What does "representation matters" mean? Ryan Tolbert of Tru-Colour Bandages joins Kayla Craig and Lindsy Wallace to discuss what representation is, why it matters, their own representation experiences, and how they believe a kinder, more inclusive planet is in our future.
In this episode, we:
- Learn the Tru-Colour Bandages origin story;
- Unpack what it means to say “representation matters”;
- Share our own personal representation experiences;
- Learn about the relationship between representation and diversity;
- Discuss how we can increase the diversity in our lives.
Join us as we explore how representation and diversity benefit all of us.
Recommended reading & resources:
Shop: Tru-Colour Bandages at Target
Watch: W. Kamau Bell's Netflix Special, "Private School Negro"
Watch: Chris Rock's Documentary "Good Hair"
Listen: Once Upon a Time in Wakanda
News, Notes, and Links:
- If you’d like to support us to keep Upside Down Podcast ad-free, please visit upsidedownpodcast.com/give, where you can pledge a few dollars of monthly support to help us pay our bills and keep the conversations going.
- Visit Upside Down Podcast's website to learn more
- Join the Upside Down Tribe on Facebook