Donna Peters is the author of the #1 international bestseller, Options Are Power: Career Strategies for High Performers Who Want a Life. She is host of the The Me-Suite podcast, 2021 finalist for both Best Business Podcast and People's Choice Award. Donna is a certified Executive Coach, speaker, and leadership faculty with 20+ years advising senior executives and next generation leaders at the world's most admired companies. Donna acted professionally on stage, film, and stand-up for 10 years before pursuing an MBA at Cornell and becoming a senior partner and practice leader in Management Consulting. She helps driven professionals take control of the future they want to have.
During this week’s episode, Donna covered many transition tips and techniques, some key thoughts discussed include:
· Negative stories don’t get us to where we need to be.
· She describes the two types of networking time for her own schedule – “I think of you – I tell you “and my “time to think” – both help her keep her network fresh and engaged.
· The mindset of what the personal brand you are trying to convey in those first impression moments impacts everything you do in the interviews you have; the other mindset you should have is that the interviewer would really like you to be the perfect candidate – it is to their advantage that you succeed in the discussion, keeping this in mind helps us join the discussion in a more positive frame of mind.
· You need to have a job-hunting strategy, so you know what to say “no” to.
· Recruiters look at technical, functional, and interpersonal skills – be ready to discuss and give examples of your strength in each.
· You should ask yourself, how does your presence on LinkedIn help your personal brand.
Donna shared so many more ideas to help you in your job search, you are going to want to listen to this one several times to get all her tips/suggestions. Please make sure you share this with a friend, you will be glad to you did – thanks!