Speaker 1: I put two fingers in it and I was instantly excited. Oh wow, nice, enormous, this is Enormous with your hosts, harley and KC, when it came this morning between 4 and 8 am when it came, and I walked out on the front porch. Well, I didn't walk out on the front porch. Sarge walked out on the front porch on the way to work today and found it and brought it inside. I put two fingers in it. It is the most amazing thing. But on the label it says super slick or something like that. But it also says fist and I'm not sure what that means.
Speaker 2: Well, I just think it means that if your hands are dry, that you rub some on your hands and you make a fist, and then you become moisturized, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Put a fistful and then it'll moisturize you.
Speaker 1: That's probably what it means. Totally. Yeah, I'm sure it does. Anyway, it was highly erotic. I'm quite glad I bought it.
Speaker 2: And your fist is glad too.
Speaker 1: Yep, my underwear is also happy. My world is happy. Rabbit, rabbit it is it's May 1st today. Happy May Day. What did you do as a kid?
Speaker 2: I was just going to ask you when you were a child, did you make a little paper box and put a handle on it? With a stapler or something, and then did you put, like popcorn or peanuts or maybe I don't know gumdrops or something in there.
Speaker 1: Candy. When I was a kid I made May baskets, like you're talking about, and then I went and cut my mother's tulips, daffodils and bulbs that she had planted, put them in the May baskets and gave them to the neighbors.
Speaker 2: And she was okay with that.
Speaker 1: I don't know if she was, but I did it.
Speaker 2: Oh, okay, I don't remember spanking.
Speaker 1: I mean, how could you get angry at a kid for giving something with love to a neighbor? Yeah, I guess we put candy in there.
Speaker 2: I don't know why I gave it to somebody.
Speaker 1: We talk about surprise, kindness and that kind of stuff these days. Yeah, I was practicing that at five.
Speaker 2: I mentioned it to Mr and he'd never heard of a May basket. He didn't where he comes from. He didn't hear of that. I think it's limited.
Speaker 1: Does anybody out there listening to us? Do they remember?
Speaker 2: Yeah, may baskets. Yeah, I remember making a May basket, yep. And then there's the May poll as well. Do you remember doing the May poll?
Speaker 1: I don't remember the Maypole, but considering what I got from Amazon this morning, I think that might be a really good idea. That's a different kind of Maypole. Yeah, still worthwhile.
Speaker 2: You don't remember the ribbon and dancing around?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, and you weave in and out, weaving the pole. Which also could be something different, but don't you have to find a bunch of Irish women to do that? No problem. So we just got off the phone with somebody very special A surprise guest, yes and we talked for quite a while and it was so nice, wonderful.
Speaker 2: It was so nice, Nice to talk to you surprise guest. Should we give hints? People who know will know we can give some hints. I think that's enough.
Speaker 1: Is that enough? We'll just say that if you're ever feeling down and you want a different attitude towards life, call a friend, tell them that you called them because you were thinking about them and just have an off-the-cuff conversation A nice conversation. It can be absolutely wonderful.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that is a good idea.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know if you can hear, but we are recording at the Tiki Lounge today and one of the many, many clocks that Casey has in his world just chimed something. It's keeping us on time. I guess that's all right. So we will review the caller or the callee later in the show, is that right?
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, repeat that the callee.
Speaker 1: Okay, we're the caller. We're the caller. Yeah, so this person is the colleague and we may even play a couple parts of it.
Speaker 2: Let's play a snippet. So what you been up to. Well, I went to the theater Really With who With you. Thank God I was going to be jealous.
Speaker 1: And it was excellent.
Speaker 2: What was it? Uh, let me try to give you a hint. The tickets were yellow in color.
Speaker 1: Okay, not much of a hint.
Speaker 2: Okay and uh, the uh road on the way to the theater was made of brick.
Speaker 1: Was it yellow also? Yes, did it have anything to do with whiz?
Speaker 2: Yes, and we eased on down to the theater and whizzed and whizzed.
Speaker 1: So we went to see the whiz. It was supposed to be the four of us. Sarge got tickets, I think for this one. Yeah, he did, and it was Sarge and me, Harley and. Casey and Mister. Not the dogs, however. No, no dogs on this trip. Unfortunately. The day before or earlier that day, our little dog, yoda, cute little 17-pound poodle crossed with who knows what, had to have dental work. He had an abscess and then had 16 teeth removed and he was not feeling well.
Speaker 2: We were a little scared Only after 16, he was not feeling well.
Speaker 1: How many teeth do dogs have? Like 30, 40? .
Speaker 2: Oh, I don't know. It was a lot, though that's a lot of teeth.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a good trivia question't it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know how many they have.
Speaker 1: How many teeth do people have, and do dogs have the same amount or more? I'm gonna guess dogs have more.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so the three of us went because sarge stayed home with which I hated. I hated to leave him home, but but I know he wanted to stay with the dog, so right I got it it's always easy for the other couple to be sad that one person's not coming.
Speaker 1: No, no, I love Sarge. You better say no on that. I love Sarge, but anybody out there that's been married for several years can certainly acknowledge the fact that sometimes it's nice to do something by yourself.
Speaker 2: Okay, I mean, I get it.
Speaker 1: It's all right In this case I would have rather Yoda did not have oral surgery and that Sarge was with us.
Speaker 2: Of course.
Speaker 1: But it worked out okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it was okay, it worked out. It was a good show. Definitely 80s. Yeah, very much. Yeah, it was a little dated but still fun Very much fun.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you. What though that? Dorothy, oh my God, did she have a voice? Yeah, she was quite the little singer.
Speaker 2: Too much. Yeah, yeah, Sometimes she kind of overpowered the rest of the cast. Actually it was.
Speaker 1: It was a little she was quite the belter. She was a little too much. The thing that drove me really made me laugh the most at anything. When I think about the show, the opening scene, when the tornado's coming and and they're, they're running around getting ready for the tornado. Auntie Em comes out. I don't. They've all changed their names in the Wiz version. Auntie Em comes out and Dorothy's there and she says, dorothy, help me bring in the clothes, there's a tornado coming. And then they go over to the clothesline and they very casually fold the clothes, take them off the hanger, put them in a basket and then do a song and sing a song. Meanwhile the tornado's on its way, yeah, but then the tornado hits them and they get scared. That was a slow-moving tornado, apparently, I guess, so they must have had a really good weather service.
Speaker 2: That's all I can say. And what?
Speaker 1: are we seeing next? Oh yes, the middle May we are going to see. In fact, I think it might be Mother's Day. We're going to see the Book of Mormon, hello.
Speaker 2: Is anybody out there? No, that's the wrong one. Hello, my name is Elder. No, that's right.
Speaker 1: Ding dong.
Speaker 2: That one, yeah, how would you?
Speaker 1: like a book written by Jesus, yes, or something like that.
Speaker 2: About America, about America. Let me tell you a wonderful story about America. So have you seen this show before? I did, a long, long time ago. Yes, I did.
Speaker 1: Have you? Oh, I, for I, I did a long, long time ago. Yes, I did. Yeah, have you. Oh, I think it's our maybe third time. We love it. Okay, it's a good one, and every time, with a different cast and a different night of the week and everything else, we see something different.
Speaker 2: It's a different experience yeah, and we love everyone. Yeah, that's what's good about it too, and if it's different people doing it, you kind of sometimes get a little different take on it as well. So what, that's great.
Speaker 1: The best time to see a traveling show like that and it's a Broadway traveling show yeah, tour yeah. Right, I think Fatty sees them in.
Speaker 2: Charles Center. He might see the same people we see.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he might, but if you're going to go see a traveling show, the best night is always the last night that it's in town. The cast just goes nuts. They put forth their extra effort. Extra effort and they get a little more casual about the show. So there's some funnies and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's true. So we'll see that next. Yeah, and what did we do last week? I know what we did last week, what we went camping.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: We had a staycation. It was here at Cherry Creek Reservoir, which isn't far from home and not actually too far from downtown Denver either, probably only 30, 45 minutes from downtown.
Speaker 1: Yep, did you use your enormous truck.
Speaker 2: Yes, we got the enormous truck, we hooked it up to the enormous trailer, fifth wheel Yep, and we pulled it to the enormous park. And then you guys came out to visit on Thursday afternoon.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Now you've been every four. Oh many times. So you have the best campsite we finally have picked it out after all these years. Well, the thing was, we started out with the camper going there. We'd always go there in April. To summarize S-U-M-M-E-R, summarize, oh, summarize. So in summarizing, you're blowing the antifreeze out of the lines and running fresh water and turning everything back on and unpacking everything and getting it ready for the summer. So that's what you're blowing in the spring. Uh-huh, that's what I'm blowing the RV in the spring.
Speaker 1: I get it.
Speaker 2: And then of course, in the fall is the winterizing, which is that opposite process, but we go there to do the summerizing.
Speaker 1: That's when you take the vodka out of the pipes, right. They go there to do the summarizing that's when you take the vodka out of the pipes Right and then the winter is when you put the vodka in the pipes so they don't freeze.
Speaker 2: That's correct. That's why you guys came out, so we could have the vodka party for Sarge's birthday.
Speaker 1: It is the best campsite. There's nobody around and this is a Colorado state park. Yes, how many camping spots do you think there are? Maybe?
Speaker 2: 50? No think there are maybe 50. No, there's 120 or something, I think, all together in all the loops, but they're not all hookups. No, no, they're not what do you call that other thing boondocking. Boondocking is yeah zero hookups.
Speaker 1: Yep, so there were a bunch of people boondocking they were, but when you drive around they're so spread apart and there's in.
Speaker 2: In relation to the size of the park, there's not many campers there well, what's cool about ours is kind of the way it's parked and the way you're looking. You kind of can sort of feel like you're by yourself, kind of pretend. But yet within walking distance there's a really nice bathroom, shower house too. That's very new. It's really nice and really new. Yeah, yeah, we have our own private path that runs through our campsite, so the golden rule kind of is that you don't walk through other people's campsites, so nobody else uses that path, and when you look out the windows of this enormous rig, you only see one other camper. Yeah, that's pretty remarkable. Yeah, it is a pretty good spot.
Speaker 1: So we came out because it was Sarge's birthday. Right and Mister is one of the most generous people we have ever known which is why they're our friends partially and he made a beautiful dinner. He did an Asian chicken, cashew, Cashew. Bless you Bless you Chicken cashew Bless you, yeah, and it was perfect, and Casey made the rice I did, which was perfect With my Zarooshi rice cooker which never fails. It's the best. It was perfect and Casey made the rice I did, which was perfect.
Speaker 2: With my Zarooshi rice cooker, which never fails, it's the best. That was easy.
Speaker 1: And Sarge, and I brought our two dogs.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And Casey and Mr had their two dogs. So between all of us there were eight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there were.
Speaker 1: And we took a walk.
Speaker 2: I keep banging this microphone.
Speaker 1: A long dog walk. Yeah, we took a long dog walk. It was with a pack of eight and it's funny how the dogs sort of congeal as a pack.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's good for them kind of, because they get along really well when they start packing together like that. Yeah, yeah, definitely. And we walked from the campsite down to the reservoir there, to the water and the sandy beach, walked through there, came back, went through some other campsites. We were going to walk you by the campsite. That was the old gaze, which probably means our age.
Speaker 1: Right or younger?
Speaker 2: But they were already gone when we went to walk by there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was too bad so we didn't get to see that, but it's an interesting group of people and I think what's really interesting for me, being a non-camper kind of a guy, a lot of these campers have flags.
Speaker 2: They do. Yes, they do, and they love promoting whatever they're promoting Right, whether it's well, whether it is whatever it is the American flag or the Denver Broncos or the state flag of where they're from, yeah, the Texas flag, or even theg-a flag. There's occasionally one of those to have to look at right.
Speaker 1: They're all there right before dinner. I think the one camper we can see from that your particular rig. Oh yay, lucky for us, I had a pretty big american flag up about what 30 40 it was way up there and a great big red flag underneath it.
Speaker 2: but uh, it starts with an m and ends with an a, you can guess. And so I closed the back blinds, I pulled them down so we didn't have to look at that flag while we ate.
Speaker 1: It didn't stop us from seeing the Dixie flag zip-up hoodie as we left.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I forgot he was wearing a hoodie that was a Dixie flag with his cowboy hat. Interesting group of people? Well, camping, you know that's what it is. It's everybody, Everybody's a camper.
Speaker 1: That's right, so that was on not long ago.
Speaker 2: That may be a week ago, just last Thursday yeah.
Speaker 1: And then let's see, two days ago, first it was Yoda that went in and had his teeth surgery.
Speaker 2: Right. So he was in recovery while you were there, right. But then Marley was kind of acting a little off when you guys were out there. So I know we were all concerned about him.
Speaker 1: I made an appointment for Marley and then, after I rescheduled it, I said no, he's got to go in right now. He had not peed since the morning and he looked really unhappy, so we took him to the emergency vet. If anybody knows what the sign looks like in front, look for the cash symbol, the money, the American money, the american money. Yeah, that's about right oh my god doesn't matter whether you go at three o'clock in the afternoon or three o'clock in the morning, it's expensive. Marley had kidney stones so they did a bunch of stuff and now he's on the men. We hope permanently. But uh, anyway, it's been a. It's been a.
Speaker 2: It's been a busy two weeks we have been busy, just busy. It's just busy all the time. I don't get it. I had a flood at the store. Yeah, you did. You had a gas problem too. Well, not you personally, true we?
Speaker 1: had sewer gas at the store for several months and they finally came and dug all the pipes up. They dug a three or four foot hole in the bathroom, had to replace the floor and did all that. We hope it fixed it, but it's probably more of a city problem than our problem.
Speaker 2: Oh boy. So you no longer have gas coming out of your hole, which is probably a good thing.
Speaker 1: Well, not that hole. Oh, okay, I will tell you. The older you get we talked about this once before the older you get, the louder your farts get, and I don't know if our husbands ignore them or what.
Speaker 2: Well, the less you care too. The louder they are and the less you care Like. I remember being younger and I was in the grocery store one time and in the same aisle and there was this old man that weighs down the aisle and he just let one rip and I thought that is disgusting. Well, now I'm the age of that old man and I'm very likely to do the same thing. Do you have the tendency to fart when you're using a urinal in a public bathroom.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that happens. Well, it just happens. Yeah, you know, when you're doing a little push, does it make you laugh? Oh, it depends on the circumstance like, like if we were, if we were the theater, if we were the theater to see the whiz really really nice, broadway theater appropriate, and you walk up to the urinal and you go to. You know, take a wh.
Speaker 2: Uh-huh.
Speaker 1: And this fart leaks out and it's clearly audible by everybody, maybe even outside the bathroom. The best thing to do is laugh. Then Do you laugh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the best thing to do.
Speaker 1: I try to look out the corner of my eye to see if anybody's there, and then I start laughing.
Speaker 2: You just have to hope it's a dry one. Oh, that's true. If it's not a dry one, then we have a story, though of course for Big Fatty and his fart chart week. I can start one entering the kitchen and finish it walking out of the kitchen. I mean it could last for five seconds. I was just going to say and have you baked a whole tray of cookies in the time of that walking in Pretty much, pretty much.
Speaker 1: Well, there's a couple things we need to do before we close this episode. Okay, we just wanted everybody to know we're alive. We're still here, we're, still here, we're happy.
Speaker 2: We're loving life. We're trying to do the best we can with what we've got to work with, and that's what we want you to do too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 2: So we have the soundtrack of our life coming up, yes, and then we have our phone calls.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's do it. Okay, so we're not going to say who it is, we're just going to let you listen for a minute. You'll figure it out. You're back. Did you figure out who it was? I bet you did. Well, it was DJ Ron in Tampa St.
Speaker 2: Petersburg.
Speaker 1: We look at each other. Casey and I are looking at each other going what's?
Speaker 2: the word.
Speaker 1: What's the freaking word? It's an age thing. St Petersburg, that's right and we actually got to speak to.
Speaker 2: Gary, why did I say Tampa? Because it's in the same state, I guess.
Speaker 1: Tampa St Pete is the airport. Oh, is that right? Yeah, Okay.
Speaker 2: I was close then. Yeah, right, okay, I was close. Then I was getting in the area. That's all I can hope for these days at my age, just to get in the area.
Speaker 1: So we have one last thing to do before we close. Okay, that is the soundtrack of our life. I'm ready, are you ready?
Speaker 2: I am ready. Okay, I'm choosing one that's. I love this song and it could be maybe construed a lot of different ways, but it's from 1969 and it's Blind, blind faith. I can't find my way home, which sounds kind of sad and forlorn. But let's look at it this way. It was 1969. It was a troubling time in America but, looking back, we made it through it. We had the 70s and the 80s and had some pretty good fun in those times.
Speaker 1: Casey, you usually pick songs with more. I don't want to say more depth, but you'll cry during your songs. Yeah, and when you told me the name of your song, I said, oh, you're going to cry.
Speaker 2: You don't know, really, I said, no, I'm not going to do that, because I'm just going to look at it like you know, there's hard times and we get through it, and then things are okay. We come out on the other side of it, and that's the way I'm going to look at this.
Speaker 1: Well, my songs mostly come from a point of view of just music, because I was never a lyric listener and I always pay attention to the lyrics. Oh, you're welcome, thank you.
Speaker 2: Yes, it was your fault, I know, yeah, and Sarge will kill you for that.
Speaker 1: We'll give you a whipping with his tongue. Oh boy. So my soundtrack is actually going to be a rewind. I'm going to repeat a song from the show Pippin which I saw when I was probably 13 or 14 years old. It wasn't on Broadway, but it was a Broadway traveling show in Wilmington, delaware, at the Hotel DuPont Theater. I forget what it was called at the time. They have repackaged it and remarketed it, but the song is called no Time at All, and I want you to listen to the words because they are very, very significant for everybody at any time in life, but particularly right now.
Speaker 2: Or when your best days are yester the raster twice as dear. Sounds good. Also, I should say my song's heavy on the cymbal. Listen for it.
Speaker 1: You mean cymbal like a mathematical cymbal, no, like crash. Oh yeah, the cymbal's really loud. It is heavy on the cymbal. I want to remix it just to hear it without that loud cymbal.
Speaker 2: No, you got to keep it original to form. You might be surprised, don't do it.
Speaker 1: Okay, you'll be in trouble. Yep, and always listen to the end, because there's always a little surprise for you there.
Speaker 2: Yes. So here we are. We came to say hi and hope you're all doing well. We love you all and we'll talk to you soon. What did Barbara Waters used? To say I don't know, I have no clue what she said.
Speaker 1: Baba Wawa, we are in touch. So you be in touch. Yeah Well, I wouldn't say we're in touch, but it would be nice if you wanted to be in contact with us. Send us a message.
Speaker 2: Yeah, until next time.
Speaker 1: remember to be kind and, like us, keep it enormous, enormous, just enormous.
Speaker 2: This podcast is a proud member of the Pride 48 podcasting network.
Speaker 1: Check out more great shows at pride48.com. Are you finished? Not yet.
Speaker 2: I told you I ain't putting on no bathing suit.
Speaker 1: Now I'm finished.