In this episode I show you how to spot a FAKE stimulus check using information directly from the Secret Service.
2:16 - the memo line and why you should NEVER see the word "stimulus" on your stimulus check
3:39 - the Treasury Seal to the upper right of the Statue of Liberty
4:22 - the special bleeding security ink used on the Seal
4:58 - the watermark
5:16 - the ultraviolet overprinting
6:12 - microprinting on the back
7:16 - what you should do if you think you received a fake stimulus check
Where the Government Wants You to Report a Fake Stimulus Check:
- Local Law Enforcement
- A Secret Service Field Office: https://www.secretservice.gov/field_o...
- Department of the Treasury: https://home.treasury.gov/
- Office of Inspector General: https://oig.hhs.gov/
- Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration: https://www.treasury.gov/tigta/contac...
- FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center: https://www.ic3.gov/
- National Center for Disaster Fraud (NCDF): https://www.justice.gov/disaster-fraud
- Internal Revenue Service (IRS): https://www.irs.gov/
- Federal Trade Commission (FTC): https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/