Dr. Benjamin Ritter is a leadership, executive, and career coach, L&D director, values geek, international speaker, podcaster, author, mentor, and passionate about guiding leaders in finding, creating, and sustaining a career they love.
With over 10 years of experience working with clients from companies such as Amazon, Coursera, Doordash, Google, Fiserv, Northwestern, Pinterest, and Yelp, Ben understands how to navigate any career path you decide you want to travel.
From empowering professionals to get unstuck, to guiding senior leadership on how to stand out from the competition, develop executive presence, and feel confident in being a leader, Ben is an expert in his field and will guide you toward truly living for yourself at work and in life.
Key links(s): Liveforyourselfconsulting.com / youtube.com/c/benjaminritter / linkedin.com/in/ritterbenj
Some of the information he shared during our discussion include:
· Sometimes, you need to do a hard audit on yourself to really know what you want and where you are going to.
· If you are running away from a job, you might just run right back into the problems you have had, always better to run to the next great opportunity.
· You must believe in yourself to be successful in the job search, rejection is not directed at who you are, the skills you have just don’t match the need.
· When the inner critic is shooting at you, bring clarity, confidence, and control to deal with it.
· If you are at a job impasse, give yourself some kindness, break for a while and then start back slowly and explore where you are at and where you need to go to.
Ben provided so much thoughtful, helpful, and actionable advice in this episode. You are going to want to listen to the recording several times to make sure you got it all. He lives his life with this philosophy, “I think there is a way to beat the system. To work outside of it. To change the boundaries of work for myself and for everyone.” and shares how we all can achieve this success.