Psalm 24 is a Psalm of praise or a liturgical Psalm.
As we come to the Lord's table, how "clean" are we?
The CDC has a five-step guideline for cleaning hands.
As we gather at the table, here are five steps for us as Christians:
1. Wet our hands = come to the Word and do what it says.
2. Lather = take careful stock of who we are in the sight of the Lord.
3. Scrub = get down on hands and knees and confess our unworthiness. What do you need to give up?
4. Rinse = recognize what Christ has done for us. Rinse in the grace and mercy of Christ himself.
5. Dry = Go! Become the hands and feet of Christ himself.
Blessed by God, saved by God, see the face of God!