True North with Abby & Ryan
Abby Interprets Ryan's Dream
May 14, 2021
Abby & Ryan
Dream analysis is a powerful tool to investigate your interiors. And the best part is, your beliefs about the nature of dreams (random meaningless neuron firings, astral projection, everything in between) have no bearing on how useful this practice can be. It's less about what a dream is and what's "really" happening when we dream, and more about what we do with our dreams in our waking hours. Here's the tool:
- Narrate your dream in as much detail as possible.
- Identify symbols (you decide what they are).
- Become each symbol long enough to answer these two questions:
- What are three words that describe you?
- What is your function / how are you here to help?
- Re-narrate your dream, replacing the concrete name of each symbol with language referring to the descriptors and function.
- Investigate which parts of your waking life are being represented by these symbols.
- Consider how the symbols show up in the dream, and how they fit into / influence the narrative.
- By now, you've probably already made all the connections you were meant to.
This is the end of Season 1! We'll be back in the Fall. We love you all.
- Ryan is grateful that this podcast even happened.
- Abby is grateful for cancer. Yes, really. Just listen.
9:00 - Ryan recounts the dream.
15:35 - Abby walks Ryan through the symbols.
36:30 - Ryan retells the dream.
48:15 - Abby & Ryan analyze the dream.