There are a lot of myths surrounding food safety. In this episode, our guest speaker Dr. Schneider breaks down the truth about these often-heard food safety suggestions:
- Always wash your fruits and vegetables, even when pre-washed.
- Wash raw chicken before cooking.
- Freezing food kills harmful bacteria.
- It’s okay to thaw meat on the counter.
- Check if your meat is done with a thermometer.
- You don’t need to deep clean a grill every time it is used.
Listen in for some helpful tips for keeping food safe over the summer and especially in preparation for holidays, parties and get togethers.
Support the show (https://foginfo.org/donate/)