Dan Cumberland is on a mission to help you set yourself “on fire”. Years ago, he found himself in a job that didn't fit for him and no easy way out, so he set out to learn everything there is to learn about meaning, purpose, and work. After a Master's degree and a lot of experimentation, he's now doing everything he can to help you find where meaning, life, and work intersect and to inspire you to push into those places. He's been featured in Entrepreneur Magazine, Fast Company, Career Builder, and other publications. More importantly, he wants to help you find and do your best work in any way that he can.
Today he is the host of the Meaning Movement Podcast and blogs at themeaningmovement.com, where he curates the best advice on finding your passion, calling, and life’s work and runs a software incubator, UpsideBuilders.
Some of the key points we discussed in this episode include:
· You must be the solution to the hiring manager’s problems to have any chance at the job.
· To find a job with purpose, your focus should be on:
· In transition, you can feel lonely, you need to have support structure for you.
· How can you do “mini experiments” to see if the industry/job is right for you?
· To really find out the culture of a company, you need to see how they live – day in and day out – how they make decisions – how are things like conflict or success handled.
Dan is smart, caring and a broad thinker, who really does want each person to find the job that fills them with purpose and positivity. You will be energized after your listen to this episode, and I hope you leave us your thoughts and comments on it. Enjoy!