True North with Abby & Ryan
Victim Consciousness, Locating Yourself, HRV
August 26, 2021
Abby & Ryan
QUESTION: Can you operate in victim consciousness AND be in your True North simultaneously?
Drama Triangle —> Empowerment Triangle
Victim / Persecutor / Rescuer —> Creator / Challenger / Coach
Your "True North Self" is not some unassailably healthy version of yourself; it's the version of yourself that:
- Notices when you're operating in victim consciousness
- Compassionately meets yourself where you are
- Regularly reorients yourself toward your True North
How do you move from victimhood into health?
- Ryan - Realize that it's a better situation for you and everyone around you when you're in health, just as it's a worse situation for you and everyone else when you're not.
- Abby - Get out of your head and into your body, move around, be outside, breathe, and reset your nervous system.
HRV - Heart Rate Variability
- Ryan is grateful for the mess in his office that resulted from his toddler playing in there while he worked throughout the week.
- Abby is grateful for gratitude (that's not cheating, it's meta)
8:46 - Drama Triangle exercise
27:51 - What moves you from victimhood to health?
36:27 - HRV tracking & training
54:05 - ABBY'S GONNA MAKE A TIKTOK