-We all "do" family in our own ways.
-Not always biological families, but linked by love and common interests.
-A family atmosphere permeates Philemon.
1. Paul writing from prison.
2. Philemon - dear friend & Christian brother - hosted a house church.
3. Onesimus - Philemon's slave
4. Paul asks Philemon to welcome Onesimus back in the faith.
-The church as the family of God: governed by love - the key ingredient. Without love if profits nothing.
1. Refreshing love - rest, relax, restore our hearts, our gut
2. Freeing love - be who we are and do what we do (not an obligation)
3. Welcoming love - forgiving - Paul asked Philemon to welcome Onesimus back and to forgive him