Youth Ministry Booster Podcast
166: Anne Wilson "Brokenness is our most abundant youth ministry resource" #WomenInYM
October 31, 2018
Zac Workun Chad Higgins Kristen Lascola : After 9 Youth Ministry Podcast | Answering Student Ministry's Most Honest Questions
In this interview with Anne Wilson of Traders Point Christian Church Zac learns much about brokenness and the return to youth ministry after some time away. This is a good one people don't miss it!
Follow @annemwilson on IG and Twitter
Student Groups pastor There and back again
Key Takeaway: “In our weakness we experience we Christ, so if weakness is a ministry resource then we have an abundance of resources”
- Reinvent that for myself when coming back to youth ministry
- Simmer down young student pastor
- Be okay with going to counseling now
- I realized that I had a lot of leftover issues from childhood that I was ministering out of and I needed to become more aware of those and adjust to that.
- Lead students to a leader that could be consistent in their lives.
- My codependency issues were showing up my ministry spaces.
- I’m leading in a space that is new and over my head, but it is in weakness that Christ does really powerful things.
- Mandy Smith “In our weakness we experience we Christ, so if weakness is a ministry resource then we have an abundance of resources”
- We can minister our of brokenness and not be afraid of that.
- If we knew that we were going to insufficient we might be able to lead a little more humbly.
Support the show