Jared Easley, together with co-host Jody Maberry from JodyMaberry.com and host of the new Park Leader’s Podcast, interviewed Terry Starbucker.
Terry Starbucker St. Marie is a native mid-westerner living in Portland Oregon. Terry has 30 years of experience in business and the entrepreneurial world engaged to what he calls “More Human Leadership”. Terry is presently a leadership consultant, strategist, coach, and angel investor. He focuses on leadership, business execution, and customer care.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
People versus Process
Sales pitch versus Value pitch
The will to succeed versus the hope to survive
Dealing with mistakes
The value of setting a price
Why Terry was called Starbucker
Terry’s experiences in Pioneer Nation
The difference between a boss and a leader
“A leader calls people together. A leader goes for a cause greater than themselves. They teach, they lead, and feel.”
Terry’s principles in a “More Human Leadership”
- It can’t be about you but about the team.
- Be a promise keeper. Keep your values.
- Teach more leaders. What you know is a legacy to be passed on.
- Build culture and accountability. Set expectations.
- Keep the fight up. Get ready to face trouble.
- Give people a reason to wake up in the morning.
Three things that makes up a More Human Success for Terry
- Business Success, Team Happiness, and Personal Fulfillment
The common mistakes of entrepreneurs when it comes to Pricing
- Most people under price themselves
- Not understanding that it’s a value pitch not a sales pitch
- The mythical “one spot” market
- People think places shouldn’t change.
How to make your product stand out from other competitors
“If your product is expensive, make your product look expensive.”
Terry defines “Value Pitch.”
The importance of customer feedback
“You can’t serve customers with great product without asking them about that.”
Keys to successful execution
People Terry finds interesting
Connect with Terry at: www.TerryStarbucker.com, @Starbucker
Terry’s message for all the listeners: “Lead well!”
World Domination Summit