Susan Collins spent over 20 years in HR with a front-row seat, watching professionals search for their place in organizations. She believes that finding joy and purpose at work not only leads to a more successful career but also enhances everything else in life. She now supports leaders eager to clarify their goals, achieve their objectives, and unlock their potential. For additional information, go to Susan’s website https://www.thenetworkconcierge.com/. As a special bonus, she shares some of her secrets from her days of recruiting in this free download to help you manage recruiter perception based on your candidate profile: https://www.thenetworkconcierge.com/TopSecret
In this episode, Susan covered many tips and techniques to make finding your next great job opportunity easier and maybe even fun. Here are a few of her ideas:
· Make sure you are clear on what you want in your next job before you start your search.
· The further you are in the interview process; the more information you should have researched about the company you are talking with.
· After your interview, it is a good idea to email the hiring manger every few weeks to follow-up; really a great idea if you can email with some article or something that ties back to your interview.
· Networking is the most important thing to do in your job search – everyone should start it now and not wait until it is needed.
· Remember, you are not in your transition alone – let people help you.
Susan is bright, energetic, smart, and experienced at the entire recruiting cycle. Make sure you share this episode with friends, they will thank you for caring enough to give them this gift. Enjoy!