As parents we are not experts at everything. But we also want the best for our children, so we learn to outsource some of their training to the experts. That may work with teachers, tutors, coaches or music lessons, but we can’t make the mistake of outsourcing their spiritual development to anyone else. God didn’t call someone else to teach your child to follow Jesus, He called you. This week, Chris Williams encourages us and reminds us that the first step to discipling our children is loving Jesus more ourselves and living a life of pursuit and not perfection.
- What is your favorite childhood memory from attending summer camp?
- What do you think it means to be a disciple of Jesus?
- Do you think you could ever make disciples like Jesus commanded? Why or why not?
- Read aloud Deuteronomy 6:4-9. What words or phrases stand out to you the most? Why?
- Who do you know that is a model of pursuit not perfection in your life? How have they helped you follow Jesus?
- If you’re not feeling well, please wait to attend on campus until you’re fully healthy.
- We have two on-campus Sunday services: 9:30 and 11am (Our 11:00am service is live online on our Facebook Page and YouTube Channel)
- We provide kids ministry (birth – 5th grade) at 9:30am and kids and middle school (6th-8th grade) at our 11:00am service. High school ministry meets Sundays at 6:00pm on-campus.
- We encourage facial coverings per the current state health order. We are minimizing some common touchpoints, providing hand sanitizer, and offering some increased spacing in seating areas.
License for Music:
Fall Again (Instrumental) by Jonas Schmidt & henrikz https://soundcloud.com/jonasschmidtofficial
Creative Commons — Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported — CC BY-SA 3.0
Free Download / Stream: https://bit.ly/fall-again-instrumental
Music promoted by Audio Library https://youtu.be/HEvxgHKCOUM