Compliance Tech to Give Employees a Voice w/ Scott Lane, Speeki
November 04, 2021
The HR Gazette
Compliance is a critical function of the HR department. HR is tasked with making sure that hiring practices, workplace rules, treatment of employees, and a variety of other factors all comply with the relevant laws.
In today's episode, we will talk about compliance and suggest some ways that one's compliance reporting platform can lift the load and open up new insights.
Bill's guest this time is Scott Lane, Founder and CEO of Speeki™, a group focused on transforming compliance hotlines and other compliance areas using Ai technologies.
Questions For Scott Include:
- How can we begin to build companies and workforces rich in integrity and with a common set of shared values?
- You recently offered ten top ways to use one's compliance reporting platform to drive value. Can you share some of those with us now?
- In February 2021, Speeki surveyed global compliance officers to assess what their thoughts were on the ‘value’ of compliance to a business. The survey found that only around 20% of participants effectively map against business goals, with the remaining 80% attempting to align their goals with the business but doing so poorly. What can happen to performance when goals are not mapped against the business correctly or even at all?
- Let's talk about the employee voice. If employees don't (feel like they) have a voice inside the company, then won't they just go outside the company to voice their concerns? E.g. Glassdoor or quitting. How important is dialogue to retention during this Great Resignation?
- How can companies build an ecosystem where people feel comfortable raising issues without fear of retaliation?
We do our best to ensure editorial objectivity. The views and ideas shared by our guests and sponsors are entirely independent of The HR Gazette, HRchat Podcast and Iceni Media Inc.