Thanks for tuning in to the Armor Men’s Health Hour Podcast today, where we bring you the latest and greatest in urology care and the best urology humor out there.
In this segment Dr. Yang and Donna Lee are joined by Dr. Brennan, an emergency room physician practicing in Austin, Texas. As a physician on the front lines of treating the COVID-19 pandemic, Dr. Brennan shares some valuable advice with us today on COVID-19 symptoms, general hygiene practices to lower risk, and when to seek emergency medical attention.
In a previous segment we discussed who should not be coming in to emergency rooms at this time. While any symptoms or changes can be scary, particularly at this time, it is important to still do our part to minimize social crowding and risk of spreading infections.
Dr. Brennan encourages people who are experiencing only mild symptoms (low grade fever 99-102 F, headache, some coughing) to do their best to weather the storm from home. Tylenol can be used to help try to reduce fevers at home.
So, who should be going to the ER?
If you are experiencing any of the following, please do not hesitate to seek medical attention:
- chest pain
- high fever that does not respond to Tylenol
- shortness of breath or gasping for air
Dr. Brennan's Tips for Staying Well:
1. Wash hands for 20 seconds, especially under the nails and thumbs
2. Take a deep breath. In the midst of panic, remember that your mental health still matters. Do your best to limit stress and know that many mental health professionals are still available to help.
3. Watch the news, but do not take statistics too seriously just yet. It's a bit too early to have a real picture of everything going on with COVID-19. Keep on top of changes that may affect your work or home life, but more time is needed for reliable figures to be established.
If you enjoyed today’s episode, don’t forget to like, subscribe, and share us with a friend! As always, be well!
Dr. Mistry is a board-certified urologist and has been treating patients in the Austin and Greater Williamson County area since he started his private practice in 2007.
We enjoy hearing from you! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll answer your question in an upcoming episode!
Phone: (512) 238-0762
Round Rock Office
970 Hester’s Crossing Road
Round Rock, TX 78681
South Austin Office
6501 South Congress
Austin, TX 78745
12505 Hymeadow Drive
Austin, TX 78750
Dripping Springs Office
170 Benney Lane
Dripping Springs, TX 78620