PRAYER FOR MORE GRACE - Zech. 4:7; James 4:6
The Bible has so much to say about the grace of God.
There at least 169 direct references to the grace of God in the Old and New Testaments.
Apostle Paul alone talked about this theme at least 80 times in his letters.
I will suggest you take time out this week and do a deeper study about the grace of God.
But more importantly, I pray that we all shall experience more of the grace of God today
in Jesus Name.
A. What is Grace?
1. God’s unmerited favour
2. Chen = heb = Grace, favour
3. Charis = grk = Grace, graciousness
4. God’s Riches At Christ Expense (W.F. Kumuyi)
5. Supernatural supplement for daily revitalization -
6. Supernatural strength to do the extraordinary - 2 Cor. 12:9
B. Dimension of God’s Grace
1. God’s grace is boundless
2. God’s grace is inexhaustive (We have been sharing the grace since
we were born and it has never finish or depleted)
3. God’s grace is limitless
4. God’s grace is all encompassing
C. Response to God’s Grace
1. Have a positive attitude towards God’s the grace – 2Tim. 2:1; 2Peter 3:18
2. Do not receive God’s grace in vain – 2Cor. 6;1
3. Do not frustrate the grace of God- Gal. 2:21; Rom. 6:11
D. The Benefits of God’s Grace
1. It will provides Salvation for sinners - Eph. 2:5,8; Titus 2:1
2. It provides divine enablement for accomplishments more than your fellows - 1 Cor. 3:9-10.
It is noteworthy that Apostle spoke more about the grace of God more than any other Bible writer.
This is simply because Paul personally experienced the grace of the Almighty God.
3. It will divinely transform you - 1 Cor. 15:10.
God’s grace will not leave you where it met you. It will always take you higher and higher in God.
4. It will enable you do what you think you do not have the capacity or capability to do - Zech.
5. It will enable you complete your assignment - Zech. 4:7;
6. It provides you with God’s help me in the time of your need - Heb. 4:16.
7. It enables you to be a sacrificial giver - 2 Cor.8:1-7
There are different types of giver in the Bible viz.
Generous givers - 1 Kg. 3:4; 2 Cor. 9:11.
Stingy givers - 2 Cor. 9:6-7
Reluctant givers - 2 Cor. 9:6-7
Cheerful givers - 2 Cor. 9:7
Sacrificial givers - Mk. 12:41-44; 2Cor. 8:1-5.
8. It teaches us to live to please God – Titus 2:15
9. It will keep you from going into oblivion - Acts 15:36-41.
10. Enable you to cope with difficult situations in life (thorny situations of life) - 2 Cor. 12:7-10.
It is my earnest prayer that all of us shall receive more grace to continue to run the race that is
set before us. May the grace of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ continue to be ours in
increasing measure in Jesus Name.
Page 3 of 3 | www.ikoyibaptistchurch.org
1. Gen. 6:8.
2. Isa. 30:18
3. Heb. 4:16
4. James 4:16
5. Num. 6:25