Buying at Auction
Auctions are rapidly gaining in popularity as a proven method to buy and sell real estate. Auctions generate excitement because of the time-limited aspect of the transactions. They can also provide flexibility to accommodate individual needs. Most importantly THEY WORK.
Virtually all classes of real estate are sold at John Dixon & Associates’ auctions. We routinely offer properties from individuals, financial institutions, trustees, REITs, hedge funds, and major corporations.
We welcome you to read more about JDA and the auction process ... and we look forward to seeing you at an auction soon!
The Advantages of Buying at Auction
- You set your purchase price
- Eliminates long negotiation periods
- Opportunity for a good value
- Transparent, simple transaction
- Guaranteed insurable title
- Our team is dedicated to making the process simple and for you
Things To Know Before You Bid
- Auctions are open to the public
- Properties marked “Absolute” sell regardless of the price
- Online Bidding - Registration is open about 7 days prior to the event. Make sure to review the online bidding terms as well as the general terms and conditions for each property being auctioned
- Live Bidding – Registration is open one hour prior to the event. Make sure to review the terms and conditions for the auction. You will need to bring a drivers license or other photo id for registration
- If you are bidding on behalf of someone else make sure to bring a notarized power of attorney
- Earnest money deposits can be made in the form of wire transfers (required for online purchases), cash, certified checks, personal or business check. Types of payments may vary per auction. Please review the terms and conditions of each auction
- If taking title in a partnership, corporation or trust, you will need to provide a Partnership Agreement, Articles of Incorporation, trust documentation or other necessary proof of signing authority
- If you need financing make sure you have approval from your lender prior to bidding. Properties are sold as-is and without a financing contingency
To speak with a John Dixon Associates representative directly, call 800-479-1763.