Speaker 1: So what's malark?
Speaker 2: Malark is the shortened version of malarky.
Speaker 1: Oh, so it's not like ma-robin or ma-jay or ma-oreal.
Speaker 2: Oh, no, A bird. You're speaking bird language Right like malark. I said all this malark with these button turnings to get the volume levels right. It's too much. I'll tell you what.
Speaker 1: What After I retire? We're going to get some good levels. Right, it's too much. I'll tell you what. What After I retire? We're going to get some good equipment.
Speaker 2: The good stuff.
Speaker 1: The good stuff like Benjamin and Crooked Hat have.
Speaker 2: Okay, I know who you're talking about.
Speaker 1: What's his name? Daniel? Oh, daniel. Sorry, daniel, I can't ever remember your name.
Speaker 2: It's a problem you have.
Speaker 1: I guess with name remembering this is Enormous. With your hosts Harley and KC, you know that's coming up more and more. Are you having a name thing? Yep, everybody I know is having trouble remembering names of things and people.
Speaker 2: So all my life I had this thing with numbers. I have this weird, strange numerical dyslexia and I've had it since kindergarten. Okay, and I think I had a mean kindergarten teacher who still slapped the hand with the ruler for things and regarding numbers, I got my hand slapped a few times. So numbers make me nervous, okay, and then uh, with that nervousness then also comes this weird dyslexia thing where I turn stuff around. So I used to hate it when somebody would ask me what, what time is it?
Speaker 1: Why? What would you say? I would?
Speaker 2: freeze up, and then I would reverse the numbers.
Speaker 1: Oh, like if it was 3.30, you'd say 11.30?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just messed them around.
Speaker 1: Something yeah.
Speaker 2: And so I feel like now I have that feeling. When, like somebody asked me yesterday, what is your truck, I couldn't say 2,500 HD diesel Silverado. I could not get those words out, I really couldn't say it. It made me look. I felt like I looked like a crazy fool because I couldn't say what it was.
Speaker 1: That's hit me more and more and I think part of it might be the heat. I think Big Fatty said that young Nicholas had to go home early from work one day because he got too hot, A little heat exhaustion, and I think that's really true. I'm not drinking enough water and I think that when it gets really hot like this, if we're dehydrated particularly as older people I heard we don't feel thirsty.
Speaker 2: I was just going to say that that I started drinking water, I got on this water kick and I feel like it helps me feel a little better.
Speaker 1: I think it would help me too, but sometimes I forget. So that would make sense that in the summer, when we're dehydrated and we're hot, our brains aren't functioning as well and we forget. A few more words. Yeah, I hope. That's all it is. It also might be that most of our friends are our age and our age is just having this issue.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're coming to the point where we're going to forget words anyway.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't know what happens with the system. I've always thought of it as a roll-top desk and you open the front of the roll-top desk and inside are all the little letterboxes. Maybe I've said this before. See, that goes with age too, right it?
Speaker 1: does Probably repeating myself.
Speaker 2: You are yeah, okay, and I don't have access to all those letterboxes like I used to.
Speaker 1: No, I don't either, which is why I started that timetable thing we talked about before.
Speaker 2: I like it, I like that and I like a lot of things like that, lists and stuff. I used to be irritated at people that would write on the back of pictures Not that we have paper photos anymore, but I would think, ooh, they've ruined their photo by writing on the back of it. But if I had paper?
Speaker 1: photos. Right now I'd probably be writing on the back of them dates, and me too, but you know what I do with my iphone pictures what if I have time, I go in and I put a caption oh yes and that's just like writing on a picture. Yeah, it's metadata, but it right, it's pretty cool. Yeah, that's a good idea it's a good way for searching your photos too. When you've got 14 000 or however many photos I have on my freaking phone, yeah, that's really, that's another AI thing that they could begin to improve.
Speaker 2: I think, oh, wouldn't that be great. Photo searching by terms. They will, it'll happen.
Speaker 1: Well, they could even categorize. I mean, they could use AI to actually look for location and time and put all those in one sort of sequential group.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it just needs to be refined. I can go to my iPad now and to the pictures, the photos, and say dog, right, and it'll try to pull up dog pictures, you know. So it's getting there.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Now, if it could just think of words for us, yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, help us with it. Yeah, can we wear a little earbud in our ear that just when we start to fumble and stumble over our words, the little earbud just tells us the word in our ear? So we could say it right away how about this?
Speaker 1: A new hearing aid that connects to your iPhone and your iPhone has the AI software in it that can tell you what you're supposed to say, what you mean. I don't want to say anything political, but what I could say is, with that kind of AI, biden would have been a lot better on it. On the debate. And's the end of our politics that's the end of our politics, or today? Yeah, if you had a little AI in his ear. Yes, I do have some news. You do. Yeah, this, just in this, just in. Yeah, a truck loaded with thousands of copies of Roger's thesaurus crashed yesterday, losing its entire load. Oh well, losing your load isn't always a bad thing. No, witnesses were stunned, startled, agh, taken aback, stupefied, confused, shocked, rattled, paralyzed, dazzled, bewildered, mixed up, surprised, awed, dumbfounded, nonplussed, flabbergasted, astounded, amazed, confounded, astonished, overwhelmed, horrified, numbed, speechless and perplexed. Numbed, horrified, numbed, speechless and perplexed. So maybe, maybe, just maybe, ai will be able to do that for us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it'll get there.
Speaker 1: So we're at Costco, we're making our weekly trip for Old Person's Day at Costco and we find a salesperson to help us. We can't find something that we're looking for. We go up to the salesperson and we say, excuse me, could you help me find the? Oh, I can't think of the word. It's round, it's sweet. And then AI is whispering in your ear pie lollipop all the things that are round and sweet. And you go yeah, pie, pie, apple pie. Oh yeah, they're over here. Wouldn't that be great, it would be helpful. We wouldn't have to think anymore.
Speaker 2: Right, well, you can imagine just going back to the truck. You know somebody saying, oh, what is that truck? Didn't I look like a dodo bird, like not being able to say, oh, it's a 2500 HD.
Speaker 1: I could not. That would not come out of my lips. No, but that's a pretty complicated name. I think what's really embarrassing is when you can't remember the word macaroni or the term macaroni and cheese, or you can't remember multivitamins or just a common name like that. You can describe everything about it. You could even probably recite the barcode number.
Speaker 2: But you can't think of the name of the item.
Speaker 1: It's crazy.
Speaker 2: And then if it's even longer, like someone asked me what's the trailer, and then so then to say, forest river, rockwood, ultralight, you know, I mean that it's just a lot of words to have to describe something?
Speaker 1: are you dropping names, casey? Are you throwing names or spewing names?
Speaker 2: spewing out names, yeah no, I'm just thinking of things recently that people have asked me that I wasn't able to say, and I'm making myself happy with myself right now because I'm saying those things that I couldn't say.
Speaker 1: That's very good.
Speaker 2: I'm stunned startled aghast taken aback and stupefied, excellent.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you mentioned something about, or I said something about, the heat. I think you said the dog days of summer or something. Yeah, that made me think of something.
Speaker 2: It did. Yeah, what did you think of Dogs?
Speaker 1: Oh, dogs. So we're both two dog families now, yeah, that's interesting, isn't it? Mm-hmm, how are your?
Speaker 2: dogs doing with the heat in the summer. They've come to really appreciate being indoors and the air conditioning like never before.
Speaker 1: So since the last time we talked, you've been on another camping trip. I think Right. And what do the dogs think of that?
Speaker 2: Well, they love the fact that they're in close proximity with us 24-7. So they love camping.
Speaker 1: It's that pack mentality thing, right, right.
Speaker 2: When we're at home. Sometimes, you know, I'll put them in their room, which isn't that bad. They get a whole room of my house. That's pretty nice, right. But sometimes if I'm doing something or don't need them underfoot or whatever, they'll get locked out. Oh, they're still in the house in the air conditioning, but not under my feet, right. And so now when we're in the camper, they're right there. We go outside, they go outside. We go for a walk, they go for a walk. You know they love it.
Speaker 1: Do you think that they're better behaved and calmer when you're around them all the time?
Speaker 2: I don't know if I'd say that yet my, you know, one's still. He's not even two yet, so he's still a little bit puppy-ish.
Speaker 1: Oh, that crazy dog, that crazy dog. Well, I'm finding that, since we got the new dog, how long has it been? Two and a half weeks, maybe Longer than that? No, has it? Yes, no, yes, okay, three weeks.
Speaker 2: Probably. Well, okay, three weeks, probably. At least that I would say About now is about three weeks, because we haven't even gotten together for two weeks now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right. So it must be three weeks that we've had Marley. He's already bonded with Yoda. The four of us Sarge, yoda, marley and me are all a big pack and when we go on a walk it's like we're a pack. Yeah, that's pack. They're checking on us, they're checking on each other. It's really nice.
Speaker 2: Right. I think that's a good way. I was even thinking like if we get all four of them together, the first thing we should do is just all go on a walk and, instead of them trying to just meet each other on their own terms or whatever, just we're all going for a walk and that would kind of pack them together maybe.
Speaker 1: Maybe it's true. Who's going to, who's going to be the leader of the pack in that group? That's a that's a rough one, isn't it? I think it's going to be between the two small dogs.
Speaker 2: It might be now my little Inga. She's getting older now and she poops out faster on a walk than she used to. I'm noticing.
Speaker 1: So does Yoda, I think. Sarge said the other day that they got about three blocks from home on their walk and he had to pick Yoda up and carry him the rest of the way.
Speaker 2: Yep, that happens with little Inga sometimes.
Speaker 1: Now, when you pick up Inga, how do you carry her?
Speaker 2: Under my arm, kind of.
Speaker 1: Like a bag of charcoal or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, under the arm kind of, and she doesn't like to be picked up much. She's always been one of those dogs that stiffens up when you pick her up. She's never cared for it and she's not a dog that you can cradle like a baby. You can't tip her upside down and put her in your arm Never. That would never fly. Now I've had a couple of small dogs that I could hold upside down, you know, with their legs up in the air like a baby, and they loved it right, perfectly content. That's not her she's too dominant is that what it is? she's dominant over over max yeah, yeah, even though he's bigger and younger and four or five times her size yeah she still is the boss well the way yoda likes to be carried.
Speaker 1: I think I told you this before once. I don't know if I said it on the air. If I did, excuse me. When sarge carries yoda, yoda puts his two back feet in Sarge's right hand and then he leans his body over Sarge's left arm raised, so it's like he's leaning at a bar, like he's standing at a bar and he loves that. It's a riot. I should take a picture. Yeah you should have a picture of that. It's a good one. But this Marley, I'll tell you he's a special dog. He's really worked his way into the family. He's right at home here now.
Speaker 2: He's just laid down. Oh yeah, yeah. He greeted me outdoors and then was kind of like here come this way, we're going in the house.
Speaker 1: He knows who you are. You're one of his people friends, right?
Speaker 2: I think he does know he's having a little distressed. That's true, and other times they don't. It's just like they're running around.
Speaker 1: The funniest thing about Yoda and Marley is that they imitate each other. Yoda has always had a routine that when you put on your shoes, he thinks he's going to go for you know what? Yes, I dare say it loud enough for him to hear Right, but going to go for you know what. Yes, I dare say it loud enough for him to hear right, but that's what he thinks is going to happen. And then, come, he'll come over to you and roll around on his back and he makes these weird squeaky monkey. I can't describe it. It's just this really weird noises that come out of him. Well, marley never did anything, but, but when Yoda started doing that, he had to do something too. So now he does one bark looking past you with his face, a foot from your face, that's interesting Yep until we leave.
Speaker 2: Does he jump up on you at all? He's tall, he could practically look you in the eyes. Never jumps up on me. No, interesting See, max will jump on me occasionally. I try to not let him and then he'll, you know, just clock me in the nuts.
Speaker 1: Well, if marley jumped on me at 70 pounds, he knocked me over. Yeah, yeah, that's true. I mean, at this point he probably weighs almost half as much as I do. He's a big dog yeah, so what else is?
Speaker 2: new. What else is new? Well, just the camping thing happened, I guess, and that was for a week, and we got out of there on a week ago, on Friday, which was really good, because Saturday and Sunday, as you can probably remember, it was like over 100 degrees each one of those days, so we were glad we were done with it. Were there any trees where you were camping? There were. I picked the site, I chose online and I got a site with no trees, so that was a little sad. But the good thing was that the in the mornings the shade was on the like the driver's side of the trailer, and that was good, because that morning we packed up to leave. I I got to work in the shade all morning to clean out the sewer lines and the how on, disconnect hoses and electrical and do all that stuff. You have to do so you parked facing north.
Speaker 1: That yeah kind of mountains were on the north then.
Speaker 2: Yeah, kind of the mountains were on the driver's side Right right, it was kind of northwest-ish.
Speaker 1: What kind of trees do they have down there? Is it like scrub oak, or is it little pines or what is it? It's pretty scrubby mostly, and it's not a natural lake, is it?
Speaker 2: No, no, it's a reservoir.
Speaker 1: So it's the newest reservoir, and if not in colorado, at least in this area yeah, I think so too.
Speaker 2: I mean it's, it's nice the way they've done the, the camping areas. There are four loops and the loops have three rings within the loop. So you say you know I'm in loop A or loop B or loop C, and then each of the sites is numbered and everything is clockwise. So when you go into the loop and maybe you're going to pick the biggest outermost ring, you know you turn to the right and you find your spot and there's no left turning. Like most camping places there's camping on both sides. So depending on what side your site is on you you have to go to the right or to the left. You know to pull in appropriately to that site for its hookups, right. But chatfield has done everything on the outside or the right side of the of all the loops and the driveways, and so everybody's turning to the right I'll bet you, some OCD engineer or land planner designed that. They probably did figure it all out.
Speaker 1: How does that work as far as views and feeling close to your neighbors? Is there enough distance between everybody?
Speaker 2: They try to do a fairly good job of staggering in each of those rings within a loop, so you're not directly facing someone or your know their, your side windows and their side windows all right, looking right at each other, is it?
Speaker 1: is it better spacing than cherry creek reservoir, the one near denver. Yes, okay, it is so where's your next camping trip?
Speaker 2: there is one in august. I feel like it might be back there at chatfield really yeah, in in cooler weather, do you think right? Well, that's what we were hoping for, but I'm thinking that it's not going to be like that. Yeah, we like the staycation thing, you know, not going far and and just getting away from the house how far drive is may severity? How far would that be? Would that be four hours, five hours?
Speaker 1: I don't know it's, it's. It's pretty much as far away from Denver as you can get.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the what Southwest Southwest corner of.
Speaker 1: Colorado. We camped there when I was 15. My family came out from Delaware and drove all through Colorado and we had a. Volkswagen camper at the time and I had the top part that that popped up. That was my little bunk bed up there. Okay and uh, mesa verde was my favorite place in colorado that we camped was it boondock camping or was there hookup camping or? no, we didn't need hookups. We didn't have hookups so we just used the, the common shower room and bathroom and stuff. But that's what I was wondering if they actually have hookup.
Speaker 2: They probably do yeah, I'll have to look. I don't even know.
Speaker 1: But the area without hookups I remember it was kind of rocky and there's these sort of low pines and there were chipmunks all over. It was fantastic. It was really fun. That was my favorite spot, okay, and back then I mean this would have been in the early seventies you could go up in the ruins and and do some dangerous stuff. I mean, the tours from the national park service would take you up wooden ladders and would crawl you through tunnels to get from one part of this cliff housing to the next.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: It was wild, it was fantastic.
Speaker 2: Native American Indian cliff dwellings that are there. That's what you can go there to see, and they did used to let you climb all over everything. I've done it once or twice in my life. I don't know that they do that anymore, no, there's only one little part. I guess that you can get right access to now. The rest of it you have to look at from more of a distance is my understanding.
Speaker 1: Well, if you figure in 19, say it was 1973. 1973 the park was full and now the population of the world has doubled. You couldn't let people crawl, no, no, we'd just wear it down, yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, and it's an interesting thing because that's generally with camping. Now that's what I'm finding is that a lot of state parks and a lot of other places too, you can book out. Six months is all ahead that you can get. If I don't start planning in December and January and booking stuff to go camping, the places are all full now. There's nothing left. Wow, the five days that we were at Chatfield was funny because we watched some young people with what's kind of like a retro van Get this. It was a brown van with stripes on the side, like a tan stripe and an orange stripe and a yellow stripe like that song make love to you and you're in my chevy van, if that's all right with you it looked very 70s or something, this graphic stripe in those colors on this brown van, and it was two young people with bicycles, kind of like mountain bike bicycles, and they were across from us one night and then we were walking around with the dogs and then we saw that same van, like in another place, in another loop, and then the next day we saw it in another loop and we realized what they were doing was there wasn't one place you could stay, you know, for five nights. They booked too late apparently. So they said, okay, well, we'll be in this spot Because they're just in the van, right, there's not all these hooking up things you have to do. So they just stayed in this space that night. The next night they moved to that numbered space. The next night, that loop, that number. They probably stayed there for a week, but they just had their van parked in a different space.
Speaker 1: That's not a bad strategy. Hard if you're gonna disconnect and level and hook everything up, that's, that's, that's a lot but even with the volkswagen camper, I mean, it still was a lot to move because we had a accessory that went along with it and it was a tent that went right next to the actual van itself. It attaches to it though, right, right, it attaches to the rain gutter. Okay, that's over the sliding door and and so that holds it to that and you stake it in. It has poles and everything, and then if you want to go somewhere you can zip up that side and drive the car off, bring it back and then hook it back up again. So that's pretty nice. And we had a galley box is what my mom called it. It was like a wooden box with a door that folded down. It had silverware, salt and pepper, pancake mix, spaghetti, some of the basic canned goods and things that don't spoil your outdoor kitchen if you will. And there's usually a picnic table at a campground and so we'd set the galley box on the picnic table and then we had what we called a dining fly. It was basically just one wide piece of fabric and we just would start it over the table and run it for shade across the table and then down to the ground. Okay and uh, so we set that up. So it was a while to set up, you know, maybe 30 minutes to an hour, but you wouldn't want to do that every night no, we just had gotten.
Speaker 2: This was the first time we used it. We had gotten it and like an octagonal, not a tent, it's just sided with mesh you sent me a picture that yeah, and that we built that and then put the the park's picnic table inside of it so that we could sit out there and then have no bugs, and that was nice. What did I say about? That you said something, but I don't remember what it was. You said I said it was very gay oh gay I thought it looked very gay you think, yeah, it's kind of like glamping.
Speaker 1: Well, to be sure, that's what we do between the truck, the mongo truck, that you have this mongo fifth wheel trailer, which isn't big in your standards but to me it's like half the size of my house and now this huge screened in veranda with a solid roof or whatever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like oh my god it's a tent or a canopy or whatever you call it, but it's eight-sided.
Speaker 1: Where's the dance floor and the bar?
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, there's hangers up at the top. We said should we put a light in a little disco ball up there so it has little sparkles inside?
Speaker 1: That'd be great. That'd be kind of funny yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so camping was good and you've been working, I guess.
Speaker 1: I've been working really, really hard. I've been fantasizing about retiring. Okay, actually, I'm getting closer and closer and closer to this finally happening. I've decided that when I retire whenever, that is, hopefully soon, if I can sell the business and get some money for it I'm going to buy a new car. And I've got some ideas. I really don't know what's out there. I haven't driven a new car in a long time. My Jeep, my Grand Cherokee, is, I think this year it's going to be 11 years old or something. It's a 2013 that I bought in 2012. Okay, so last year 2023, it was 11 years old, so this year it's going to be 12 years old. It's got like barely 80,000 miles on. It Works great, but I'm just tired of it.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: I think what I'll probably end up with is a new car, because all the new cars now they're selling them with oil changes and free service for five years or three years or something. It's just all part of it. I figured that would be really nice not to have to worry about that, and I've always liked driving a German car. I've always thought the handling of a BMW or Mercedes or Volkswagen was really, really nice. I don't know anything about Porsche, I don't know anything about Audi, but I thought you know I'm going to explore some German cars. There's a car called the Volkswagen Atlas which, if you weren't a Jeep driver, you'd think it looked exactly like a Jeep and I haven't driven one, but my thought is that it'll be tight and responsive, like all German cars.
Speaker 2: That's what I think of with a German car.
Speaker 1: It's kind of a tight, well-builtbuilt, strong-bodied kind of vehicle, uh-huh yeah I think I could afford a new one, and then it would have all the maintenance and warranties and all that kind of stuff so I never really good for the rest of my life.
Speaker 2: That part's really good yep, if I um.
Speaker 1: The other car that I really like is the bmw x5 okay but sarge probably would shoot me if I got one. I can't afford a new one and a used one. There I'm back again with maintenance issues, right, and, and that that can kill you unless you can get get a deal with the buying a used one which is possible? Yeah, that's one of those last time I took my jeep in for major service. What did they do they, uh, they fixed something on the front end and they did a few little things yes oil changes and just some basic stuff, and the bill was over $5,000.
Speaker 2: Yikes ouch.
Speaker 1: And the last time was for a battery and to figure out what was wrong with the car and like an oil change, and that was over $1,000. I want something where I don't have to pay for maintenance.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not going to get cheaper. Well, it's funny because that, because recently we were kind of I was looking at at new campers, like that's what I don't need in my life. You know, it's interesting. Here's what we do the older we get, let's do this with the old people. With the old people, let's have them retire and we'll put them in the longest vehicles on the highway. That's a good idea for old people, because old people are really good drivers. Yeah, because they're good drivers and they can see really well, and in the dark they can even see better. So let's do that. And then you say, as you get older, you go, oh, maybe I want a bigger. The older you get, the bigger your vehicle that you're towing should be, so that's a really good idea. So let's get a bigger, longer one. That seems like a really fine plan, right. So so we've been. We were looking at at ones that were a little bigger, and that and even we got that was a new offer with that was. Did you know that we now, if you buy this camper, we now, wherever you are in the United States, we're in this network that, where you can get it serviced in any state in the United States and quite possibly even where you're at in the campground, a mobile unit can even come to you and help you with your issue, isn't?
Speaker 1: that an attractive deal, right it?
Speaker 2: is a good deal. I was like, wow, I kind of like this.
Speaker 1: They just add it to the price. But you don't know that because you're financing it or whatever.
Speaker 2: Right. I've had three I won't say major, but three different water leaks in mind where I had to either get in the in quotes basement of it and, you know, take the walls down and find the leak, or get up underneath the camper and, you know, take the underbelly out so I could find where the pipes were, or whatever, to find these leaks and fix them. And that's not a bad camper, I'm going to tell you, I'm going to submit that's any camper. If you're going to drive around the United States and bounce something around on the highway that has water pipes and water in it, or whatever, you know what's going to happen after a while.
Speaker 1: You're going to get a leak somewhere I can tell you what's going to happen after a while with me, what I'm going to get rid of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then you're going to have to get rid of it or trade it for a new one, or find the leak and fix it yourself, which is what I like to do, then I will get rid of it.
Speaker 1: I'll get a nice car and I'll find a hotel. There you go. Instead of finding a leak, I'll find a hotel. That's a plan.
Speaker 2: I can't describe Well, I feel like you know I can't describe to you the joy of camping with the trailer, because I think to you it sounds like a lot of work. It does, and it is a lot of work to do. But there's still something. Maybe it's when, after you retire, and you don't have Anything to worry about, something to worry about or a thing to do or a purpose or whatever. When you have that Now you know I'm going to go here with this thing and set it up and I have to connect these things and this electricity and these hoses. And you know, there's we, we have it down to a science now because of the dogs. Right, you know, we get there, we, we drop it, we level it, we chuck it, we build the dog fence is the first thing we do Now?
Speaker 1: do you have a list or do you remember all this? No, it's in my head. Well see, you're not that bad off. And just because you can't remember superfluous, as a word doesn't mean, or you can't remember Joe Smith's name, right, that's not important. What's important is that you remember how to get through life.
Speaker 2: I don't know. The time before with camping, I left my little Y hose connector on the hydrant there at the campsite. So I was mad about that and I even went back. I went back to the camping area, to the campground hosts and and ask some of them which drive around in golf carts are you familiar with this whole society of people? you've sort of briefly told me about there are these campground hosts, which they probably get to live there for free maybe, and then they maintain the grounds somewhat. And, uh, they, when you leave, and then they maintain the grounds somewhat, and when you leave a site then they come in and clean it up and blow off the pad and rake the rocks that might be where the picnic table is and whatever, and sort of clean up the site or whatever. So I left my brass Y connector on the hydrant that you can connect two hoses to. Connector on the hydrant. You know that you can connect two hoses to. And I went back and you know, of course, you know, oh no, we haven't seen that there's no such thing as that.
Speaker 1: Somebody picked that up pretty quick, yeah, so sometimes what's in my head still, you know, I still don't make it. I don't remember when it was in one of Thaddeus episodes recently, he couldn't think of a word. When it was in one of fatty's episodes recently, he's, he couldn't think of a word, okay, and he said, he said what came to mind and it was sort of a ridiculous word when that, when he does that, he loses character. He, you know, he goes out of character. He just sits there and giggles and it is the funniest thing and I start giggling and laughing, right. And it reminded me of a time I didn't think of this till right now. My mother was trying to think of a word and she wasn't that old at the time she was trying to think of well, you tell me I'll describe it. Okay, I'll try to flashback 40 or 50 years. I like this. I think this is our closer for today. Okay, all right, I still laugh when I think about it. She was trying to think of a word for a particular activity. Some may call it a sport, I don't really, it's a competitive game. She was talking about her dog and how it related to this particular thing on TV. She said we were watching. What is it? It's a game that men play against each other and they have these long sticks and they're smacking balls. They're hitting balls as hard as they can with these long sticks. Hockey no. No, hockey, no and it has horses in it and she says Polo no horse hockey, croquet no. And it has horses in it and she says Polo, no, horse hockey.
Speaker 2: Horse hockey.
Speaker 1: She couldn't think of the word and she came out with horse hockey Horse hockey.
Speaker 2: I think that means bullshit. Doesn't horse hockey? If you tell somebody horse hockey, that means bullshit.
Speaker 1: We need to Google that. I've never figured out what that is. But she said horse hockey, and now whenever someone says polo, I laugh silently to myself. I don't giggle quite as much as Fatty would, but I still think to this very day her saying horse hockey. And five years after that, if she was in a really bad mood, we could walk up to her and say hey mom, what's the name of that game that you play? She goes what are you talking about? I go, I know horse hockey. She would just start laughing. It would pull her right out of the mood. It was great.
Speaker 2: Because here's the closer, because laughter is the best.
Speaker 1: Enema yes, that's it. Wait, no, that's not the word. Laughter is the best bandage. No, that's it Laughter is the best Aphrodisiac.
Speaker 2: No that's not it.
Speaker 1: It has something to do that tastes bad, like when you have a cold. What is it?
Speaker 2: Oh, cough syrup, yeah, but what is the word for that? Laughter is the best cough syrup.
Speaker 1: It's one word. What is the word Medicine? It's one word, what is it? What is the word Medicine? That's it. Ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding and you win the thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: Thank you, that's a good way to finish.
Speaker 1: Well, I hope you all can find words that you need, hopefully, happy words, kind words, friendly words, yes, words that engage people in creative thought and positive action. And if you can't just laugh, positive action. And if you can't just laugh, go play horse hockey. Yep, bye.
Speaker 2: Bye, until next time. Remember to be kind and, like us, keep it enormous, enormous, just enormous. This podcast is a proud member of the Pride 48 podcasting network.
Speaker 1: Check out more great shows at pride48.com. Are you finished? Not yet Horse hockey. Now I'm finished.