PART 4 OF “BEING RICH” SERIES
Command those who are rich in this present world not to be arrogant nor to put their hope in wealth, which is so uncertain, but to put their hope in God, who richly provides us with everything for our enjoyment. 18 Command them to do good, to be rich in good deeds, and to be generous and willing to share. (1 Tim. 6:17-18, NIV)
GOD HAS BLESSED ME WITH MORE THAN I NEED. I’M RICH. I WILL NOT TRUST IN RICHES, BUT IN HIM WHO RICHLY PROVIDES. BECAUSE I HAVE MORE, I WILL GIVE MORE AND DO MORE.
WE ARE NOT SAVED BY GOOD WORKS BUT SAVED FOR GOOD WORKS. (Ephesians 2:8-10)
MY GOOD DEEDS…
1. Should point to GOD—not ME. (Matthew 5:14-16)
2. Must help others in the way they NEED it not in the way I WANT to give it.
• Acts 10:38 – Helping without hurting.
• Matthew 5:41 – Truly serving beyond our comfort zone.
3. Will glorify God through his CHURCH.
(Hebrews 10:24-25; Acts 4:33b-34)