What will the cold weather and perhaps the political weather mean for energy prices across Europe?
November 03, 2021
Jeremy Nicholson, Petra Puskarova
In this week’s European energy market podcast Jeremy Nicholson talks to Alfa’s Dr Petra Puskarova about the price volatility in European energy markets and the potential impact of COP26, taking place in Glasgow this week and next.
In this week’s Resonance you will learn:
- Potential for oil prices to go higher and why coal has dipped so much
- Russian flows of gas remain topical with volatility in prices due to flows into different European markets and relative impacts on markets
- Spain’s 25 year transit agreement from Algeria comes to an end and could cause bullish impact as supplies drop to zero
- With current challenges there are calls abound for longer-term gas transit contracts to provide stability in prices and security of supplies also
- Looking at demand for winter we see temperatures remaining below seasonal norms in the short-term and we look at the forecast for the rest of November
- We look at whether COP26 will impact carbon markets