Victoria Pelletier is a dynamic, innovative, and passionate Senior Executive with over two decades of progressive executive experience in strategy, operations, growth initiatives, and business and talent development in organizations such as Brookfield, American Express, Aon and IBM. She is currently a Managing Director at Accenture, leading much of North America’s Travel Industry Client Portfolio.
She is a visionary leader with a passion for innovation, creativity and Diversity, Equity & Inclusion. In fact, Victoria has won both the 2020 Mentor of the Year award from Women in Communications & Technology AND the 2019 HSBC Diversity & Inclusion in Innovation Award. Victoria was also named as 2021 50 Most Influential Business Leaders in Technology.
Victoria serves as a board member for several organizations; she is also a published author, regular contributor to Forbes and a member of the Forbes Business Council. She is an in-demand public speaker and appears regularly on national radio and television. An inspiring professional with impeccable credentials, Victoria is a trusted voice among peers and emerging executives.
In this episode, Victoria shares so many key job transition ideas and coaching for the candidate, including:
· On ZOOM interviews, it is important that you appear confident, in control and to look directly into the camera to create some type of eye contact connection.
· In today’s job market, a candidate having multiple jobs in their past is really expected so don’t worry about being labeled a “job hopper”.
· It is important that you set strong goals for yourself and have the resilience to work toward them; to be very aware of your strengths/areas to improve – this mean you are doing a critical self-assessment and do something with the information; model the behavior you want to be seen as – your self-brand is very important for your success.
· You don’t have to be an extrovert to be successful at networking – you just need to take steps early on, be strategic in your efforts and build it over time – you will be able to leverage that network for your success.
· Our workforce of the future will see an even faster pace of digital transformation, a constant need to upskill and fluid/new ways to work will be the norm.
· In your work life, you are going to have ups and downs, accept this, build resilience into your character.
And Victoria had many other comments and observations for the person who is changing their jobs/life. For more information about Victoria unstoppable approach to work/life, go to her website https://victoria-pelletier.com/