Top Real Estate Agents Tell How They Do It: Jere Metcalf Podcast
235. Chris Voss: How to Become a Master Negotiator, and Know It
August 27, 2021
Jere Metcalf Partners
Today's guest, needs no introduction, he is none other than The Chris Voss, Former FBI international hostage and kidnapping negotiator, CEO of Black Swan Group and author of Never Split the Difference (Negotiating As If Your Life Depended On It), perhaps the best book ever published, and not just according to me, but any entity selling or rating books from Amazon.com to the Wall Street Journal.
Today he and I talk about,How to Become a Master Negotiator,
and Know It.
- 01:53 - Meet Chris Voss, former FBI negotiator & author of the best selling book Never Split the Difference
- 06:54 - Turning points in Chris's career, becoming a great negotiator
- 13:49 - Understanding negotiating is a perishable skill and how to stay on top
- 22:00 - The different types of negotiators and how to identify them them
- 26:45 - How you know and how you can be fooled, whether you're dealing with an accommodator, an analyst or an assertive
- 42:01 - About the last impression, why and how it makes the lasting impression
- 47:38 - Handling the the "elephant in the room"
- 51:24 - How to apply empathy & how it works when labeling
- 55:47 - The Final 3
People/ Resources Mentioned -