HRchat Podcast - Interviews with HR, Talent and Tech Experts
#322: HCM and Time and Attendance Tech w/ Colin Leatherbarrow and Ben Lagden, GT Clocks
August 03, 2021
The HR Gazette
In this HRchat, we consider HCM and time and attendance solutions to solve some big issues faced by businesses when managing their workforce.
Bill's guests this time are Colin Leatherbarrow, Technical Director, and Ben Lagden, Head of Product at GT Clocks / Grosvenor Technology who've been a market-leading manufacturer of Human Capital Management Solutions for over 35 years.
- Grosvenor Technology & GT Clocks claim to offer more than traditional time clocks. You speak a lot about data privacy and management, tell me more?
- “Buddy-punching” is a term used to describe the process of one employee fraudulently clocking in for another employee. How does your tech combat this practice?
- The word 'biometrics' is mentioned a lot in Time & Attendance these days, although there are some reservations about collecting people's data via face scans etc, I believe face recognition combats this by mapping the face as opposed to photographing it? Could you tell us more? And does fingerprint technology do the same thing?
- How has the pandemic influenced the use of Biometric Technology in the industry?
- Visitors, sickness, vacation, plus time and attendance are all administered through your tech to offer staff insight without the traditional admin hassles. How does it work?
- How can companies manage multiple HCM terminals in different locations at the same time?
We do our best to ensure editorial objectivity. The views and ideas shared by our guests and sponsors are entirely independent of The HR Gazette, HRchat Podcast, and Iceni Media Inc.