The Bible is our guide regarding the marriage relationship.
Here are some key texts for us:
Genesis 2:18-24; Ephesians 5:25, 31-32; Romans 1:24-28, 32;
1 Corinthians 6:9-10, 18-20; 1Timothy 1:9-11; Galatians 6:7-8.
What do these passages tell us?
1. God created marriage to be between a man and a woman,
not between two men or two women.
2. Gay marriage and homosexual lifestyles are sinful
and not according to God’s design.
3. Sexual relationships outside of marriage
for heterosexuals are sinful as well.
What about church membership here?
1. I do not present people to join this church who are
in a gay marriage or who are living in a homosexual relationship.
2. I do not present people to join this church who are living a
sinful heterosexual lifestyle.
Although all sin is wrong, some sins have a greater consequence
than other sins.
Let us all seek God’s direction as we deal with these sensitive issues.