I finally did it!
I worked up my nerve and asked Dr. Russell Ramsay to talk to me about his new book, Rethinking Adult ADHD - Helping Clients Turn Intentions Into Action.
What started out as a conversation about task initiation and getting things done - turned into soooo much more.
In part one, you will hear us discuss:
- What makes ADHD a little different from other mental health diagnoses
- The truth about, "working twice as hard for half as much"
- How and why self-distrust and self-mistrust develop
- Dr. Ramsay's thoughts on why anxiety is so prevalent with ADHD
- The role of self-regulatory efficacy in our ability to work toward goals
- The main cognitive themes of ADHD + why he wrote the book
- Automatic thoughts, positive/negative distorted thoughts leading to avoidance
- Can you choose your thoughts?
- The "ugh" of getting started
- Externalizing motivation
Support the show
Find Dr. Ramsay HERE
Link to buy his book
Link to join my list so you can get emails about ADHD that don't suck.