Speaker 1: Let's try it again.
Speaker 2: One.
Speaker 1: One no.
Speaker 2: Two, two. No, if I say one, you should say two, see Okay.
Speaker 1: Please hold. This technology segment for baby boomers is brought to you by Costco, the place where old people shop for clothes, and by Apple, where your next fall won't kill you because we'll call the doctor for you. Uh-huh, enormous. This is Enormous. This is Enormous with your hosts, harley and KC. What do you think we should do? An old person technology segment? That's probably a good idea. Yeah, it's amazing. We get this podcast out. Forget pod fading. We're not pod fading. We just can't figure out how to use the equipment anymore.
Speaker 2: Okay, I think we're okay. I'm watching our little bouncers bounce up and down about evenly. Okay, all right, I'm pretty comfortable with where it is, are you Okay?
Speaker 1: Are, feel like I have to be a little closer like this Be wherever you're most comfortable, and then set the game to that level.
Speaker 2: Yes, in life and in front of a microphone.
Speaker 1: You're comfortable where you are.
Speaker 2: I used to tell my girls at school you know we have talked sometimes about dressing and dress codes and I would say when you get up in the morning, who are you dressing for? Would say when you get up in the morning, who are you dressing for? I'd tell them I think I can look around the room and tell if you dressed for yourself and your comfort or if you dressed thinking about someone else, or if you dressed specifically thinking about boys.
Speaker 1: I get up every morning and dress specifically for the occasion, thinking about boys. No, the first thing I think of is what would Jesus wear? Wwjw.
Speaker 2: Well then, that'd be back to a dress, because he wore a long robe.
Speaker 1: Oh, he did wear a flowing robe. You know, what Could you imagine if I showed up at work in a long, flowing robe and had a wig with very long hair?
Speaker 2: Uh-huh, kind of curly, wavy, kind of just beachy curls.
Speaker 1: Oh, it'd be hilarious.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that'd be the thing to be able to do. It'd freak people out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it'd be really scary.
Speaker 2: I just heard that they somehow I'm using the wrong word, but deregulated hearing aids. They don't require a doctor's prescription or something for them anymore. So the price is going to go down.
Speaker 1: Well, I haven't seen it go down, but yeah, I think what they do is they just position themselves differently in the market. Okay Well, we're still the best. And if you want the best, it costs money, sure, sure, which is a good way to do it.
Speaker 2: Yep, because one day I'll probably be hearing aid shopping.
Speaker 1: Well, I would be hearing aid shopping now if it wasn't for the new AirPod Pros.
Speaker 2: I saw that they kind of changed the design of the AirPods so they'd fit in people's ears. Yeah, more ears, they'd fit in more ears better.
Speaker 1: I heard they now have AirPods that go in your nose. Oh, yeah, yeah, you can't see them, but they somehow direct speakers into some bone in your face Into your head.
Speaker 2: Oh nice, one day that'll probably be it A little implant Only, instead of tilting your head into your head oh nice, one day that'll probably be it a little implant.
Speaker 1: Only, instead of tilting your head and putting your hand behind one ear and saying excuse me, could you repeat yourself? You put your hand next to your nose and you tilt your head up and you say, could you repeat yourself? Yeah, I'm crazy.
Speaker 2: So I had the first pros with that little rubber tip on there and they didn't really fit my ear very well.
Speaker 1: I never had a problem with the AirPod originals. In fact, I still have the original AirPods. From what? How many years has it been? Eight, 10 years I?
Speaker 2: probably have three different iterations. They last a long time. That's actually what I'm not, not what I'm using now. I'm using Beyond. Is it called Beyond Pro? Is the company?
Speaker 1: or something.
Speaker 2: It's a different company and I'm using Beats. Oh, you are Okay Part of the time. Now these Beyond Pros fit better in my ear and they stay in there and they don't fall out, right. But they're not, as, as you would say, fancy, because I can't talk to Siri and tell my phone to do things through them like I could with the Apple ones.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I can talk through my beats. I don't know, I've never tried it.
Speaker 2: I think I can push buttons and you know, or you know, push on the, on the on them and do get to do things, but I don't do that.
Speaker 1: So you know how we've been calling Costco, the place where old people shop for clothes. Yes, I'm familiar Because you can go to Costco and you can buy a brand name Our generation recognizes, like Eddie Bauer or Head the ski department I mean the ski company, or Chaps or Chaps, the Ralph Lauren subsidiary or Jerry or a lot of sporting companies and that kind of stuff for less than $20. I mean you can get a pair of pants or you can get a shirt or you can get a sweater or you can get a very nice down-style puffer coat or something like that. For what?
Speaker 2: $30? Yeah, I bought shorts this year. I think it was the old company called Union Bay, isn't there? Yep, there's.
Speaker 1: Union Bay.
Speaker 2: So I bought Union Bay shorts.
Speaker 1: I bought some just casual pants by the company called Weatherproof.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: You know. But the thing is it's less than 20 bucks, so you buy it. You can't try it on. You just kind of have to hold it up to your face and say what size am I?
Speaker 2: am I and guess?
Speaker 1: I mean you could try it on if you're right in the middle of the store you just wanted to strip down and try it out, I guess, and they might arrest you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, probably, but uh, the thing is, because it's less than 20 bucks, nobody returns anything they're probably banking on you taking it and deciding, if it did, if you didn't like it, that maybe you could find someone else that did. I think that's it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know a friend, a neighbor, a sister, a brother, whatever parent yeah well, I've decided that Apple is kind of catering to that same market now. Oh yeah, it's Apple, the old person's phone.
Speaker 2: Could be. It could be.
Speaker 1: Bigger screen easier to read. Right Adaptive touch AirPods that work as hearing aids. Fall detector yeah. Car crash detector. Better speech-to to text recognition. Suggestions for composition of text and writing yeah, I think it's the old person's phone. I mean it makes sense.
Speaker 2: I remember whenever I first bought the Apple, there were some younger people that told me clear. Back when, though, that that was like oh, that's the phone my folks have, mm-hmm, you know, so maybe they've always been like that.
Speaker 1: All the young people who work for me all have like Samsung.
Speaker 2: Galaxy this or that.
Speaker 1: And they're expensive and they're nice and they're fast and they're really as nice as iPhones, sure, but I think you got to be younger to get the technology of them.
Speaker 2: It's definitely different. I know just from working with kids at school that I could maneuver around my iPhone way faster than trying to help them figure out something on their other kind of phone.
Speaker 1: Well, I did watch the entire Apple event, so I got the new iPhone and I decided to get the watch you did, and I got the watch with GPS and cell service.
Speaker 2: Oh, you did With its own cell service. Yeah, you had to pay for that monthly, like another phone having another phone right.
Speaker 1: Here's what I'm thinking. Okay, with GPS and cellular service, I could fall anywhere in the world and I could get help. Yeah, that's true. Now tell me that isn't an old person's phone. Yeah for sure, for sure it is. And I'm thinking $5,000 for hearing aids. Or because AirPods are kind of stylish in a way yeah, hearing aids. Or because airpods are kind of stylish in a way yeah, you know, I only need it at the theater or in a crowded restaurant or something like that. So I stick one airpod in and it saves me five thousand bucks yeah, it's a plan.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I feel like I'm starting to fall behind. I didn't get the last ipad when it came out. I know I'm so angry at you. Usually we we trade off. I sell you my, my old iPad when I get a new one, yeah, and I didn't do it. And then now, this time I didn't get anything. I mean, my phone's a 15, so it's not that old. I don't know that I really need to justify getting a new one quite yet. No For a watch. I don't wear a watch at all anymore. You know what I did a while back. I was cleaning in the bedroom and I cleaned out my dresser drawers and I threw away almost all my watches Watch watches You're kidding me. You know my swatch watches and my fossil watches.
Speaker 1: You threw them out.
Speaker 2: And all my fake knockoff designer funny face, big watches and weird watches and wide leather band watches. Sarge has a collection of those. He would have bought them from you. Oh man, and I feel a little sad about that, like maybe I shouldn't have done that. But you know, when you're cleaning out, in the heat of the moment, you just say, oh, I don't use this stuff anymore.
Speaker 1: I'm a little sad and a little angry. You didn't offer them to Sarge.
Speaker 2: I didn't even think of that. I should have done that because I had some cool, weird, Remember. They used to make all these different weird, bizarre watches and yeah, I got rid of all of them. Yeah, Sarge has a lot of those. Yeah, and I had a whole bunch too, and every time we'd if we'd go to Dallas for a square dance convention or Florida or San Francisco or whatever I'd always go to some gay store in quotes and buy myself a watch whenever we were in that city you know, so I had all these watches from all those trips.
Speaker 1: Well, I sold watches in my store and a lot of them were like that yeah right, and so sarge has tons of them. Yeah, and he loves him.
Speaker 2: He still wears them, does he okay? Yeah, I just stopped, and that's why I can't feel like I can justify buying an apple watch, because I haven't worn a watch since I retired in 2019, although it sounds like it'd be good if you can kind of monitor your sleep and sleep apnea and all those things it monitors everything right.
Speaker 1: It saves money on a sleep study. It prepares reports that you can provide your doctor with when you go in to see your doctor on a regular basis or for something specific yeah.
Speaker 2: It's pretty amazing. You know, probably if I wouldn't have bought a new RV, I'd probably have all those things.
Speaker 1: I'm sure you would, and I suspect that you will, maybe someday, maybe just delay it Maybe, maybe someday, maybe just delay it, maybe the next time.
Speaker 2: Well, I think I told you about my phone these days that really, in actuality, I really have no right spending that kind of money on a phone and getting a new phone, because for me it's a glorified iPod. I listen to music and podcasts and get an occasional text message, but do I ever really talk on the phone? No, or use the phone, for I have an iPad, you know, and I'm old, so I need things to be big so I can see it. So for internet, for research, for video watching, for anything like that, I do that with the iPad. So actually I don't, in actuality I don't need an iPhone. There's no reason, earthly reason, that I really need that.
Speaker 1: So here's what I would say. This is sort of my strategy. I maybe shouldn't have bought the iPhone, the watch that's hooked up to cellular. You can stream podcasts. You can stream music, you can answer texts, you can initiate texts and you can talk without the phone being anywhere near. So then you have to question are we going to get away from the phone? That's interesting. I don't think the young kids will ever get away from the phone because they do everything on it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, did you now? Did you get the Max or the regular size one?
Speaker 1: I just got the regular size one. Okay, I have the Max currently. Okay, I have the 11 Pro Max, and the new Max is even a little bigger.
Speaker 2: Right, right.
Speaker 1: It's too big for me to text. I can't reach. I'll be curious to see how that transition is for you, if you like that or not. Well, I'm using my fingers less, my voice more. Okay, you don't need a bigger screen. Have you ever been in a public place and seen an older person who has set their text on their iPhone to the largest possible so you can see it from across the room? You can read their personal texts and emails from across the room.
Speaker 2: It's read their personal texts and emails from across the room.
Speaker 1: Right, it's hilarious. You could always do that. Yeah, I could do that.
Speaker 2: I have not done that. Oh, you know what I just did, what just happened?
Speaker 1: My original Generation 1, my Amazon Echo, Echo, Echo.
Speaker 2: Echo, echo, echo, echo, which was the tall skinny kind of round that we have one at work, kind of you know round that.
Speaker 1: We have one at work. Well, it died it finally died, was it gray heather fabric.
Speaker 2: It was. This one was white, oh, I don't exactly know what happened, but it disconnected from the internet and then I had a really hard time reconnecting that one and it just I just couldn't get it to do it anymore. And then I finally I read online somebody said connect it instead, as if it were an Amazon AirTag or something, which I thought, well, that seems pretty weird. But I did that, I followed those steps and did that and it connected right away and then it called me Jennifer, yes, it called me. It did. It called me somebody else's name. So then I was kind of scared. I was like okay, well, I think I'm disconnecting this again. Maybe I'm hooked into a neighbor's.
Speaker 1: Wi-Fi.
Speaker 2: Because that doesn't seem quite right. It would say good morning, jennifer. The temperature is 72 degrees. I'm like why are you calling me Jennifer? Well, I don't know that, jennifer. I didn't know what was going on, so I decided that first generation one.
Speaker 1: Jennifer, do I need to call the memory care clinic?
Speaker 2: Uh-huh, I can't do that, Jennifer. What was that movie? Uh 2000, 2001 Space. Odyssey. Uh-huh, that's what I felt like, uh-huh.
Speaker 1: One of the things that's happening sort of in the face of people doing less podcasting is that there's a new podcast by Kathy Bacon called Epitome, I think.
Speaker 2: Uh-huh.
Speaker 1: And, uh, she comes out with a podcast pretty regularly Seems quite regular at this point. It's unrehearsed and natural and organic and she's very open and honest and I always find something in that podcast that I can relate to or something a little bit of wisdom, a little, you know, something that says Me too. You know I really should be more that way, or a little reminder yeah Be like oh yeah, I should do that. I shouldn't have let that person bother me so much. They don't have any control over my life or whatever, so I'm really enjoying that. But then I realized that a lot of the things that we counted on now we don't have. So Archer, who now is gone and can't he got very sporadic in his podcast.
Speaker 2: He'd do a few over a course of a few weeks and then you wouldn't hear from him for a while. It's bursts, yeah, there'll be bursts of podcasts and then a little lag time.
Speaker 1: And then a driver who, um was doing pretty much a regular podcast got more and more infrequent and now I think it's finally done he might do another one. Yeah, um, I'd sure like to ask him on his podcast about a new car that I'm looking for, but, uh, maybe I'll contact him by email, just email him. And there's a few podcasts that have just stopped or disappeared or someone's died or something like that, and we've become less regular, right. And so the question is is pod fading a symptom of something that's already happening, or is it that you're losing interest and you have other things to do? Or is it you know what's the reason for pod fading and does it lead to eventual you know stopping the podcast, or would that have happened anyway?
Speaker 2: So many things in life have a lifespan, right, right. So we don't do any one thing forever, or if we do do it forever, it's it still evolves and changes, right? I have read and heard people talk about uh podcasts kind of going through a lagging period where they're becoming a little less popular, you know, in 2020 may have been the biggest boom of podcasting, where everybody and we were saying so, even we were saying everybody has a podcast.
Speaker 1: We were staying home, we weren't going out. We weren't being with our friends. We had time to listen, sure.
Speaker 2: That's a big part of it. I think, too, is that time factor, time to listen, and for us even time to do it. We were just talking this morning about how long it takes for me to get to your house, or for you to get to my house. That's not even as convenient as it used to be.
Speaker 1: No, it used to be to get to the tiki, the tiki bar studio. Um, it would take me 25, between 25 and 35 minutes.
Speaker 2: Now it takes me between 35 and 45 minutes right now we can do it like pot is my co-pilot, we can all be remote and do it. Yeah, but that, but that's, that's still another level of commitment to to make that plan and do that and have, you know, yours and my equipment set up and ready to go at specific times on specific days. So it's another thing, still another thing to do, well tell me who is on a schedule.
Speaker 1: Now I know adam is on a daily schedule. The mix is on a weekly schedule okay um fatty is on a daily schedule weekday, daily, yeah and fatty. Even if he's going on vacation or something, records things in advance, which is just amazing. The commitment he has. Yeah, that's a lot to this whole group and this, this activity, is just huge yeah but he's a very routine oriented person. I mean, he does this walking and he does this this and his senior size and all these different things to schedule right so maybe that's a good thing, I mean, but we don't. Who else is regular besides those three?
Speaker 2: I just thought wow, I don't know. Don't put me on the spot because I'll forget somebody what about pod?
Speaker 1: are they um? Pod is my co-pilot yeah, I don't, they're not well, they're fairly regular I guess, but are they like the first, or daily or weekly or bi-weekly or anything like that?
Speaker 2: well, it used to be weekly, but I couldn't tell you if it's exactly weekly now or not. Um, there was, you know, foul monkeys, and they were fairly regular, but less but frequently, or recently rather, they have been less regular with their podcast.
Speaker 1: That's probably the trend. Do you listen to that podcast called search engine? I do, pj, yeah, I do love that podcast. I do listen to that one. I occasionally will skip an episode if I don't like that there's been a couple recently that were cryptocurrency and stuff is not.
Speaker 2: I'm not as interested in that in that.
Speaker 1: So I wasn't, but because there's nothing else during his hiatus yeah, I uh, did you listen to those yeah? Listen to them. They were good. Oh, now I know something about crypto, okay, but um, he doesn't do a a monthly or weekly or bi-weekly, I think. They just come out whenever he has one produce, right, I?
Speaker 2: I have to. I must confess that I listen to more, if you will, professional podcasts than I used to. I used to listen to none of those and only like either our Pride 48 community or personal journal style podcasting, but that has changed for me too. I listened to way less that moved away from Apple.
Speaker 1: Oh me too.
Speaker 2: And I won't say any names there, but I don't know why I just let my Apple my phone catches those podcasts, and so then that's the ones that I listen to. I know there's plenty of great people on. Spotify or iHeart or whatever, or Amazon maybe, but for me and this is probably an old guy thing too then that's an extra step that I have to go to those particular streaming services and find that stuff. It's my same issue I have with TV. Now I can't just go to the TV anymore and turn it on and watch something.
Speaker 1: I just go okay, let's see this streaming service to watch this show and that streaming service to watch this show. But wait, now this show's no longer on that streaming service and it's on this streaming service.
Speaker 2: Say, oh, I watched the Academy Awards and Hacks won all these awards and I thought, with what's her name, jean Smart, that old actress, jean Smart? I said, well, I better start watching Hacks Now. Where is that? Was that on Max? No, was it on Paramount Plus? Is it on Peacock? I don't know. I got to find it. And am I subscribed to that service, or am I not?
Speaker 1: It's a lot. And here's the other thing I noticed is we're subscribed to Max and sometimes their shows are leave. They'll have a series of, say, a home renovation show of some kind, and then it's gone right.
Speaker 2: So they just they just lease them or rent them or pay for a particular amount of time, or they're watching how how much action it's getting, and if it's not, then they just they pull it, put something else so talking about apple for podcasts brings me back to the fact that Apple is the phone for old people, because we can do everything there without having to go looking elsewhere.
Speaker 1: Not that pushing your fingers to go to Spotify is hard, but if you don't have a Spotify membership or subscription, plan it's a little more difficult. Apple Podcasts, as far as I know, is free, right Unless there's a paywall installed somewhere. Apple Podcasts, as far as I know, is free, right Unless there's a paywall installed somewhere, and I don't pay those.
Speaker 2: I mean I'll say a professional one, just because you know they obviously wouldn't care one bit, but I religiously, from day one, listened to Armchair Expert with Dax Shepard, oh yeah, when he started, and that was on Apple. But the very moment that he switched over from Apple to Spotify and was no longer available on Apple, then I, I mean I just I haven't heard not a one ever since he came back to Apple, isn't he? Is that right? I think so. I'll look Really. Oh, wow, okay, cause yeah. Cause I haven't listened for years. Now it's going to be literally years now that I haven't listened to his podcast.
Speaker 1: I know Kathy from the epitome podcast.
Speaker 2: Uh, she listens to him, I think okay yeah, I think she does listen to him I think I have heard her listen, but I like uh, so many I like now that you know like I feel almost ashamed because I feel like I'm forsaking my community. That started me on the podcast journey, but but now I listen to uh, dinners on me with jesse tyler ferguson right, that's from modern family. I like his podcast, don't you listen to? handsome I listen to handsome. Yeah, with tig notaro and uh, uh, fortune feimster and, uh, what's her name? May martin, right, the handsome, or the three lesbians, as we can call it, I listen to that one and that's good. Uh, what else do I listen to that is it's a professional one? Oh, uh, with sean hayes and will arnett, yeah, smartless. I listen to smart. Oh, that's, that's a good. Now, it's very, it is very good actually. And see that a lot of those were kind of 2020 startups, when people were at home and didn't have other things going on right, so they just started playing on a microphone at home. Calling their friends and interviewing them. Right right, I would guess that many of those professionals had a microphone and recording capabilities in their house already, just because of their profession. So either they were doing job interviewings or auditions, or whatever you want to call it, or that kind of thing, and so they were halfway there already.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't think the smart less guys, don't they say smart less? Yeah I don't think the smart less guys um even meet face to face now, do they no?
Speaker 2: no, they don't, they don't they. They're just uh starting a new thing where they said three or four times a year they're going to do a live because they got uh, they got a deal with SiriusXM. So maybe, see, maybe they'll go off of Apple. My phone won't catch them anymore.
Speaker 1: Or maybe they will be on Apple, but it'll be an abbreviated or paywall, who knows?
Speaker 2: I would think if they were all smart and make these deals to go with these other services, they would still say they get to keep their capability of other apps and so forth. Catching the podcast.
Speaker 1: Well, that brings me to the next topic, which is the elephant in the room, and the more personal topic. Where does that put our podcast? Because we've been less consistent and lately we haven't been doing a whole lot.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: So why is that? What's the future? What do we think the future is? We can't predict the future, right.
Speaker 2: I was just going to say. I don't know if we know what the future is, why?
Speaker 1: does that happen? I mean for us, let's take all those guessing about these other people.
Speaker 2: Let's do this. Let's just pretend like the microphone's turned off and we're just having a conversation about what it is we're going to do With the future and ourselves.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, okay, yeah, I am. You know, I'm still not retired, right? I thought I'd be retired now.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: So my time is is not just I'm not still working full time, I'm also working in a way that I'm trying to finally get my retirement to happen.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: Which is a long series of things that I don't want to talk about, but to make that happen, it's a lot of work. It's a lot of work. It's taking more time. I commute over an hour a day, right, so that means that I have five hours, six hours less a week or more that I'm in the car. Right, I can't really do anything. I still have to shop, I still have to clean, I still have to cook, I still have to spend time with Sarge. We have two dogs now because we rescued one and I'm realizing that two is a lot more work and unfortunately Sarge is saddling most of that responsibility.
Speaker 2: Well, I feel like even I'm not exactly sure how to say this, but I feel like even your health level requires you to have some time to take care of that. It does as well. Is that a good way to say it? Yeah, and so some podcasting falls away, because you just need self-care, right?
Speaker 1: Well, and the other thing that's happening with me right now is that two years ago, if my medications were starting to wear off, they'd wear off slowly and I could take some more, and it wasn't a big deal. Now, when my medications wear off, and I could take some more, and it wasn't a big deal. Now, when my medications wear off, it's like 20 minutes or 25 minutes. So I go from being able to have a conversation to not being able to form a thought or think of a word, and that's really hard.
Speaker 2: It's very hard and it's hard for both of us If we're speaking frankly, like I can come over here to your place to record and you're not able to because you're you're just physically not able to do that, and so then so we do other things you know, like have, we'll eat something or take the dogs for a walk or something, and which is fine and dandy, that's all great and wonderful and good, but no podcasting happens, then because I, because the other things are the most I can do right, that's right, right, yeah and yeah, and I understand that. And then for me, from my end we were talking about this earlier driving from where I am to where you are easily takes twice as long as it used to whenever we first started, because traffic's so heavy and crazy and congested here in Metro Denver. I mean, it's not that we don't have intentions or good intentions or want to do it or don't enjoy oh, we love it Talking on this microphone.
Speaker 1: We love each other. We love each other and we still love this.
Speaker 2: I don't think that's changed one bit, no, no, but just the circumstances surrounding it have definitely changed. Yeah, I've got a question to ask you.
Speaker 1: Okay, have, yeah, I've got a question to ask you. Have we ever recorded an episode that we didn't release? Yes, and why?
Speaker 2: Different reasons Right.
Speaker 1: Exactly, our energy wasn't good. Yeah, we didn't sound. We sounded depressed or sad, or our thoughts were so scattered we couldn't stay on track.
Speaker 2: You couldn't edit it because we were too scattered for you to put it together into something that was coherent in any kind of a way.
Speaker 1: At times I could take an incoherent recording and edit it in a way that it sounded.
Speaker 2: There's been a few of those that miraculously that you juggled everything around and you've said that to me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm amazed that you could make an episode on this, because it was shit and that's not the order in which we spoke.
Speaker 2: It sounded like a cohesive story, right Boy.
Speaker 1: It didn't come out that way, right. That's not the way it went down on the tape. So some of it we don't release, some of it because it's uneditable, some of it because we don't like the way it sounds.
Speaker 2: We've even had discussions where maybe there was one you liked but I said nope, or there's one that I liked and you said nope, we're not going to do that. And then if you say no or if I say no, all right then no Well, that's the rule.
Speaker 1: It's a no-go. That's the rule. If there's something that you're not comfortable with, I'll either cut it or we won't air the whole thing, Even after you edited.
Speaker 2: There's been times I've said to you you're like, okay, it's uploaded and ready to post, but you need to do this thing before that thing.
Speaker 1: So that affects our ability? Sure, I think it takes some energy to sound upbeat and happy. Right Gosh, do I appreciate what Fatty does and that character he puts on for his audience? I really honestly don't know how he continues to do it.
Speaker 2: It's amazing. I don't know how he does it.
Speaker 1: He's such a professional that way he's truly an actor when he's crying inside. For the most part, if you share some of it, it's been filtered Right, but he always sounds upbeat and positive. But I know he's got things that are sad and hurt him in his life and he just holds them back.
Speaker 2: He doesn't give them to his audience. Sure, sure, it's hard, and right now it's just a hard time that we live in to have always a positive attitude.
Speaker 1: Oh, totally. And on the 26th is my 11th anniversary of being diagnosed with Parkinson's.
Speaker 2: Is it really?
Speaker 1: 11? 11 years on the 26th. Don't put that date in your chart. Don't want me to mark that one? Don't mark that one, but I'm still kicking, I'm still moving, I'm making the best of it. Yeah, what I wanted to say with that, you know, to our listeners who have still managed to hold on. Thank you, number one.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: That like hearing our voices, yeah, and that think of us as their friends. What did LaLa Lawrence say?
Speaker 2: In regard to Archer. I think she was referring to Archer.
Speaker 1: He was one of those close friends that she never met in person, and that's true. You know listeners, we're included. We have this relationship with people who are podcasting.
Speaker 2: Sure, we started out that way, as the listeners first, and we understand that and that's okay.
Speaker 1: It's not creepy or weird. You're listening to very candid, sometimes, moments of our lives and that's a personal experience, absolutely. So if you're listening and you want to keep listening, go ahead. Episodes are going to be sporadic, right, and we may change format. We may decide that you know that 45-minute drive each way. It's a little much, so we might schedule a time, you know, maybe more times during the week to record, or maybe every week yeah. And then we don't have to drive and then get together for friendly stuff other times.
Speaker 2: Right, well, and we've had those days too. We've had plenty of those days, yeah, where our intention was to record, and maybe either at my place or your place, we were all set up for it, and then we just said you want to, how do you feel about not recording today, and would you like to just go play instead? You know?
Speaker 1: so then we do that, that's what we do, right, because we know that it's it's not a recording day, and then there's one other piece, too that I just thought of, and that's the fact that the four of us as two couples you and mister and me and sarge are getting together much more often socially. Yeah right, so that is also more contact that we're having than just recording.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's true, what's coming up, we got. We got some things coming up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what is coming?
Speaker 2: up. We do have a drag thing.
Speaker 1: Oh, I know it's that new restaurant that opened.
Speaker 2: There's that, that diner restaurant that has drag shows. Okay, there's that, but there's something else too, drag related, I feel like. And then we're doing the.
Speaker 1: Rocky Horror Picture Show. So that'll be a live performance or a musical.
Speaker 2: Well, I think they're going to show the. No, they're going to show the film version of Rocky Horror Picture Show, but Magenta, the actress who played Magenta, is going to be there for a talk.
Speaker 1: Do we get to throw toast and use our squirt pistols and all that stuff we should take?
Speaker 2: it all, just in case. See how much they confiscate.
Speaker 1: Oh, they probably confiscate it these days, I imagine imagine, and we have, I think there might be a broadway show coming up. Oh really, you mean you have a?
Speaker 2: surprise for us? I think so oh, we have a surprise for you too.
Speaker 1: Maybe it'd be funny if it was the same surprise oh, that'd really be funny, huh we'd have to go twice so, to bring this to a close, what I would like to say is thank you for nominating me for president of the United States and I do not accept your nomination, but you're welcome to write in Harley from Denver in the write-in ballot. What I want to say is is just remember whatever situation you're in, it's only for now. Make the most of it. If it's a great situation, hold on tight. If it's a bad situation, it'll pass. And be kind to people you come across. Do the best you can with what you've got and drink lots of water, because old people get dehydrated and if that's not helping, then add some vodka to it. That's right. This health tip brought to you by Costco and Costco Liquors, the place where old people shop for clothing and booze.
Speaker 2: Okay, goodbye, bye, until next time. Remember to be kind and, like us, keep it enormous, enormous, just enormous. This podcast is a proud member of the Pride 48 Podcasting Network. Check out more great shows at pride48.com.
Speaker 1: Are you finished? Not yet. Arr, we love yet Arr. We love pirates.
Speaker 2: But pirates.
Speaker 1: Now I'm finished.