hope in wealth, which is so uncertain, but to put their hope in God, who richly provides us with everything for our enjoyment. 18 Command them to do good, to be rich in good deeds, and to be generous and willing to share. (1 Tim. 6:17-18, NIV)
God has blessed me with more than I need. I’m rich. I will not trust in RICHES, but in HIM who richly provides.
PEOPLE WHO LOVE AND TRUST MONEY:
1) Never have ENOUGH. Eccl. 5:10; Prov. 18:11
2) Find it increasingly difficult to give BIG. 2 Cor. 8:2-3
3) Have money in the bank, but no PEACE in their hearts. Prov. 15:16
Next Sunday: Being Rich Part 3 “Rich Givers” 2 Cor. 9:11