Welcome to Linda’s Corner. In this episode, finance expert Todd Christensen explains how to manage and eliminate debt. Todd is a financial educator, award-winning author and personal finance program developer. You can reach Todd at his website https://moneyfit.org.
Some of the highlights Todd shares:
- Been there, done that. When Todd was 21 and received his first credit card, he maxed it out within the first 36 hours, then maxed out a second card, and remained in credit card debt for the next decade
- What I wish I'd understood about credit card debt and interest
- Credit cards are not necessary for "an emergency"
- Why "minimum payments" are not our friend
- How do start building credit when you have no credit history
- How to use a credit card wisely
- Gaining a better understanding of how credit scores are determined
- How to use the tool of automation to keep up with payments
- Realistic plans for getting rid of credit card debt
- What are the advantages of getting out of debt?
- Self compassion - your credit score does not define your worth
- Where to go for help with debt relief
- Moneyfit.org is a 501c3 non-profit that helps people gain become debt free
- And more
Please share, subscribe, leave a rating and review, visit the Linda's Corner website at lindascornerpodcast.com and/or follow on youtube, facebook, instagram, and pinterest @lindascornerpodcast. Thanks!
Also please visit the Hope for Healing website at hopeforhealingfoundation.org for free resources to increase happiness, build confidence and self esteem, improve relationships, manage stress, and calm feelings of depression and anxiety.