Apart from prayer, God’s word remains His ever-lasting method to bring about the release of
supernatural power. In fact, prayer without the appropriate understanding and backing of
the Word may be ineffective. A. W Tozer says, “Satan’s greatest weapon is man’s ignorance
of God’s Word.”
Living in the realm of the supernatural becomes possible when a believer knows and apply
‘what is written’ (Matthew 4:1-11) against what is happening around. The Word of God is the
‘super’ behind the ‘natural.’ Only the Word can stop the hand of the devil (Matthew 4:11).
A good understanding of the Word sets a believer on the pathway to continuous victory. This
study is meant to stir up our hunger for the Word of God. We can only succeed when we
operate from the platform of the Word. Tonight, we will consider a general overview of the
potency of God’s Word.
1. Mention (with scriptural references) individuals/people in the Bible who depended on the
Word and it worked for them.
2. What is the meaning of the statement, “The word of the Lord came to me”?
3. What truth can we learn about the Word of God from these passages: Zech. 4:8-9; 6:9-11;
7:4-5, 8-11; Jeremiah 1:4-5; 2:1-2; 16:1-4; Ezekiel 1:1-3; 12: 26-28.
4. John 1:1-5. What implications can we draw from the following statements about the
Word, for supernatural life today?
“In the beginning was the Word” (v.1)
“The Word was with God, and the Word was God” (v.1; Hebrews 1:3)
“Through Him, all things were made.......” (v.3; Psalm 33:6; Hebrews 11:3)
“In Him was life, and that life was the light of men” (v.4 Read AMP; Proverbs 3:1-2; Psalm
“The Light shines in the darkness....”(v. 5; Psalm 119:105).
5. What should be our attitude to the WORD? Romans 10:17; Psalm 119:97; John 5:39; Col.
The Word of God is still alive and powerful (Hebrews 4:12). Supernatural power is always
available when we give due diligence to the study of God’s Word. The Word still works!