HRchat Podcast - Interviews with HR, Talent and Tech Experts
#318: The State of Canadian Recruiting w/ Jesse Ryan, High Road Human Capital
July 23, 2021
The HR Gazette
More than half of employees surveyed in North America plan to look for a new job this year, according to one report, while separate research shows that a quarter of workers plan to quit their jobs outright once the pandemic subsides and recruiting efforts ramp up (even more).
In HRchat episode 318, Bill Banham invites Jesse Ryan, Founder of High Road Human Capital, back on to the show to talk about what the latest labor market trends actually mean and how recruiters and hiring managers can stand above the crowd during the new and super-fierce war for talent.
- Paint a picture of the labor market as we come out of the worst of Covid
- What is High Road seeing in the market from your clients and sales prospects?
- What does the surge in hiring mean for recruiters? How can TA pros jump on this in profitable and sustainable ways?
- Are those with more technical skills better placed to quickly re-enter the workplace?
- What are the challenges for HR departments right now when it comes to attraction and onboarding?
- Once 'enough' people feel comfortable that the economy is back up and running in a safe way, what will be the challenges for HR in three to six months?
- Given the huge amounts of layoffs as a result of coronavirus, did we see many companies successfully adopting new automated alternatives to duties performed by humans, or did leaders get used to, and benefit from, reduced numbers of employees augmented by work from home technologies?