Cybercrime has surpassed illegal drug trafficking to become the number one crime in the world. A multi-trillion dollar industry, it poses an ever-increasing threat to big business and consumers alike. This year, DCU will host the Cyber Science 2020 Conference which is the flagship conference of the Centre for Multidisciplinary Research Innovation and Collaboration. Cybersecurity expert Paul C Dwyer will be one of the speakers at this event and is our guest in this episode of dotLAB Radio.
Paul is the CEO at Cyber Risk International and President of the International Cyber Threat Task Force. He set up Cyber Risk International in 2014 to assist organisations in understanding and managing cyber risk. He is recognised as one of the world’s foremost experts on cybersecurity, risk and privacy. In this episode, we cover:
• Who are the bad guys in cyber threats and why it is so difficult to catch these cyber criminals
• There is no one size fits all for cyber controls
• Reasons for cyber-attacks and what can be done with stolen information
• How the award-winning Cyber Assessment Tool CyberPrism works
• Artificial intelligence in cyber security
• Scaling through automation and cloud technology