Employer Branding with Eric Harris, MindHandle
January 12, 2023
The HR Gazette
In this episode of the HRchat show, we look at the role of employer branding in 2023; what it means today, and how it makes an impact.
Listen as we discuss ways larger companies with distributed workforces are investing in employer branding efforts to improve recruiting, retention, and engagement rates.
Bill's guest this time is Eric Harris, CEO of MindHandle and Communications Professor at Texas Christian University Neely School for Executive Education.
With the goal of making employees feel great about their employer, Eric and his team offer a process called Magnetic Branding to get the strongest insights about the employee experience and how to communicate it to improve recruiting and retention.
Questions For Eric Include:
- How can organizations take the lessons from systems that create a positive customer experience to improve the employee experience?
- What are some of the common challenges for projecting an appealing employer brand?
- Why is it important for companies to have an engaging employer brand? What are some of the big challenges and opportunities in 2023? E.g. competition for unskilled workers is still fierce despite the economic downtown.
- How to sabotage an employer brand overnight?
- "At MindHandle we call it magnetism. A strong employer brand will attract the right customers and repel the wrong ones. A strong consumer brand will deliver great employees and improve retention if leveraged correctly. Neither works in a vacuum. Starve one and the other withers.” Can you explain the notion of 'magnetism’ in the context of employer branding?
- How can companies do a better job of measuring culture fit during the hiring process?
- Who should be involved in the hiring process?
- What are your top three tips for HR pros to work with internal comms., marketing, leadership and employees to create and maintain an awesome employer brand?
We do our best to ensure editorial objectivity. The views and ideas shared by our guests and sponsors are entirely independent of The HR Gazette, HRchat Podcast and Iceni Media Inc.