Speaker 1: Is this a cold open?
Speaker 2: This is a cold open no rehearsal, no practice, no script. Okay, just do it.
Speaker 1: You know, one of the things about personal journal podcasts, which I would consider ours to be 100% Is that when you listen to someone over a period of time, you develop a relationship with them. Yes, you do, it's a real relationship. Yes, you come to know them, you think you know them but the person who's talking behind the microphone doesn't know who's listening. So it's a one-sided kind of conversation, but nevertheless it's still very real. When the person on the other side of the microphone acknowledges your existence, then suddenly you've been brought into that relationship, you've been included.
Speaker 2: It becomes a real relationship then and now you know each other Right In a way.
Speaker 1: I never understood that before and I'm probably maybe the newest podcaster to the Pride 48 family. I mean, as a podcaster, you're probably new too. Yes, I mean you've had years and years of listening to Pride 48 and going to some of the meetups and the different things that happened. You were in Vegas, you were in New Orleans.
Speaker 2: Sure. So now I know those people. Whether they really know me or not, I don't know that, but I do know them in my mind.
Speaker 1: So this type of relationship is a new experience for me, but it's a very real relationship and recently one of the podcasters that I listen to regularly, who I have this relationship with, died suddenly, and many of you know who it is. Many of our listeners may not know this person. His podcast was called Archer Radio, but he would talk about, like most personal journals, what was going on and things he liked, and he loved Apple products and was married and loved his husband, who loved to cook and was apparently quite a good cook. He loved wine, he loved all sorts of wonderful things. He loved life and I feel incredibly sad that he's gone. Like I feel always personally related Some of his personal experiences like identically to mine actually yeah, and my relationship with Archer was only maybe truly a year and a half, two years, right, but I really grew to like him and it became such an important part of my life. When I would see an episode that he released would immediately listen to it.
Speaker 2: Well, we would consider him a friend, even though neither one of us had ever met him.
Speaker 1: Isn't that funny.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 1: And isn't that one of the beautiful and powerful things about podcasting Right, where people can just have a conversation and share it with somebody else?
Speaker 2: It's amazing Across miles and miles and you have this interpersonal relationship. You come to like someone, care about them, love them in a way, and you've never met them.
Speaker 1: Totally, and so this past Monday Archer died suddenly. I don't know how we found out that Archer had died, because I don't think the group of podcasters has a lot of communication with Archer's husband.
Speaker 2: Well, I think I saw it on X and, of course, my immediate reaction was to not believe it. Like this is not true.
Speaker 1: I mean, he's younger than us, right, he's retired. Yes, it just hurt on so many different levels. Quite shocking, and I really feel bad for his husband.
Speaker 2: Yeah, me too.
Speaker 1: I mean, knowing that someone is failing and getting worse is a very hard situation to be in, very hard situation to be in. But having the shock of someone there one day and then the next moment they're gone has got to be awful. Yeah, that's horrible. So my heart goes out to him.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 1: And all the other people that listen to Pride 48 podcasts and have listened to Archer and hurt inside right now. We will always have his memory, but he's gone.
Speaker 2: Right? Well, we recorded this only days before we found out this news and we teased him a little bit and we discussed should we leave it in? Should we take it out? We're leaving it in, yeah, because he would have wanted us to leave it in. So we poke a little jab at him, but it's just a tease and you'll hear it in the episode.
Speaker 1: Have you ever noticed that the first recording that we do when we turn on the God, my brain's not working, is it? I wonder? If we close our eyes, what would that do I?
Speaker 2: don't know.
Speaker 1: Make me dizzy. I closed my eyes.
Speaker 2: You did yeah, and what happened?
Speaker 1: It kind of makes me dizzy Ha ha, ha ha. Enormous, this is Enormous, this is Enormous with your hosts Harley and KC.
Speaker 2: Well, what happened? Where are you today?
Speaker 1: Where am I today? We're at the Tiki Lounge. Today we're recording in a different setting.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And it's a different experience because when we set up at the gilpin ranch we sit facing each other, right. So you know, like we're really having a conversation at the tiki. We sit on a lovely sofa and we have our microphones, but to turn our heads to see each other a little cranks are like a little bit. So it's not and changes the way the microphone picks up the sound.
Speaker 2: It does make a difference and maybe I should sit across the room from you in the chair instead. In the future we could try it.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that'd be interesting, see if that works better. I wonder if we'd get more or less feedback from the opposite mic.
Speaker 2: That might be true.
Speaker 1: But I wonder, if we were facing each other, if it would be more or less.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know either. Oh, I'll have to try that sometime. So we have a pretty wonderful day going on today. What did you think when you woke up today? I thought I was in Seattle, oh man, wasn't it?
Speaker 2: lovely, Did you sleep late? I did sleep in a little bit today, but the dogs then of course wanted to go for a walk.
Speaker 1: So they said enough is enough.
Speaker 2: Couldn't take them. The short answer. There's a lot of things I could say there, but the short answer is just to say no.
Speaker 1: Since Sarge is working from home today, he can take a break from work and do a quick walk with the dogs. And I think I woke up about seven o'clock when I heard Sarge banging around, or no, no, sarge gave me a kiss and woke me up. That's what it was. That was sweet, don't you think? Yeah, and so then, of course, I stuck in a some kind of air pod. I don't know which one I had in bed with me, but I stuck one in my ear and started listening to podcasts.
Speaker 2: Okay. And here we are making one of our own.
Speaker 1: Here we are doing it, but the weather in Denver has been really terrible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, awful this year.
Speaker 1: I think everybody across the country would say the same thing, yeah.
Speaker 2: I just can't believe how hot it's been.
Speaker 1: No, I can't either. It's been in the high 90s, yeah, basically almost 100 degrees, for 10 days now, two weeks, yeah, and we're just, we're really just. I don't. I think it affects everybody.
Speaker 2: Everybody seems edgy and tired, right. Well, that's how it affects me. I think is because with that heat in the day also goes heat at night, and I don't. Then I don't sleep well because it's too hot, right, and so then I'm up and down and tossing around and I'll you know, get up at two o'clock and be up for 30 minutes and then try to sleep again for a while, or you guys have air conditioning, don't you? Yeah, but I, but I'm, I'm real old fashioned, I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't run it at night, I turn it off, oh, that's crazy, I think one night, either this week or the end of last week, I think was in the high eighties or it was awful. Yep, well, and we don't have a lot of humidity, so we are blessed by that. But today when we woke up it was misting. We had a little moisture we get very little rain here. It's more like a desert and it was cloudy and soft and it was kind of quiet. I just felt like I needed to whisper all day long. It was nice. Did you go sit under your gazebo this morning?
Speaker 2: No, I didn't. I thought of it, but I didn't. Wouldn't that be nice yeah.
Speaker 1: Sit out there having your morning cup of coffee in the cool air and feeling the moisture as the rain came down. That'd be nice.
Speaker 2: I do that sometimes, but since I had to take those guys for a walk, I didn't really get that time to do that.
Speaker 1: Well, you got that time out, taking them for a walk, I guess.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it was good. The mist was kind of misty, the mist was kind of hitting my face and it was nice.
Speaker 1: Well, besides just the irritation of the hot, have you noticed any other changes that are occurring from the hot weather this year?
Speaker 2: I feel like the grass I mean stuff like the grass is not doing well. Of course we have new rules here in Aurora, so we can barely water it.
Speaker 1: Oh, you're kidding.
Speaker 2: And then that combination plus this heat, yeah, it doesn't do well. The flowers are not doing as well. What's?
Speaker 1: going on with the flowers.
Speaker 2: They just look dry. They just look like they're hot and dry, just like me.
Speaker 1: It seems like no matter how much you water them, they just don't ever look fresh and happy Right, a little dry and wilty. Well, at my house I planted that whole wall of Engelmann ivy on my garage and this year we had so many Japanese beetles that I'm not kidding you when I say that the entire wall of the garage that was solid green with leaves dark green leaves that were maybe 12 inches in diameter now is nothing but the veins of the leaves. The beetles ate absolutely every bit of moisture they could.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they start to get that lacing kind of, first with all the holes in the leaves, and then pretty soon that just dries up and falls off of there.
Speaker 1: It's crazy. So have you had any bug problems?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but more out here has been the grasshoppers.
Speaker 1: We have more of those than we've ever had, but we don't have a problem with them yet. Okay, you know, there's just enough that I can pick off the plants and step on and smush.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm only like a block from area that's a park on one side and an elementary school on the other side which is nice yeah, very nice. It's a big, nice area, but because a lot of that park is has been left. Now, to be natural, it's the thing.
Speaker 1: Oh, no watering, no mowing, no chemicals.
Speaker 2: Just let the natural Colorado grasses grow which is okay, but also comes with that lots of grasshoppers.
Speaker 1: So when you say lots, what do you mean? Like movie, Bible, sort of the locusts are coming the sky turns black, you can't see.
Speaker 2: Uh, not quite that bad, but but when we walk the dogs and walk through there and down the sidewalk there, I mean that they're actually. They're actually jumping on us, jumping on the dogs, I mean oh, that's disgusting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is. What do the dogs do? Are they afraid of them?
Speaker 2: no, they have a tendency not even to notice at all wow, that's great but you, but you, you see, you know there's smashed ones on the sidewalk. I mean, you're not even trying to, but there's enough that you step on some while you're walking.
Speaker 1: That's kind of disgusting. It is. It is, you know. I do like summer, though, and it's just this year. Everything seems to be extreme, right, yep, I think. I think fatty's dealing with a hurricane down in South Carolina, so we have no moisture and then parts of the country are getting more than they usually have. I don't know what our annual rainfall is, but I bet it's going to be less this year. Yeah, it sure seems like it.
Speaker 2: Well, and already now the summer's winding down, do you ever go out in the evening for a walk?
Speaker 1: Yes, and have you noticed the cicadas and the what we used to call June bugs and tree frogs and things? There's no frogs in.
Speaker 2: Colorado, not this year.
Speaker 1: But have you heard of them?
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 1: What does that make you think of?
Speaker 2: Oh, when I was a kid. For some reason, me too.
Speaker 1: I was just saying that last night, when Sarge and I took the dogs for a late night walk, it just felt like childhood childhood all over again. Right, it was comfortable. The bugs were doing. I was thinking of the garden and how everything's coming into to full, full production now. Yeah, in fact, this morning when I showed up, I brought you two gifts from the garden oh yes what did you think about?
Speaker 2: them, they were uh enormous.
Speaker 1: They were enormous. You couldn't decide whether to eat them or to use them for entertainment.
Speaker 2: Entertainment purposes. Yeah, yes, cucumbers of two varieties, yeah.
Speaker 1: An English which has those either. They're supposed to be like seedless or burpless. They have little teeny tiny, not really seeds, and then a regular cucumber that you have to sort of scrape the seeds out when you eat them.
Speaker 2: Yep, awesome, I eat the seeds. I don't care.
Speaker 1: That English, the English cucumber. I had one last night after we picked it. It's so delicious and so mild that it almost tastes like a melon.
Speaker 2: Wow Great.
Speaker 1: But it has so sharp, prickly things on them.
Speaker 2: So be careful. I'm looking forward to it.
Speaker 1: I bet you are. You do like those prickly things.
Speaker 2: Totally Well. We have a watermelon growing. That's about the size of the end of my thumb, oh wow.
Speaker 1: I have not seen them in the last few days because this is mostly Sarge's garden, but we have spaghetti squash, cantaloupe, of course, two types of cucumbers, tomatoes, eggplant, but the squash type plants actually are doing pretty well. I think the spaghetti squash is probably about this big. Can you see that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, bigger than a baseball.
Speaker 1: Bigger than a baseball sort of oblong, maybe four or five inches in diameter and six or eight inches long, so it's not ready yet. The size of a dragon egg, exactly. That's exactly what it is. At the end of our walk last night there was a cool breeze, that sort of blew by and I thought, you know, this is the shifting we get psychologically of fall coming, the season's changing, and fall is my favorite, so I'm just loving it. Well, september is the equinox right, right, so we're getting shorter days. Yes, is the equinox right? Right? So we're getting shorter days? Yes, but have you noticed that the sunrise is changing faster than the sunset? There is a phenomenon.
Speaker 2: That's a real thing, right? Yeah, why is that? I don't know why, but it is a thing One does change faster than the other one.
Speaker 1: Oh, well, I do know why.
Speaker 2: Do you now Are?
Speaker 1: you going to school me, or what? Yeah, I looked it up. I looked it up and I discovered that the reason why the change in sunrise and sunset is not the same this time of year is it's a combination of the tilt of the Earth and the elliptical orbit that we're in around the sun. Okay, so the wobble, the wobble. Okay, and so in the Northern Hemisphere it's autumn, and once we get to the equinox, which this year is September 22nd, then the change will be equal or closer to equal. Yeah, closer.
Speaker 2: So I never knew that the closer you are to the equator, the closer it is to being identical, right.
Speaker 1: Or being baked to death. That too.
Speaker 2: I feel like we're already close to the equator, even though we're not.
Speaker 1: Me too. So with this, with actually the sunny weather, is perfect for camping have you have anything, any new camping trips coming up?
Speaker 2: I do Well, actually a crazy thing happened like a week and a half ago. What we bought the camper home and parked it in front of the house oh my god, that's crazy, isn't it? We opened the garage door. Yeah, we had moved the cars. We unloaded everything out of the camper. Everything, I mean everything including all the furniture every well, I mean not, not if it was nailed down, which, literally the furniture is nailed down. Oh, oh, okay.
Speaker 1: All the dishes, all the appliances, Sure everything.
Speaker 2: Completely empty. Right On Monday we drove up to Firestone, colorado. Where's Firestone? Like Loveland?
Speaker 1: like not quite Fort Collins. Did you go with the trailer, with the camper?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we pulled it up there.
Speaker 1: But it had nothing in it.
Speaker 2: It was empty, we left it there and we hooked up a different one and brought it back.
Speaker 1: You did not. Yes, we did. Did you get a new one? Yes, we did. You, son of a gun, unfreaking, believable no-transcript. Yeah, driving something that's fast and little. We've already talked about it yeah, so uh-huh.
Speaker 2: So, yep, that's what happened, and uh, so then we had it here in the in front of the house for two days loading, going through all this stuff and deciding what we were going to put back in it.
Speaker 1: Unbelievable.
Speaker 2: And what, and what we were not, what we were going to get rid of or, you know, leave here at the house.
Speaker 1: We were just talking about this and you were whining about the fact that everything always needs to be fixed, because it rattles down the road and things shake, and but the new ones are better.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so tell me about your new, your new camper. Well, the problem is, I was so jealous of the fey driver and his fancy camper fey fey, fey, fey fey. Oh that fey driver I just couldn't take my little piece of crap anymore, so I had to get a better one you realize that you're actually going to have to have a, a fey kc camp off or something camp off really.
Speaker 1: Maybe you could meet at the italian border the italian, the italian border, oh my god where did that come from? Maybe you could meet at the canadian border arm wrestle to decide which country you're going to camp in okay and then bring your campers to whatever, whoever wins right you know, the canadian side or the American side, that's true and have a camp off or maybe a tug of war.
Speaker 2: We pull a rope and whoever pulls the other one across the border, that's the side.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you have to come to, yeah, and I think you ought to have some judges Judging who has the most convenient, the most deluxe, the most easy to service.
Speaker 2: Come up with some, yeah, with some ways that could be. That could be it. Well, this one has. For one thing, the living area has a opposing side slides, so each side this slides out right, so that you know. So the whole, I mean. So it's a big open area to live in there, which, with the dogs, is better. Right, you have more room, they're not right under your feet Right All the time.
Speaker 1: So is this camper bigger than your last one?
Speaker 2: Yes, the last one was 29 feet and 11 inches long.
Speaker 1: I like that extra 11.
Speaker 2: And this one is 32 feet and 10 inches long. Wow, so we're talking about four feet. Longer is all Right.
Speaker 1: But it's only 10 inches longer, and the other one was 11 inches longer, but this one is wider. You just said.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah so wider does count. Well, 29, 11, that's 30, right, right, and this one's almost 34. So about four feet longer.
Speaker 1: Has Faye ever said how big his is? Yeah, I know we've talked about it, but I don't exactly rightly remember, right now, hey, faye, you'll have to respond and tell us how big yours is, because the enormous KC wants to know.
Speaker 2: Is mine bigger than yours?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, this is a constant question. Is it the same color?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's the white with gray and black pinstripe.
Speaker 1: Being kind of like Same brand.
Speaker 2: No, it's a different brand. This is a Grand Design. Ah, so the things that have changed just in the time since I bought mine only three years ago. The other one are things like the refrigerator is almost residential sized, almost a full-size refrigerator. Wow, the refrigerator is a 12 volt, so it runs off of the batteries of the Kemper. Right and also my Kemper now has solar panels, no, so the batteries stay charged. So if I wanted to, I could just run the refrigerator all the time. Because it's 12-volt, it's not 110. The old one was either you ran it off of your 110 power or off of the gas. You could run it off of the gas.
Speaker 1: Oh, they didn't have a 12-volt option.
Speaker 2: Not on the one I had, so now this one's completely 12 volts, so it just runs off of it. Just a little teeny voltage makes it run.
Speaker 1: So when you drive into a full-service campground, can you plug in electric for the refrigerator and save your batteries?
Speaker 2: Or do you just always use the batteries? In the sun? You're always using the batteries, but if you're plugging into electric, then the electric is charging the batteries if they need it. It's sophisticated enough to know whether it won't overcharge them or whatever, because it knows.
Speaker 1: So basically, what you're saying, professor, is that the heat of the sun is keeping your food cold. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So which in these days, that's a good idea, that's magic.
Speaker 1: I don't believe in science, so I don't think it's true.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: I don't think it's true. I think you're making this whole thing up yeah that's the truth.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you got like a double slide out, so now it slides out on two sides Right, and so this one is self-leveling too, so you can press buttons on buttons and then the tires not the tires, I'm sorry. The feet start going down and adjusting themselves until it's completely level. All by itself. I don't have to do it manually and use a level anymore, to get my rig leveled Wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that's kind of nice.
Speaker 2: And then the last thing that I thought was really nice, that I really liked, was the fact that the other one, where the bedroom is up in the top, up in the upstairs, is it in the same place.
Speaker 1: Yes, like what that's like over the bed of the truck.
Speaker 2: We call that the upstairs. You had to go out of the bedroom, walk down a step. You had to go out of the bedroom, walk down a step, then swing open the bathroom door to get into the bathroom, because the doors were in the way of each other there.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: And that's when you're old like me, that's it In the nighttime and you have to pee. That's not fun.
Speaker 1: So this one has a slide. You just sit in and you slide down the slide and you land on the toilet.
Speaker 2: Right? Well, this one. It has an access from the hallway there, but it also has access from the bedroom. It has a hallway and a bedroom. Well, I mean, you know, up the stairs in the little hallway and then it's the bedroom, but there's also another door on the other side of the bathroom so you can get to the bathroom from the upstairs. You don't have to step down.
Speaker 1: Now, when did you get?
Speaker 2: this Like a week and a half ago.
Speaker 1: Amazing, and you kept it secret that whole time. It must have been killing you.
Speaker 2: No, I'm a good secret keeper. Actually, it doesn't kill me, is that bad?
Speaker 1: Really, is that a bad?
Speaker 2: Am I a bad person? It really doesn't kill me to keep a secret. I'm pretty good at it.
Speaker 1: Yeah me, don't tell, I don't tell so if you tell yourself don't tell, you don't tell yeah.
Speaker 2: So like I would always tell my friends, you know, if you and they'd say don't tell anybody, I'd go okay. When now some people, when they say don't tell, they kind of want you to go tell somebody you know, and I would say that's not me. So if you want somebody to know, you got to tell, because if you tell me don't tell, right, I don't tell wow, so.
Speaker 1: So where's your first camping trip going to?
Speaker 2: be. So we're just going to Chatfield again across town this on Sunday. Oh great, a couple days, and the reason for that was to go back. There was just to. I got to get a feel for everything and figure out how to program this and do that. Oh, and also the hot water heater's tankless, ooh, so no more of this. You know? Sacrificial anode thing, do you still have to put antifreeze in it in the winter? Yeah, yeah, but it's easier to do that even too, because, bypassing you know before, you'd have to drain that hot water tank and whatever.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: And now it's. You know, bypassing all that and just getting the antifreeze in, there will be a whole lot easier. Well, like I said, buy some cheap vodka and then have a party when you unwinter it. I think it's a great idea. Just have a vodka fest, yeah, uh, when?
Speaker 1: you're gonna summarize you can probably buy really cheap vodka and gallon size containers, or something, pump it in there yeah, something that's safe for human consumption. Right, right, does. Now, does this toilet have a bidet attached?
Speaker 2: Well, it will.
Speaker 1: Oh, so this toilet's big enough that you can do that. I ordered one. You ordered a toilet with a bidet.
Speaker 2: No, I ordered the bidet. I'd ordered a particular bidet that's actually made for an RV.
Speaker 1: So now your last toilet. You couldn't do that, though, right?
Speaker 2: No, there wasn't even a room. The bathroom was small enough that there was not room on either side of the toilet to even attach something. So this is huge. Well, it's not huge, but it's it's a little bit bigger than the other one was.
Speaker 1: I just you know, I just suspected you did yes, I did. I was just I didn't know you.
Speaker 2: You would have done it already here's what I thought you would kind of get. The hint was when the last episode when I was talking about you know, naming the, the model of my truck and the make of my camper and whatever, and not being able to say those words, um, I figured maybe that would have given you a hint then.
Speaker 1: Actually, I knew there was something going on with that. No, what was giving me a hint was just you talking about all the features the new campers had. I thought, well, how does he know about all these new?
Speaker 2: features, right? Well, you know how you and I both do this. I've been shopping for a long, long time, like I didn't just jump in, and you know, I researched and researched until I found because if I was going to do this again spend money and do it again I better make sure I have exactly, exactly. I learned spend money and do it again. I better make sure I have exactly exactly. I learned from the last one what I want, what I don't want, what I liked, what I don't like. This time I better get exactly exactly what I want, because now I'm for sure stuck with this one yeah, so I'm assuming your payment must have gone up very, only so slightly.
Speaker 1: Oh well then it's all right, yeah, yeah, yeah. Yeah, do you have to put a lot of cash into it?
Speaker 2: well, well, I traded. I traded the other one so I did not.
Speaker 1: No, oh, that's great, yeah, fantastic. Well good for you. Well, you know that puts a little pressure on me. I've been deciding whether or not to get a new car. Now Fatty's got a new car. He actually bought a new truck. What is it? The Ford Maverick? Wasn't there a Ford Maverick that was a little like compact car back in the 70s?
Speaker 2: I don't know, I can only think of the Mercury, but maybe there was.
Speaker 3: California. Here we come In their new Maverick, the family compact that keeps getting better. This year, the base Maverick got 13% better mileage rating than last year. That's a lot of extra miles to see lots of country, Daddy, are we there? Carefree miles too. Over the last three years, 57% of Maverick's scheduled maintenance requirements have been reduced or eliminated. Are we there, Maverick, the dependable family compact? We're here. The closer you look, the better we look. I want to go home.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know. I'll have to look that up after the show. But what does he call it, earl Grey?
Speaker 2: Earl Grey. I think that's great. It's a good name, I like it.
Speaker 1: And I think it's much better. Yeah, I think the red car was really nice. It was sporty, but I think that he belongs in a truck.
Speaker 2: Having that little truck. It seems fitting to me for him to have a truck attitude.
Speaker 1: Just everything I like it Perfect, Well done. Fetty. Well done. Archer seems to have caught the podcasting fever again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's doing a pretty regular job of it.
Speaker 1: And Lotzel's doing some more, aren't they?
Speaker 2: Yes, they came back.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So that's nice. That's been really nice.
Speaker 1: So the Pride48 group is getting better. There's a few of us still around, so that's kind really nice. So the Pride 48 group is getting better. There's a few of us still around, so that's kind of nice. I do want to mention to Archer, though, that my name is Harley and I'm the one who hates that music. Oh, I think he struggled with remembering your name, that's what I thought he played the Nora O'Donnell theme song who isn't struggling with a name?
Speaker 2: We all are.
Speaker 1: I think we need more water. Need more water, I think we need to just be younger.
Speaker 2: Well, we need less stress. Yeah, I think that's.
Speaker 1: That's probably the bottom line. Well, I know something that would take your mind off of the wonderful political environment we're in right now.
Speaker 2: Alcohol, no oh. The Olympics, oh you know, the summer Olympics are for bulges.
Speaker 1: Mm-hmm, that is true. If you grew up as a gay kid, the reason why you watched the Summer Olympics whenever they came up was to see if there could be any sort of erotic stars in it. Fatty was talking about the Bulgarians, or something.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's better than the JCPenney's catalog underwear section, because this is moving people, right? Oh well, that's true, the JCPenney's catalog underwear section, because this is moving people. Oh well, that's true In big screens and high resolution On a screen. Yeah, I mean really high resolution.
Speaker 1: Right, we're talking VPLs and everything.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm talking about back then, though Back then, all we had when we were kids was we only had the JCPenney's catalog underwear section. But now I mean, but then, when the years came around that it was the Olympics even though it was a little grainy on TV, still, still they were moving people. And then it was Sunday football for the same reason.
Speaker 1: Yeah, football was good Baseball. And now we have high resolution TVs that are 12 feet wide and you can see every hair and every wrinkle. And everything.
Speaker 2: You can zoom in, you can back it up and watch over again, and over again, and over again, if you feel like it.
Speaker 1: So I have an idea, casey, you do, yeah, how we should close this episode. Okay, excellent, how should we? I want to talk about a new Olympic star that I think is probably more famous than any Olympic star ever in the history of the Olympics.
Speaker 2: Ooh, ooh, he says with his hand in the air. I know who it is.
Speaker 1: Who, casey, who is it?
Speaker 2: I know I feel like his initials are AA.
Speaker 1: AA. Hmm, what country could that star be from? France, france, mexico.
Speaker 2: France.
Speaker 1: Mexico. I hope that doesn't offend anybody, does it?
Speaker 2: What what's?
Speaker 1: offensive. Are you using a?
Speaker 2: faddyism. Oh, some people, some of our listeners, might not understand it. We have some people that are not Pride 48 involved.
Speaker 1: So his name was Anthony Amirati. Yeah, I saw the photos. I went eh, and then I saw the slow motion video.
Speaker 2: Well, frankly, how could you not? Because where was it not? It was everywhere it was. How could you?
Speaker 1: not see? It was it not. It was everywhere it was. How could you not see it? But he's kind of sexy. Yeah, he looks French.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, anthony, the bulge barb banging pole vaulter.
Speaker 1: That's it, the bulge barb banging.
Speaker 2: That's better.
Speaker 1: Banging's better than it alliterates nicely yeah.
Speaker 2: The bulge bar banging oh there that works bar banging barge, but bar barge, the bulge bar banging.
Speaker 1: Yeah, say that three times. I was gonna say it's almost a tongue twister oh yeah, well, I heard that the uh, the french guy actually has had a couple offers from porn companies. Oh, boy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I well, I think he's kind of's. He's been a good sport.
Speaker 1: His teammates are saying that he's he has more women sending him phone numbers now than anybody could ever imagine. Oh, that's funny. That is funny. You always like to say a couple of nice things. I'm a mean person, so you say the nice things, Casey.
Speaker 2: Say the nice things about. Well, I would say everybody. Uh, keep your chin up, do the best you can Try to work with the heat that we're having or the massive amounts of moisture in your area. You know, be kind to yourself, rest, try to get some sleep, drink some water. What else should I say? That's nice. Be careful. If you're going to bang your bulge, be careful.
Speaker 1: And remember everything is only for now. Yep, true, okay, see you next time. Bye.
Speaker 2: Until next time, remember to be kind and, like us, keep it enormous kind and, like us, keep it enormous, enormous, just enormous.
Speaker 3: This podcast is a proud member of the Pride 48 podcasting network. Check out more great shows at pride48.com. Are you finished? Not yet. I want to go home Now. I'm finished.