Futures Intelligence Leadership: Innovative Wisdom for Future-Ready Organizations
Episode 2: Placebo Effect, Startup Bias, Empowering Others through Honesty with Dr Kathryn Hall and Chenoa Farnsworth
Nov 25, 2019
Tyler Mongan + Dr Kathryn Hall + Chenoa Farnsworth
This episode of the Futures intelligent Leadership Flowcast features a dialogue with Chenoa Farnsworth (BlueStartups, Hawaii) and Dr Kathryn Hall (Harvard Medical School).
During the flowcast the dialogue explores...
- Why you should not build the future inside an isolated building.
- The Fine line between delusion and competence
- The placebo and transforming ideas into market relevant and investable products and services
- How the placebo effect allows you to create something from nothing.
- The delusions of Theranos
- How to strip bias out of the equation.
- The Hawthorn effect - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hawthorne_effect
- How leaders can use the placebo effect to get by-in on vision
- The value of doubt
- How being honest empowers other and gets results.
Find out more at www.haku.global