The World According to Boyar
The World According to Boyar Episode 10: Howard Lorber
May 15, 2019
The Boyar Value Group
Howard Lorber is the president and CEO of Vector Group Ltd., a holding company. He is also the Chairman of Douglas Elliman, a subsidiary of Vector, which is the largest residential real estate brokerage in New York metropolitan area with 4,000 brokers as of 2014 (and an additional 300 in Florida). Lorber is chairman of fast food chain Nathan's Famous.
The interview discusses:
• How he helped turn Nathan’s Famous from a small restaurant chain into a global licensing business that sells over 480 million hot dogs per year;
• Characteristics he looks for in companies he looks to acquire;
• His thoughts on the New York real estate market;
• What areas within the New York residential real estate market he believes currently offer the greatest values;
• His views on technology disrupting the real estate business and who is potentially most vulnerable;
• How he believes tobacco companies will participate in the cannabis market.